• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

missin' Facyson and Sly on all y'all rosters ??

and thinkin' if we ink one more in FA, could be a vet OC ??
    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
      missin' Facyson and Sly on all y'all rosters ??

and thinkin' if we ink one more in FA, could be a vet OC ??
      Sly isn't on the roster. You mention him often so I thought he was. Don't think he is coming back now.

Facyson was not good last year so can take or leave him.

Comment

• gzubeck
        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
        • Jan 2019
        • Tucson, AZ
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Sly isn't on the roster. You mention him often so I thought he was. Don't think he is coming back now.

Facyson was not good last year so can take or leave him.
        I think his middle name is toast! How many times was this guy burned by receivers.
        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I think his middle name is toast! How many times was this guy burned by receivers.
          He was a reason Gus wouldn't blitz more because Facyson wasn't good enough at man coverage.

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Still gonna need to throw the ball. The Chiefs won't care how long we take to scoreby running the ball. They score quick often.
            Not to mention bet two WRs in case Keenan signs elsewhere or someone gets hurt.
            We going no where with Patten who ever is behind him. Don't expect Cantrell to do anything either.

We didn't win a game in our division so hell yes we need more weapons.
            Oh, we'll still throw the ball. But the run game will set up the passing game. Did you notice that the Chiefs went to an attacking run blitz defense late in all of their playoff/SB wins...? Best way to defeat that scheme is shorter, play-action passes to your TE's over the vacated middle. The best way to defeat the Chiefs is keep their offense on the bench... watching. If Texans, Titans, 49ers would have had one last, time-consuming offensive drive in the 4th quarter, the Chiefs would have lost those games.

OT's and TE's are weapons, too. Chargers need to convert a lot of those redzone FG's into redzone TD's. Unfortunately, even if Pipkins does develop, he's more finesse than redzone power.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Still need two WR's in my view and im certain we will draft at least 1. But in this deep class where we can get value, why not draft two? Sets you up for later.

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Still need two WR's in my view and im certain we will draft at least 1. But in this deep class where we can get value, why not draft two? Sets you up for later.
                I don't know about you, but every time I do a mock draft, there are always better players available at different positions than the available WR's at those spots. WR class is very deep however. WR's start becoming BPA's around the 5th round. Will the WR's in the 5th/6th/7th rounds be as good as WR's in early rounds...? No. But if EKE is used in the slot during half the time, how many times are you going to have 3 or more WR's on the field. I'd rather have a TE (who could also help in the run game) than a 3rd/4th WR.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I don't know about you, but every time I do a mock draft, there are always better players available at different positions than the available WR's at those spots. WR class is very deep however. WR's start becoming BPA's around the 5th round. Will the WR's in the 5th/6th/7th rounds be as good as WR's in early rounds...? No. But if EKE is used in the slot during half the time, how many times are you going to have 3 or more WR's on the field. I'd rather have a TE (who could also help in the run game) than a 3rd/4th WR.
                  That's what I'm saying about drafting 2 WRs this year. In my sig, my 6th rounder may not be there in the top of the that round but WRs will slide with so many there in this draft,a so there's a chance it happens.

Two WRs does 2 things.

They will be cheap sliding down, and Keenan is up for contract. I assume they want to keep him but he may opt to hit free agency.
                  Third,it gives us good depth at WR where we have almost ZERO for an injury.

Ekeler was split out last season yes but part of that id guess is because out WR depth was awful.
                  Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-22-2020, 02:18 PM.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

I do like the depth at WR going deep into day 3.
                    A. Gibson is a duel threat prospect I like for us with how I envision our offense. Antonio can be our primary RB1 and with his receiving skills, he can also take reps as WRS. He and Ekeler can both be used in the same or alternative personnel packages.
                    Quez Watkins, Van Jefferson, Gabe Davis, Joe Reed, Tyrie Cleveland, Mike Pittman, Brian Edwards, Lynn Bowden, Ben Victor, John Hightower, Omar Bayless, Stephen Guidry, and Isaiah Coulter are day3 WR prospects I like.
                    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

That's what I'm saying about drafting 2 WRs this year. In my sig, my 6th rounder may not be there in the top of the that round but WRs will slide with so many there in this draft,a so there's a chance it happens.

Two WRs does 2 things.

They will be cheap sliding down, and Keenan is up for contract. I assume they want to keep him but he may opt to hit free agency.
                      Third,it gives us good depth at WR where we have almost ZERO for an injury.

Ekeler was split out last season yes but part of that id guess is because out WR depth was awful.
                      Don't forget that HH is also up for contract next year. Chargers had to tag him because they couldn't agree on money and they have concerns about his durability. If I'm deciding between re-signing KA and HH, I'm probably going with KA. He's proven. So, in reality, Chargers are thinner at TE than they are at WR. Why not get 1 of each...?

Ekeler was in the slot a lot because he just isn't an every down RB out of the backfield. However, he is a weapon I'd like to see on the field nearly every play. I'd put him in motion from the slot like the 49ers did with Samuels or the Chiefs did with various WR's.

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

I do like the depth at WR going deep into day 3.
                        A. Gibson is a duel threat prospect I like for us with how I envision our offense. Antonio can be our primary RB1 and with his receiving skills, he can also take reps as WRS. He and Ekeler can both be used in the same or alternative personnel packages.
                        Quez Watkins, Van Jefferson, Gabe Davis, Joe Reed, Tyrie Cleveland, Mike Pittman, Brian Edwards, Lynn Bowden, Ben Victor, John Hightower, Omar Bayless, Stephen Guidry, and Isaiah Coulter are day3 WR prospects I like.
                        Antonio Gibson will be one of those guys some team falls in love with (for good reason) and gets taken day 2. I like him a lot and would be very surprised if he was still there in round 4. WR's I like in the later rounds: Antonio Gandy-Golden, KJ Hill, Juaun Jennings, Collin Johnson, Aaron Fuller, Joe Reed. Each of them has various limitations (usually speed) but are very productive.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Antonio Gibson will be one of those guys some team falls in love with (for good reason) and gets taken day 2. I like him a lot and would be very surprised if he was still there in round 4. WR's I like in the later rounds: Antonio Gandy-Golden, KJ Hill, Juaun Jennings, Collin Johnson, Aaron Fuller, Joe Reed. Each of them has various limitations (usually speed) but are very productive.
                          Perfect Slot guy.
                          @Mobile.
                          Could not touch this.
                          All day.
                          All week.
                          Pundits say he could not be covered
                          because of short area quickness and savvy route running.
                          We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X