• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

the hypothetical....

03) from Detroit * Andrew Thomas (Chase Young)
    06) Cedarian Lamb
    12) from Raiders * D'Andre Swift

2) Julian Okwara
    2) Prince Tega Wanogho

holding off on Derrick Brown given that our SB aspirations are now on hold, and Wirfs is the odd man out (speaking for myself of course)

am signing Mariota to compete against Tyrod, and still like Riley Neal in the draft (round six) or as an UDFA to join Stick as backups.
    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

so post Phil am keeping in mind what TT said 'bout "flair" and "exciting," and while also keeping on w/the Clipps and Doc Rivers comps, as they were able to get some decent vet help post Blake, CP3 'n DJ, and w/their rooks and young folks were fun to watch (and until our next big things shows), and hence my ever growing fascination w/the likes of Lamb 'n Swift in the draft.

QB * Tyrod, Mariota (Stick) * don't see anyone in the draft that lights my fire here, and love the MM intangibles
      RB * Kareem Hunt, Swift, JJ, Watt, JJ Taylor/Benny LeMay * not sure we're gonna be able to hold onto Ekeler, and just like w/most anyone else.... do not want to overpay
      WR * CeeDee Lamb, MW, Van Jefferson, Aaron Fuller, Anthony Johnson * movin' on from the notion of bringing back Dontrelle post PR
      TE * Eric Ebron, Virgil, Culkin, Albert Okwuegbunam * not interested in tagging HH, and again don't want to overpay
      OT * Andrew Thomas/Prince Tega Wanogho, Jason Spriggs, Pip * need to get a vet here too or double dip in the draft
      OG * Quinton Spain, Forrest, Tevi * not sure if Sam is gonna be the guy here, and thinkin' there might be some day three/UDFAs here as well
      OC * Pouncey, Qberry, Groy * the working model for now, unless and/or until AL pounds the table for Cushenberry

NT * Sly, Danny Shelton, Leki Fotu
      DT * JJ, Cortez
      DE * Jerry, Rochell, Anthony Lanier * so Ninj, what makes you so sure that Tillery can't play DE, given the success of Red Bryant and prolly others there ??
      LEO * Nwosu, Julian Okwara
      SAM * Egbule, Evan Weaver
      MIKE * Denzel, Jon Bostic
      WIL * Kyzir, Drue
      SS * Derwin, Rayshawn
      FS * Nasir, Jaylen
      CB * Casey, Mike D, Facyson, Desmond, Nevelle Clark

ST * Badgley, Long, Mazza
      Last edited by beachcomber; 02-10-2020, 05:54 PM.
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Boltgang74
        We Are The Storm!
        • Aug 2018
        • Send PM

No Ekkie,HH,or Bosa with Mariota at the helm?So its tank for Trevor time.Screw it,with how this day has gone I'm down.The wheels have fell off let's roll till it explodes!

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Ekeler is a RFA so he isn't going anywhere and would be smart to try and lock him up now. But, if they wait I'm sure his production won't be as good with Phil gone so he won't have as good a year statistically as a reciever.

Absolutely NO interest in Mariota at all.

With Phil​​​ leaving im pretty certain we are going to draft a QB. They know at #6 this is their best opportunity.

We will see what Telesco is made of as a GM.

Comment

• nomad1946
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2017
            • West Yellowstone, Montana
            • Retired
            • Send PM

A Quarterback at 6, or Fromm at 37?

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              Oline-Tip of the Spear...
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Pipefitter Illinois State University
              • Send PM

Originally posted by nomad1946 View Post
              AN at 6, or Fromm at 37?
              Huge fan of Fromm...I think he is gonna be successful in this league...but I don't think he fits Lynn. It won't be Fromm. It will be a trade up for Burrow(Highly unlikely) Herbert at 6, or Hurts on day 2...our new QB will have wheels....
              Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

DE * Jerry, Rochell, Anthony Lanier * so Ninj, what makes you so sure that Tillery can't play DE, given the success of Red Bryant and prolly others there ??
                First, I’m not sure JT will succeed at all.

He has a few desirable traits as a 3-Tech but that is about it.
                Length, handstrike power, short area agility, stunt game timing, and grip strength are all adequate to very good.
                Initial burst, flexibility to bend/flatten, S2P transition, vertical play base, hip drive flexibility, and blocking deconstruction diagnosis/feel are fucking ugly.
                His skillset does not lead to confidence on the inside and on the edge would be even more ineffective.
                My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

@present am not overly encouraged by the LAC state of the union, as mentioned before don't see them winning even as many games as they managed this last season, if.... things stay as we are headed now.

QB * don't see a QB in the draft or FA that's gonna change AL's fortune.... he made his bed in first firing Whiz and then puttin' Phil on the bus.... two (very) poor (personnel) decisions me thinx…. suspect that Taylor gets his shot 'til we are mathematically eliminated, and then if Telesco decides to weigh in on things and signs Marcus in FA, think he'll get his shot after the ship goes down @season's end and will show enough to be retained into 2021.... not sure what y'all see in Mr. Stick as will be surprised if he ever figures out the NFL passing game ??

RB * do like Tom quite a bit personality/persona wise, albeit if he decides to resign Melvin after his initial tweet storm and then his commentary re: what he will miss about Chargerland (nothing)…. then his ice gets very thin underfoot.... otherwise there is a near can't miss Exacta @37 if the either of Swift and/or Dobbins is there, as we cannot go w/Ekkie and/or JJ as our lead backs, and.... 'twas a solid move in resigning Ekeler and think we signed him for a reasonable/fair amount

WR * big work to do here as KA could be asking for exorbitant monies, not to mention being less than Jake w/things as they now stand in Chargerland, and while across from him is a long strider that gets yards but is not a quick twitch move the chains kind of steady Eddie that you can count on in clutch situations.... am sure the temptation is to go big @6 w/another all time/HoF wideout to continue the Charger tradition of greatness @this position, and.... Tom needs to show his chops day three and dig us out a gem or coupla few via the draft and thereafter

TE * wasn't so sure we were going to be able to retain the either of Ekeler nor HH, albeit would now think that Tom gets this done as well w/Henry, and that we retain Virgil and Culkin, unless some unbeknownst (@least to me) talent falls into our laps sometime this offseason (Eric Ebron anyone ?)

OT * thank you Russell, and a needed maneuver under the cap and given our fan/org psychology, and just couldn't imagine weathering another will he or won't he engagement from Mr. Okung going forward.... personally am putting pretty much all my eggs in the draft and until after the fact, and we come up short, and then I'd entertain the second half of FA in shoring up any holes here.... Tevi is moving inside or off roster by my take, and Pips is no one that eye am counting on, albeit will admit he pleasantly surprised/overachieved last season from what I expected of things

OG * think Tom has some more work cut out for him w/Turner here as well, as apparently dude wants to get paid (sound familiar), and of which would be in no hurry to shell out any duckets for someone who is right in there PFF wise w/the both of Okung and Pipkins.... hold up young Trai and get your uni and on the field first as an LAC before we talk any biz, a year or two later.... ready to move on from Dan (day three pick in return a possibility ?), and willing to give Lamp another run for his money, and would def be a bonus if the either or both of Tevi/Scott was able to contribute here

OC * not handing anything over to Scott, who is another someone that eye didn't expect as much out of, and kudos to you for a solid contribution to things last season.... not opposed to sticking w/Groy for now if we don't nab anyone in the draft, as don't think we're making any run to the SB anytime to very soon

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

NT * didn't really pay much attention to the Combine, albeit am under the impression that Brown's stock dropped some, and as mentioned beforehand now that we are post Phil, am less concerned 'bout bringing on someone like Brown given that we aren't really in the SB race/running atm.... still like him quite a bit, albeit would prefer to go FA w/Shelton here, and retain Sly for a coupla vets to anchor our rooks @the 3T, and of which allows us to focus our draft capital on OT

3T * Brown is mostly a 3T and Jones can play some one if need be as well, albeit we do have Justin, Jerry and Cortez here, which is pretty much a full house on the IDL far as eye see it atm

DE * does he stay or does he go Joe ?? as things stand now and given our personnel moves/intimations of late, can't see Joey overly enamored w/things and think we just need to enjoy things while we can, and prepare for things if and when things become more of a likelihood, and which is not this offseason.... do like Rochell as a backup here

LEO * not sure what to make of Nwosu here, and not overly optimistic 'bout the wisdom in resigning Melvin here neithers, and so.... holding steady as she goes for now

SAM * coach says Kyzir is an OTTO and given that we've got Emeke here, think we're set.... @least on paper and atm

MLB * 'tis beyond me how Teo 2.0 lite is the consensus fave to be our starting MLB ?? do agree that Denzel is a wee bit of an injury concern, and hence my interest in signing Jon Bostic here in FA

WIL * this is where I'd slot Drue, albeit still think he himself is a significant injury concern and better used in sub packages than as a starter here, albeit most have Jatavis on his way out, and as mentioned coach has Kyzir @SAM ?? and not to mention Mr. Davis is slotted for a consensus exit left as well.... does IS come into play here ??

SS * Derwin missed how many games last season ?? and who is his backup, as our elite FS is likely gonna recoup that role to start the season there, no ?? who is our backup SS here ?? AP ??

FS * would love me some Nasir here, albeit can't believe loyal Lynn is gonna concede any such thing and in any such hurry to start next season.... we do have talent here tho w/the two of 'em

CB * guess I missed the boat on how down on Mike D. peoples are here, and why all the hullaballoo 'bout needing someone across from Casey ?? the draft is loaded @CB, and personally don't see anyone in FA that gets me going, so not against even double dipping in the draft, and/or duplicating what we did the other year in bringing in Tony Brown and Facyson in FA.

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

QB * Tyrod, Marcus, Easton * patience is virtue.... after next season we will still be in position to draft our QB of the future
                      RB * D'Andre Swift, Ekeler, JJ, Watt * would be a very exciting offensive backfield
                      WR * Keenan, MW, Cantrell, Van Jefferson, Aaron Fuller * some of you want speed.... personally am after/prefer shifty
                      TE * HH, Eric Ebron, Virgil, Culkin * think I'd spend the money on another TE hedge if and when we resign Henry
                      OT * Pip, Wirfs, Prince Tega Wanogho * personally like the Prince over Cesar Ruiz roster wise
                      OG * Forrest, Trai, Sam, Trent Scott * don't have any much of a problem w/staying thru Dan's contract, albeit think we need to make preemptive decisions rather than wait 'til after the fact
                      OC * Qberry, Groy * maybe not our best look, but not any worse than last go 'round, no ??

NT * Danny Shelton, Sly * am ok w/these two and still not against lucking into Leki in the draft
                      3T * Justin Jones, Jerry, Cortez * the show me state of the IDL
                      DE * Joey, Isaac * greatness goes to.... ??
                      LEO * Ingram, Nwosu * unsettled
                      SAM * Egbule, Kyzir * feel just fine w/Emeke here and wish White could play some subs/WIL for us
                      MIKE * Denzel, Jon Bostic * for me this is really solid, and helps plug the running back river delta up the middle against us of late
                      WIL * Tranksylvania, Jatavis * not solid/sold on this pairing
                      SS * Derwin, AP * not sure the latter stays in the mix given Telesco's annual AP address and for better or worse
                      FS * Rayshawn, Nasir, Jaylen Watkins * should be fun to watch this distill out
                      CB * Casey, Desmond, Facyson, Nevelle Clark, Mike D. * still a Brandon fan despite the dissenters and think we can get @least someone via the draft to add to here

K * Badgley * a good add and had by most all
                      P * Long * very crafty/shrewd add here by Mr. Tom
                      LS * Mazza * thank you so much

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

https://nfltraderumors.co/afc-west-notes-broncos-chargers-raiders-70/

reading this gives me pause as to a laundry list of things to consider for our newly invigorated GM....

QB * ok, you and the HC have decided that Tyrod is your game one starter.... who is your hedge bet here as you don't believe that Stick is (ever really) ready to start in the NFL do you ?? and if you pay Tom $64m/two years, how is that you have any monies to build an OL, not to mention your yet to come into blossom Dline ??

RB * do you really think that a combo of Ekeler and JJ is what you want as your starting RB against NFL front line defenses ?? do you have a draft pick for an RB ?? do you have FA monies for a decent starting RB ??

WR * what are you going to do 'bout Keenan ?? where is he at w/your football team/organization ?? where is he @with his HC ?? trade him a year early and put yourself in a position to replace him w/CDL if someone like Mayock is willing to deal their 12 overall ??

TE * ok, so you've tagged your TE, the guy that so far and to date has been less than so available @times.... who is your hedge there if he goes down and/or out again ?? your HC doesn't like TEs that don't/can't block.... is there someone in the draft worth your draft capital as compared to rebuilding the lines, or can you find someone in FA that fits the bill ??

OT * Pip against the world here, unless you still like the toughness of Tevi @RT, and granted.... you were not alone in thinking that Trent Scott could hold it down @tackle for the if and when Russell went down, and.... you can't seriously be entertaining the thought of signing a marquee FATty can you ?? for Tyrod, really ?? how many picks are you willing to set aside/squander on OT this year ??

OG * consensus is that you're going to ride it out w/Forrest for another year.... do you have a hedge plan there as he isn't exactly a bedrock of dependability there ?? and Dan.... how much do you need to see of him to be enough ?? is it possible to move him for a day three (salvage) pick ?? do you really think he's an OC ?? has he done anything to reinforce that notion, or is it mostly just wishful thinking on the part of the Chargers' brass/coaching staff ?? what if Sam and/or Trent don't pan out here ?? Trai + ??

OC * ok again.... small feather in TT's cap for the way Qberry held up in Pouncey's absence, and.... why in the hell did we resign Mike P. ?? are we going to get hoodwinked again, same as it was in offering MG3 $10m.... how much might we be on the books for the signing of TB12 ?? who is your OC of choice ?? Erick McCoy woulda, coulda, shoulda been nice. Cesar Ruiz or ??

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

NT * ok we like Telesco cuz he's a thoughtful/mindful individual, and.... when does it go too far (when the Spanos clan intervene based on dollars and their faith ?), and.... nice charity work in extending Mebane.... can we please have a real NT.... even Joey expressed his gratitude for Sly playing alongside him a time or two.... small dollars will bring noticeable difference here, if and only if we go in the direction of a real NT, and not a penetrating 1tech (isn't that close to an oxymoron anyways ?)…. in the draft and FA is my personal preference, and retain Sly, pls and thank you.

DT * you have a trio of maybees and hoping so's, and.... truth be told is that Jerry finished dead last for DTs last season, and your wish to have a hybrid 1 & 3T came true w/Justin Jones, albeit is he anyone more than a rotational piece, and what do you have in Cortez.... unfortunately think you have to ride this one out, just like you have to ride out your Tyrod (AL personnel) decision....

DE * just like Keenan (and Supa Mel)…. pls make an executive decision, and not after the fact as has been the Spanos de facto way for most evermore.... not convinced he was impressed w/the handling of PR, and not convinced he's convinced he's w/the right organization/on the right team for him long-term.... do you bite your lip and cross your fingers that w/Tyrod there is a way, or do you hear the music and decide to bite the proverbial bullet, and offer Mr. Bosa up to Ron in DC or Patricia in the Motor City and trust you could get same return as either the second or third overall pick in the draft, and turn that into a franchise LT or edge rusher/Chase Young ??

LEO * plenty of peoples on both sides of the fence here, and.... if you start Tyrod and roll to a similar 5-11 record or even lesser, and perhaps you have signed Mariota as a QB hedge there, and he gets his chance in 2021, and while you perhaps have found the draft capital for your QB of the future, albeit he still needs a year on the bench/under his belt before you think it wise to start him, does it really make sense to pay Supa Mel for a season extra or even coupla few while you sort things out, or could you perhaps find a trade partner and draft a reasonable replacement player, that might just be coming into his own/or prime by the time our QB situation is sorted/healed ??

SAM * not a bad day three pick w/Egbule, and you still have the ghost of Nwosu here as a placeholder.... are you good w/things here, and is AL's (personnel) decision to play Kyzir here the right one ??

MLB * congrats on restructuring Denzel's contract, and while you're at it, could you pls get a real hedge here, as you don't really think that Drue will hold up as a starting MIKE in the NFL do you ?? Jon Bostic in FA or Evan Weaver in the draft, or.... ??

WIL * lotta mud on the wall here, and not much sticking.... first it was Jatavis, then Kyzir, and now Drue.... all w/health concerns/issues, and now w/the scepter of another savior in the form of Isaiah Simmons.... so easy just to push the button w/the latter and be done w/things here, albeit is that in the best interest of the team and in lieu of an OT, and not to mention our record upon the return of Derwin…. does Simmons really boost the win/loss record enough to justify the sixth overall ??

SS * Derwin has missed a shit ton of games of late, Coach has pretty much removed Rayshawn from backup consideration here, and AP is in the balance.... is there a draft pick set aside for DJ's backup here, or are we good w/Teamer and/or whom else we have on board atm ??

FS * not sure how much deeper into the hole your HC can shove your once prized FS draft pick into the hole, and.... is Rayshawn your guy forevermore here, and you can rest well @night now ??

CB * most everyone seems to think that this position group deems itself necessary of an overhaul/reinforcement, and that Mike D. is one game away from near permanent slippage, and not to mention that Facyson is nothing short of a serious liability, and Desmond still MIA ?? what to do ?? do Chris Harris monies add up here ?? how high do you want to draft your Cameron Dantzler of choice ?? or is there another more prudent way to go about things, like just bringing in some day three/UDFA fodder to shore up the depth here ??

Comment

Working...
                          X