Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
    Good idea. You aren't making sense
    Actually, I was making perfect sense. You trying repeatedly to elicit a response to something I'm not interested in responding to is what really makes no sense.

Comment

• Panama
      パナマ
      • Aug 2013
      • London
      • Opera singer and web developer.
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
      Actually, I was making perfect sense. You trying repeatedly to elicit a response to something I'm not interested in responding to is what really makes no sense.
      What do you expect from our resident troll?
      Adipose

Comment

• sandiego17
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
        Fucking hater.
        Canepa doesn't really count as any sort of expert. His midseason report card docked the coaching staff for not giving Ricardo Mathews enough snaps at LB. I guess he couldn't be that much worse than Donald Butler, but still, a reach.

Comment

• sandiego17
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Yet no one argues his posts. Just the person posting.

Not selling anything. Just posting an observation
          Rich also has a valid point about the timing of the posts. The points are what they are anyway. Te'o (shocked!), TT sucks, Royal/Floyd being better than Allen and no mention of Donald Butler (who Den claimed would be lost to Denver because of Freeney.)

This thread has been fairly therapeutic after that debacle Sunday. Good stuff.

Comment

• Boltx
            Dominate the day
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Stop derailing my thread!

This thread is to commiserate with each other over our shit trenches!
            ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Den60
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Not selling anything - just observing that you don't post much at all until the team starts losing. Strange...
              By your theory then I should have been posting more a week ago. As I said, football isn't all that important to me at this point in my life. I could go into detail why but don't feel the need to have to apologize for not being here while we were beating up on the dregs to drag the fans back to reality.

But, like I have said, if you would care to debate the issues I have pointed out feel free to do so. I do love a good debate and it might encourage me to post more. If all you want to do is complain that I post at all (or not enough, I'm confused) then that is a waste of my time.

Comment

• Den60
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I don't ridicule anyone for having an opinion, but merely made an observation about the timing of his return.

I had no interest in that post. Otherwise I would have responded to it. But I didn't. Posts that I find interesting, I respond to. That one, not so much.
                Technically, I have posted sporadically during this season. I just haven't posted very much.

Comment

• Den60
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by sandiego17 View Post
                  Rich also has a valid point about the timing of the posts. The points are what they are anyway. Te'o (shocked!), TT sucks, Royal/Floyd being better than Allen and no mention of Donald Butler (who Den claimed would be lost to Denver because of Freeney.)

This thread has been fairly therapeutic after that debacle Sunday. Good stuff.
                  Do you feel that Te'o has been productive? As for TT I just point out that he has had only two picks that have contributed significantly out of his first two drafts. If I am wrong there then please expand. Floyd has been huge for us this year, denying that is rather stupid I think. I don't think I am off the reservation in saying he has been our best WR. Royal, after his early year problems, has come up with some big plays as well. And I didn't say Allen was a bad player. In fact I said he should get his next contract (be here for the next 4-5 years IIRC) but we need to start thinking of who we will put on the opposite side of him (more a point to whether or not Floyd and Royal are in our future plans). He hasn't really shown a big step up from last year however. As for Butler I don't know whether the issue is with him of with his supporting cast. Our defensive front 7 has more holes than Swiss cheese right now and the last time I looked TT hasn't really made upgrading it (specifically in the DL) a priority.

I look at the team as it is now and what it will be next year, the year after that and so on and so forth with a goal of winning a SB. I never thought the team this year was really a SB caliber team and lately it has been exposed as not being that. To that end I don't think Denver will win a SB this year despite spending all the money to do so, though they are definitely better all around that the Chargers. Right now I think the team will decline unless they go heavily into FA like Denver did. I did point out the positions that we will need to upgrade in the next year or two though it is a repeat of pretty much what I said two years ago. So far I don't think our drafts have been as good as they need to be to offset the losses we should be expecting. I did hate the trade up for Te'o and, though I do think Atta-choo-choo could develop into a decent player, I have issues trading 4th round picks when you have an old team that needs to get younger. We are back to the point where we are looking at the waiver wire to fill our roster at the end of training camp.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
                    By your theory then I should have been posting more a week ago. As I said, football isn't all that important to me at this point in my life. I could go into detail why but don't feel the need to have to apologize for not being here while we were beating up on the dregs to drag the fans back to reality.

But, like I have said, if you would care to debate the issues I have pointed out feel free to do so. I do love a good debate and it might encourage me to post more. If all you want to do is complain that I post at all (or not enough, I'm confused) then that is a waste of my time.
                    It's painfully obvious that we look at the world in vastly different ways and nothing posted on a forum is really going to change that. Your posts in this thread are classic examples of exactly why people people respond to you the way they do. If you don't see the absolute irony of your sudden outburst of posting right when the team starts losing, well, a lot of other posters sure do. Sure you posted occasionally, regaling us with the story of how miserable it was to go to a Charger game with your son and how so much about it sucked. When my daughter wants to go to a game, it's the best time in the world. I don't care if the beer is overpriced, how expensive it is or whatever stuff you were complaining about, that is all missing the point of enjoying life. I just can't fathom going through life so bitter and negative about seemingly everything.

So no, I don't choose to debate someone who constantly has an edge and looks for the worst in everything - to use your words - it's a waste of my time.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

But you are responding.

Responding to a poster that has the audacity to post on this board.

Without any response to that posters comments. Just that they would dare post at the moment they did
                      Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

But you are responding.

Responding to a poster that has the audacity to post on this board.

Without any response to that posters comments. Just that they would dare post at the moment they did
                        Man, when you play obtuse, you REALLY play obtuse. But we get that this is your silly schtick. I said several times I wasn't interested in debating the point he made. And I haven't. There was a bit of back and forth about why I wasn't interested in debating the point. Yet still you prattle on about it.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

I said several times I wasn't interested in debating the point he made.
                          what point were you not debating?
                          Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

Working...
                          X