• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DontEverGiveUp
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

So you're saying there is a leadership vacuum when El Capitan left for Indy?
    Rivers got them to battle hard down the end of every crummy season.

Interested to see if there will be a total collapse without him.
    Nah, Rivers was the reason Lynn's team was crappy last year, remember?

Lynn let Gordon destroy our running game and locker room, fired the OC midseason to save his own butt, and then put all the remaining blame on Rivers. And many fans went right along with him, as if Lynn was actually a good head coach.

​​​​

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

We are suppose to focus our attention on the subpar field goal kicking...stop distracting us!

btw, Youngho Koo is 21/22 this year & 3/3 from 50+
      After he left Stewart, he got his swag back.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post
        Sad, Lynn standing by him man Stewart saying hes not the one out there in punt protection. His ship is sinking and hes taking his staff with him.
        That's like saying the players aren't calling first down 1.4 yard run plays or mismanaging the clock or being out coached by disguised defenses.

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

gonna be a good laugh watching people who rely on stats twist this to Lynn's fault
          stats ?? how 'bout wearing some different hats....

is the inference that if the either of Tomlin or Reid were in Charge here they'd have the two wins to show for their efforts, and.... if A. Ray was @the helm of either of those other two outfits that he'd have the same winning record of the aforementioned coaches.... (if not better, as he's a better coach than Mr. Bill) ??

and just for the record, and that eye can't help myself.... will volunteer that Lynn would prolly have but four wins (and a losing record) w/either of those teams, and while Tomlin/Reid would both prolly have a winning record here and somewhere in the neighborhood of five wins or so.... half goofin', and....
          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Critty
            Dominate the Day.
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

stats ?? how 'bout wearing some different hats....

is the inference that if the either of Tomlin or Reid were in Charge here they'd have the two wins to show for their efforts, and.... if A. Ray was @the helm of either of those other two outfits that he'd have the same winning record of the aforementioned coaches.... (if not better, as he's a better coach than Mr. Bill) ??

and just for the record, and that eye can't help myself.... will volunteer that Lynn would prolly have but four wins (and a losing record) w/either of those teams, and while Tomlin/Reid would both prolly have a winning record here and somewhere in the neighborhood of five wins or so.... half goofin', and....
            I keep in mind Gilman who said the teams that win stay healthy and interested.

​​​​​​Then I ask myself are Steelers and Chiefs having better health this year. And I ask do they have better front offices. Do they draft better. I know Steelers seems to know how to build defense and o-line. They been doing that since way before Tomlin arrived. I know that Chiefs will do a trade up for a QB even when they just had a successful year. I know Chiefs will draft a player with off field issue like Tyreek Hill as winning is a priority over a player being a Saint who goes to heaven. I suspect Tyreek is a no draft for Spanos. And I think they have better homefield advantage although this year it is a non factor. They also are not starting a rookie QB. So they likely have bigger playbook for their QB and more chemistry going for them. I suspect Herbert still has a lot to learn even though he has been very impressive. I've also see they are getting much better FG kicking. Steelers have 5 one score wins. I think the Steelers kicker being 100% on FG is helping to keep them undefeated. We saw Chiefs kicker make 58yd game winner to beat Chargers in OT. Badger would miss that the way he has kick this year.
            ​​​​​
            So I do think Lynn would be having success as a Steelers HC. He is their style of HC too. Wants to be physical and run the ball. Like Tomlin he doesn't call plays.

I don't think Reid would be happy working for Chargers. He would want players like Tyreek Hill. He would want to trade for a new QB and probably move on from Rivers right away as Rivers is not his style of QB. And he would say are we trying to win football games or get into heaven. What are we doing?!

So, I think yes Lynn is more successful with those franchised and Tomlin and Reid may struggle working under the Spanos way.

Lynn is doing his best in spite of the front office repeated failures.
            Who has it better than us?

Comment

• CivilBolt
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

After he left Stewart, he got his swag back.
              Same with Lambo? I think they all do good after leaving the chargers.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

I keep in mind Gilman who said the teams that win stay healthy and interested.

​​​​​​Then I ask myself are Steelers and Chiefs having better health this year. And I ask do they have better front offices. Do they draft better. I know Steelers seems to know how to build defense and o-line. They been doing that since way before Tomlin arrived. I know that Chiefs will do a trade up for a QB even when they just had a successful year. I know Chiefs will draft a player with off field issue like Tyreek Hill as winning is a priority over a player being a Saint who goes to heaven. I suspect Tyreek is a no draft for Spanos. And I think they have better homefield advantage although this year it is a non factor. They also are not starting a rookie QB. So they likely have bigger playbook for their QB and more chemistry going for them. I suspect Herbert still has a lot to learn even though he has been very impressive. I've also see they are getting much better FG kicking. Steelers have 5 one score wins. I think the Steelers kicker being 100% on FG is helping to keep them undefeated. We saw Chiefs kicker make 58yd game winner to beat Chargers in OT. Badger would miss that the way he has kick this year.
                ​​​​​
                So I do think Lynn would be having success as a Steelers HC. He is their style of HC too. Wants to be physical and run the ball. Like Tomlin he doesn't call plays.

I don't think Reid would be happy working for Chargers. He would want players like Tyreek Hill. He would want to trade for a new QB and probably move on from Rivers right away as Rivers is not his style of QB. And he would say are we trying to win football games or get into heaven. What are we doing?!

So, I think yes Lynn is more successful with those franchised and Tomlin and Reid may struggle working under the Spanos way.

Lynn is doing his best in spite of the front office repeated failures.
                The Chiefs dumped Kareem Hunt like a bad habit after his video came out. When Hill is guilty of something, id expect the same but his latest rumor he was found innocent.

Lynn isnt doing his best or he would throw some blame at Stewart who has sucked as a STs coach since he has been here and get rid of him. He fired Whiz who wasnt even doing that bad a job yet he hasnt fired Gus who has. Those two need to go and Lynn is next on that list but failures to do what he needs to do, should put him first on that list with the others to follow.

So No i dont think Lynn would be having the same success that Tomlin has @ Pittsburgh. Lets give Tomlin Stewart as his STs coach and see how well his STs are. That is Lynns hire and his buddy he wont hold accountable.

The Steelers were 8-8 last year with Rudolph and Hodges are their QBs. They arent as talented as Herbert and did not perform anywhere near his level.

Excuses, Excuses is all you got.

I do agree Reid wouldnt be happy working for the Chargers because Dean and John Boy have too much say in what happens and they arent fit to do that.

I am going to assume here that the reason some coaches like Reid did not get hired by them is because they were asked if they were willing to keep some of our certain coaches on their staff and they said NO. Probably wanted their own and to me, thats a mistake by Dean.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

The Steelers were 8-8 with 2 qbs who have no business being on an NFL roster and beat us senseless at Carson. And yet Critty is saying LYnn could be successful at Pittsburgh and Tomlin not here? I’ve heard it all. If you don’t see the difference in these 2 men I can’t help

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

What a clown Lynn is

One of the replies to this tweet:

Special Teams ranking under Lynn
                    2017 31st
                    2018 25th
                    2019 32nd
                    Currently 32nd

Comment

• kgbpasha
                      #болтап
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Every day I check to see if Lynn has been fired.
                      Not sure what it will take.
                      Apparently it's going to take a lot.
                      I'll look again tomorrow.

Comment

• OhioBolt
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                        The Steelers were 8-8 with 2 qbs who have no business being on an NFL roster and beat us senseless at Carson. And yet Critty is saying LYnn could be successful at Pittsburgh and Tomlin not here? I’ve heard it all. If you don’t see the difference in these 2 men I can’t help
                        Preach Brother!!!!

If you flip these coaches I bet you we would be at worst 6-2 with Tomlin. Flip Lynn to Steelers they would be 4-4 or 5-3 at best, Pittsburgh talent and weak schedule will over-come Lynn's coaching ability.

Comment

• Critty
                          Dominate the Day.
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

The Chiefs dumped Kareem Hunt like a bad habit after his video came out. When Hill is guilty of something, id expect the same but his latest rumor he was found innocent.

Lynn isnt doing his best or he would throw some blame at Stewart who has sucked as a STs coach since he has been here and get rid of him. He fired Whiz who wasnt even doing that bad a job yet he hasnt fired Gus who has. Those two need to go and Lynn is next on that list but failures to do what he needs to do, should put him first on that list with the others to follow.

So No i dont think Lynn would be having the same success that Tomlin has @ Pittsburgh. Lets give Tomlin Stewart as his STs coach and see how well his STs are. That is Lynns hire and his buddy he wont hold accountable.

The Steelers were 8-8 last year with Rudolph and Hodges are their QBs. They arent as talented as Herbert and did not perform anywhere near his level.

Excuses, Excuses is all you got.

I do agree Reid wouldnt be happy working for the Chargers because Dean and John Boy have too much say in what happens and they arent fit to do that.

I am going to assume here that the reason some coaches like Reid did not get hired by them is because they were asked if they were willing to keep some of our certain coaches on their staff and they said NO. Probably wanted their own and to me, thats a mistake by Dean.

Steelers have a brand of football that relies on defense.
                          Steelers still had the #5 defense last year with most takeaways in the league. And their kicker made 93.5%
                          Steelers also had the better and more healthy o-line. With 3 healthy pro bowl players. They really only had QB health issue and that one position talent level drop in a QB Driven League is why they lost half their games and missed post season. Now that one position back healthy and they are rolling.

Chargers o-line in 2019
                          LT-Scott
                          LG-Feeney
                          OC-QBerry
                          RG-Schoefield
                          RT-Tevi

Steelers o-line in 2019
                          LT-Villanueva
                          RG-Foster
                          OC-Pouncey
                          RG-Decastro
                          RT-Feiler

3 pro bowl o line players. And guess what 4 of 5 have played this year too. With only Foster replaced.

​​​​​​There is no comparison in terms of talent and health and consistency of o-line. 2019, 2020 Steelers are the more talent and healthier group.
                          ​​​​​
                          And defense
                          Chargers had #14 defense and the least takeaways

Again, IMO, no comparison in terms of defensive talent. I think the Steelers are better. But again I think this is a front office thing, not a coaching issue.

Now if Chargers want to turn into a very aggressive blitz heavy defense then they certainly need to fire Gus. But if they want to be a rush 4 cover defense that doesn't blitz....then they need to keep stocking up on front 4 talent. Either way they need to supply plenty of pass rush talent for their system.

i think you have some of your own excuses/blame game.
                          Point fingers at O-line. Stewart. Lynn. Etc as to why things aren't going well. And that is not a bad opinion at all. But it is still finger pointing excuse making. Your excuse is Gus/Stewart/Lynn and mine talent and health of talent and individual FG kicker performance.

Don't we first want both Lynn to have a better and more healthy o-line.
                          Rivers didn't get one until he went to Colts.
                          Maybe the same is true for Lynn, he needs to be fired and then hired by a new team where front office does build an o-line and defense and get clutch FG kicker. ...Because that was a problem before Lynn was ever hired. So the common denominator is not Lynn when those issued have been around the Spanos for a decade.

​​​Also, I have a feeling that if a guy like Balmer owned the Chargers, then Bosa holding out because of offset language never ever happens. And he easily could building his own stadium. As long as Spanos owns, I think the results may be elusive. But I still think Lynn/Herbert combo can work very well together if they stay together.

​​
                          Who has it better than us?

Comment

Working...
                          X