• Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
    This rule can kinda backfire on it’s purpose if within the division
    Eric Bienemy as the example
    if it were between he and a white candidate for the Chargers HC job, that rule would influence us to hire the White candidate.
    Why help out division foes?
    First, I hate the rule. I don't care if they are black or white. If they deserve the job, hire them.
    Now Biemiemy,. For us, I'm not sold he helps us as a HC or deserves the job.
    Just another cheap hire. It only helps KC with 2 picks while Andy continues to call the plays so it don't hurt them.

Interview Raheem Morris if Atlanta stupidly doesn't keep him. Interview Caldwell. Those guys would deserve it along with others we have mentioned and let them bring in their own assistants. If it means losing Stiechen and Pep then fine. Blow it up.

Comment

• Eurobolt
      *** Jim Harbaugh ***
      • Sep 2018
      • Send PM

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

First, I hate the rule. I don't care if they are black or white. If they deserve the job, hire them.
        Now Biemiemy,. For us, I'm not sold he helps us as a HC or deserves the job.
        Just another cheap hire. It only helps KC with 2 picks while Andy continues to call the plays so it don't hurt them.

Interview Raheem Morris if Atlanta stupidly doesn't keep him. Interview Caldwell. Those guys would deserve it along with others we have mentioned and let them bring in their own assistants. If it means losing Stiechen and Pep then fine. Blow it up.
        Morris is a great idea.
        not as interested in Jim “stinky upper lip” Caldwell, but yes, keep things open.
        I've soured on Bienemy too.
        and yes, allow them to hire their own guys.

As much as I want to protect our pick by keeping Lynn, I want to explore Pep as interim HC to see if he has any answers. If he managed to magically solve special teams alone, he would be worth legitimately considering.
        if we pass, maybe he gets enough exposure someone else bites and we collect 2 3rds
        P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
        P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
        P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
        P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

I just don't want a first time HC from the offensive side of the ball - it hasn't worked.

Get somebody who was a head coach before - my list today is
          Jim Caldwell at the top.
          Jim Schwartz
          Josh McD
          Todd Bowles

If the Chargers do go first time - I do like the idea of Dave Toub

But they need to fire Telesco too

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

For the Chiefs right?
            thats how I’m reading that
            Yes, you read it correctly.

But someone could hire Anthony Lynn as head coach.....

(It was a bad joke, that didn't go over.) Bad post, on me.

Comment

• chargeroo
              Fan since 1961
              • Jan 2019
              • Oregon
              • Retired Manager/Pastor
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

It's worth two third Rounders if the Chargers sign Eric Bieniemy as HC.
              Come on man - he'd be another first time HC. What makes you think he'd be an improvement?
              THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Come on man - he'd be another first time HC. What makes you think he'd be an improvement?
                Now, I do think the Andy Reid coaching tree - is pretty strong

But yes, I just don't like the idea of a first timer. Plus, he probably won't stay in the division if he can go to say, the Texans.

I still want a guy who was a head coach and will have learned what happened well, what didn't. What they learned in between jobs. Josh, Bowles, Schwartz, Dennis Allen was a name that intrigued me,.

Comment

• Critty
                  Dominate the Day.
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

How does that idea help. If you are Chargers and you actually wanted to hire Bienemy, you are then helping the rival get two 3rd rd picks.
                  Seems like this is a bit of a dis-incentive to hire minority candidates. Or you just go with a college guy. Or you grab your guy after he only been with that team 1 year.
                  Teams will work around and avoid this or attempt to take advantage of this. Terrible idea.

They should not meddle, just let it play out. Rooney rule requires you conduct an interview. That should be enough.
                  If dumb owners dont hire a deserving candidate because they are prejudice, i seriously doubt this rule will change their mind about how to hire.

Also what if a team then decides, lets try to have great OC and DC who are also minorities.
                  That way, other teams will be less inclined to poach our coordinators after a great season, and if they do, they pay the price.:shock:

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• OhioBolt
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

All I know that performance yesterday should of been the nail in the coffin for Lynn. I feel like the old former 49er Coach Mike Singletary going off " I Can't win with him, Can't Play with him, Can't Coach with him, Can't do it I want Winners, I want people who wanna win"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q105fSO5-c8

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                      How does that idea help. If you are Chargers and you actually wanted to hire Bienemy, you are then helping the rival get two 3rd rd picks.
                      Seems like this is a bit of a dis-incentive to hire minority candidates.
                      Or you just go with a college guy. Or you grab your guy after he only been with that team 1 year.
                      Teams will work around and avoid this or attempt to take advantage of this. Terrible idea.

They should not meddle, just let it play out. Rooney rule requires you conduct an interview. That should be enough.
                      If dumb owners dont hire a deserving candidate because they are prejudice, i seriously doubt this rule will change their mind about how to hire.

Also what if a team then decides, lets try to have great OC and DC who are also minorities.
                      That way, other teams will be less inclined to poach our coordinators after a great season, and if they do, they pay the price.:shock:
                      I agree. It should be the hiring team gets two 3rd round com picks. Why does the NFL think it will help minorites get hired by giving the team he is with 2 picks? Hiring Bieniemy when im torn between him and another doesnt help if im letting KC get 2 picks , but it might sway me if im getting the picks.

Another blunder by the NFL.

Also agree to leave it as it is. This is a stupid rule. If they deserve the job they will get one. There are plenty of black coaches. Who cares if there arent many black HCs or GM? You dont hear the NBA crying about not having enough black coaches in a league that is 80% black...at least i dont think they are crying, i dont watch the NBA lol.

Comment

• Critty
                        Dominate the Day.
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

:stirpot:
                        Only 3 teams this season have not lost any game by more than one score.

Steelers 9-0
                        Cheifs 8-1
                        Chargers 2-7
                        ​​​​​​
                        Tomlin, Reid and Lynn.
                        :Beer1:

*Note the Starting O and D, and FG kicker numbers*

Steelers
                        13/22 started all 9 games.
                        FG kicker has made 100%

Cheifs
                        11/22 started all 9 games.
                        FG kicker has made 88.2%

Chargers
                        :help:
                        7/22 started all 9 games.
                        FG kicker has made 73.7%

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post
                          All I know that performance yesterday should of been the nail in the coffin for Lynn. I feel like the old former 49er Coach Mike Singletary going off " I Can't win with him, Can't Play with him, Can't Coach with him, Can't do it I want Winners, I want people who wanna win"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q105fSO5-c8

Just wait until next week

complete meltdown if we lose to the Jets
                          P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                          P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                          P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                          P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

Working...
                          X