Before We All Jump On The Justin Herbert Hype Train...

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post
    Let’s also remember that he had a 50 yard strike called back for a ticky tacky OPI call on Mike Williams. Add that in and he’s at 380 yards. But that throw went almost 60 yards in the air and was a throw that a majority of starting QBs in his league can’t make, probably including Brady and Brees. These throws along with his mobility will make him a nightmare to game plan against.
    A total non-penalty. As Rich Gannon commented, Lynn will be sending that one to the league.

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

didn't catch the game, but from what I saw of the highlights, Herbert's fumble looked like a case of being in his head, instead of being in the game....

what I mean by that, is guessing he got heaps of coaching shoved into his cerebellum and the thereabouts in the short time between games, and on that play it looked like he was uber focused on taking a shorter/quicker drop, and ditto for his throwing motion, and was more focused on the coaching he had received during the week, and less in tune w/the general whereabouts of the game, his RT/Dlineman in question, to be specific, and hence a large part of him getting clipped for the incomplete/fumble, which might not have happened if he was less in his head and more in the game, and....

not to be unexpected given the circumstances, and given the tone and tenor of his HC post KC ??
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

will add that am really enjoying my Justin Herbert crow, as was one of the guys that suggested drafting a QB was a big mistake, in lieu of linemen, and def was wary of Herbert's mixed reviews, re: accuracy/consistency, of which am not sure he's so much out of the woods yet, as he has displayed some accuracy concerns, and yet....

think he was def the pick for the Chargers to make, and hats off to TT if he was the one that one reporter alluded to that had Herbert No. 1 on his board not for just this last year, but for the last two years running.... def like his demeanor, he plays an exciting brand of football, and brings the whole darn field and roster to life....
        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
          didn't catch the game, but from what I saw of the highlights, Herbert's fumble looked like a case of being in his head, instead of being in the game....

what I mean by that, is guessing he got heaps of coaching shoved into his cerebellum and the thereabouts in the short time between games, and on that play it looked like he was uber focused on taking a shorter/quicker drop, and ditto for his throwing motion, and was more focused on the coaching he had received during the week, and less in tune w/the general whereabouts of the game, his RT/Dlineman in question, to be specific, and hence a large part of him getting clipped for the incomplete/fumble, which might not have happened if he was less in his head and more in the game, and....

not to be unexpected given the circumstances, and given the tone and tenor of his HC post KC ??
          I just think he has to learn to "feel" pressure like the really good QBs do. It's something he will learn with experience. Bulaga whiffed on that play so really that strip sack fumble is on him. But I am confident Herbert will be more aware going forward. One thing he is learning as well is he can't trust his OL with the Chargers like he did at Oregon. I hope the Chargers build a decent OL around him and not waste his talent.

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
            will add that am really enjoying my Justin Herbert crow, as was one of the guys that suggested drafting a QB was a big mistake, in lieu of linemen, and def was wary of Herbert's mixed reviews, re: accuracy/consistency, of which am not sure he's so much out of the woods yet, as he has displayed some accuracy concerns, and yet....

think he was def the pick for the Chargers to make, and hats off to TT if he was the one that one reporter alluded to that had Herbert No. 1 on his board not for just this last year, but for the last two years running.... def like his demeanor, he plays an exciting brand of football, and brings the whole darn field and roster to life....
            If true, Telesco kept it quiet after the draft. Telesco usually says so and so was at the top of our draft board.

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I just think he has to learn to "feel" pressure like the really good QBs do. It's something he will learn with experience. Bulaga whiffed on that play so really that strip sack fumble is on him. But I am confident Herbert will be more aware going forward. One thing he is learning as well is he can't trust his OL with the Chargers like he did at Oregon. I hope the Chargers build a decent OL around him and not waste his talent.
              Pipkens seems off to a rough start so far.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Pipkens seems off to a rough start so far.
                Doesn't seem to have progressed much from last year.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                  We Are The Storm!
                  • Aug 2018
                  • Send PM

TT has GOT to man up and draft o line high this draft and protect our new QB.Stop leaning on other teams cast offs and learn how to draft tackles and guards(and a center?)already.Draft a bunch if need be but get it done already telescope.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Admittedly, the Oline had a terrible game.

I am still voting Campen for President.

Future marker.

We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Silversurfer
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2019
                      • Los Angeles
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                      Admittedly, the Oline had a terrible game.

I am still voting Campen for President.

Future marker.
                      Campen trying to make a dollar out of 15cents.

Comment

• BigBad
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2019
                        • Send PM

Every player in every professional sport has said the following.... There is practice speed, preseason speed, regular-season speed, and playoff speed. Burrow and Herbert had to completely skip preseason speed this year. It really is a testament to their talent to even look decent without a preseason.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                          We Are The Storm!
                          • Aug 2018
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post

Campen trying to make a dollar out of 15cents.
                          Chicken salad out of TT's chicken shit.

Comment

Working...
                          X