Before We All Jump On The Justin Herbert Hype Train...

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts54 View Post
    Right now, Herbert looks like another Sam Darnold or Daniel Jones-the things they did in college to get noticed just won't work in the pros. The game is too fast. But, on paper at least, the Giants and Jets seem to be wrecks when it comes to talent. I think the talent around Herbert can make him better. I think we can give him a "pass" if he can't stand toe-to-toe with Brady or Brees but if he can't take on the Jets or Dolphins, then maybe it will be time to worry just a bit,
    Watched the jets game recap and Herbert is twice as good as darnold. Not even close.
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Classic
      Hall Of Fame
      • Dec 2014
      • Send PM

Right now, Herbert looks like another Sam Darnold or Daniel Jones-the things they did in college to get noticed just won't work in the pros. The game is too fast. But, on paper at least, the Giants and Jets seem to be wrecks when it comes to talent. I think the talent around Herbert can make him better. I think we can give him a "pass" if he can't stand toe-to-toe with Brady or Brees but if he can't take on the Jets or Dolphins, then maybe it will be time to worry just a bit,
      Lmao you're already ready to move on from Herbert after 2 starts but think Darnold and Jones still have a chance.

Comment

• jubei
        Vagabond Ninja
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

watch lynn will tear the rook a new one for the INT, and proclaim he's a backup for a reason and that they cant run the offense they wanna run.

Comment

• Steve
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • South Carolina
          • Meteorologist
          • Send PM

QB don't play each other. They play against defenses. And even some bad teams have good defenses.

Another thing to note was that rookie/2nd year Brady and Brees didn't look like the Brady and Brees of today, who are not the Brady and Brees in their primes. Herbert has left points on the field and is not playing at an all pro level. But everyone has to learn to crawl before they can walk.

Comment

• AFboltfan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2018
            • Balboa Park bench
            • Medical Simulation
            • Send PM

Herbert is the best QB on this roster...

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by AFboltfan View Post
              Herbert is the best QB on this roster...
              After 2 games with a limited offseason and no preseason games, Herbert already has a higher QB rating than Taylor does for his career.

Comment

• Silversurfer
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2019
                • Los Angeles
                • Send PM

He was making some un believable throws, they got to set this kid up with some better play calling and blocking. I think my Madden play calls would be better than what the team is calling right now.

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

I don't know how you reach this conclusion after watching him for two games. What he has accomplished in his first two starts has only been accomplished by two other QBs: Cam Newton and Kyler Murray. That is pretty good company to be in.

Comment

• Parcells
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Let’s also remember that he had a 50 yard strike called back for a ticky tacky OPI call on Mike Williams. Add that in and he’s at 380 yards. But that throw went almost 60 yards in the air and was a throw that a majority of starting QBs in his league can’t make, probably including Brady and Brees. These throws along with his mobility will make him a nightmare to game plan against.

Comment

• floydefisher
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • siberiacuse, ny
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
                      He’s a rook who’s footwork/mechanics have been coached up. Muscle memory yet? Not likely.
                      Justin will have ups and downs as a rookie QB.
                      We will CHEER and we will cringe.
                      I like this take.

I'm going to be honest here....I never expected this year to go all that well.

There has been no offseason practices, there has been no pre-season scrimmage games.

And the starting QB situation is the equivalent to the keys to a championship F-1 race team being handed to a 16 year old Go-Kart champ.

A good driver, but driving a Go Kart is not the same thing as driving an F-1 car.

The same is true for Herbert....College football is not the same as the pros, and it shows.

At least give him time to develop before passing judgment, ok?
                      sigpic

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Knocking Herbert at this point with the tremendous upside he is showing despite the truncated offseason, lack of preseason games, only having a single week of practice with the starters, and playing behind a bad offensive line is just bizarre. People should be ecstatic about what we will get from him with more experience and coaching. The future is bright at QB, despite the occasional rookie mistakes he will make.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                          Knocking Herbert at this point with the tremendous upside he is showing despite the truncated offseason, lack of preseason games, only having a single week of practice with the starters, and playing behind a bad offensive line is just bizarre. People should be ecstatic about what we will get from him with more experience and coaching. The future is bright at QB, despite the occasional rookie mistakes he will make.
                          This.

Comment

Working...
                          X