• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

but then he comes out and raises the flag for Brian Kelly.... how does a hip hip hoorah college HC necessarily have a leg up on an NFL coordinator w/real in game NFL experience ?? way too many former HCs with "experience" that are on their last HC legs and/or are ready to be put out to pasture, and would/should be grateful just to be on staff somewhere.... no thank you.

will take my chance on the "coordinator" who has yet to show that he can't win the big one/SB.

your HCs w/past experience all have one thing in common.... they have already documented that they didn't have what it took.
    mom not talking about a retread who hasn’t won, I’m talking about somebody who has been successful as a HC.

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

mom not talking about a retread who hasn’t won, I’m talking about somebody who has been successful as a HC.
      Belichick, Harbaugh, Brian Kelly, David Shaw.... those are the ones off the top of my head that have been mentioned here.

and thought it was very unusual for a HC to win a SB twice ??

understand the logic behind the prerequisite, but don't think that would preclude a Joe Brady from my thought process ??
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Originally posted by Critty View Post

I would suspect if the QB were switched teams.
        They way Lynn and Pep have handled things and Lynn making it known how he strongly feels the need to protect a rookie QB. That Burrow would be rookie of year for Chargers and Herbert may be on IR with Bengals.

Of course there is an arrogant and ignorant poster who delusionally thinks it's all the rookie Herbert. Even though it's the ultimate team game.

But if you asked a Sean Payton, Andy Reid, or a Belicheat what they think. I'm confident they would say both the Chargers staff and Herbert deserve credit for it.

​​​​​​Fanatics overreacting. Its what they do.
        If the two QBs had switched teams, then by Lynn's handling of the matter, Burrow would not have played at all this season had Tyrod Taylor remained healthy. That was Lynn's goal. He does not get credit for a medical accident.

Further, Burrow lacks the physical skill to make the throws that Herbert has made all year long to succeed in spite of Lynn screwing him over with idiotic early down run heavy tactical approaches, especially in critical game situations.

Lynn has been a negative factor in the development and use of Herbert. That is one of the many reasons why Lynn needs to be fired as soon as possible. Lynn's running emphasis with a terrible ground game and a great passing attack represents a complete misuse of talent.

There is a zero percent chance that Burrow would have been the Offensive Rookie of the Year had he played for us.

Herbert's odds of winning the Offensive Rookie of the Year actually would have increased had he played for the Bengals. As the #1 overall pick in that scenario, Herbert's vastly superior physical talent would have received more early attention. He would have avoided more sacks than Burrow and made many more game changing deep throws than the lesser armed Burrow. And Herbert would have been starting from day one because Zac Taylor is smarter than Lynn.

The Offensive Rookie of the Year was always going to be Herbert's if both played. Burrow was named Offensive Rookie of the Week exactly zero times this season versus 7 times for Herbert so far.

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Belichick, Harbaugh, Brian Kelly, David Shaw.... those are the ones off the top of my head that have been mentioned here.

and thought it was very unusual for a HC to win a SB twice ??

understand the logic behind the prerequisite, but don't think that would preclude a Joe Brady from my thought process ??
          Maybe you could pick a coordinator making the jump better the Spanos but you’re not going to be in the room. The Spanos have NEVER identified a coordinator who could make the jump. And they have tried.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

but then he comes out and raises the flag for Brian Kelly.... how does a hip hip hoorah college HC necessarily have a leg up on an NFL coordinator w/real in game NFL experience ?? way too many former HCs with "experience" that are on their last HC legs and/or are ready to be put out to pasture, and would/should be grateful just to be on staff somewhere.... no thank you.

will take my chance on the "coordinator" who has yet to show that he can't win the big one/SB.

your HCs w/past experience all have one thing in common.... they have already documented that they didn't have what it took.
            Dont neccessarily agree.

If we talking Norv, then yes, if we talking Eric Mangini, Romeo Crennel then yes. But a one time fail like McDaniels, id say no til he fails again. And lets not forget he had Kyle Orton and Tebow as his QBs.

Caldwell took two teams to the playoffs so that isnt a fail.

Garrett did his best with Jerry Jones as his GM probably even telling him to play as he did with Parcells when he told Parcells to play Drew Henson at QB...LOL. Garrett still took them Cowboys to the playoffs and had a 85-67 record.

In the end it just MY preference which means nothing here. Dean isnt asking my or anyone elses opinion on how to spend his money on a HC. If he hires a Joe Brady and we still suck, it just drives me further from Dean til he sells the team and lessons even more my hopes for a ring as long as he is the owner because he just cant do the right thing.

If t works out, ill gladly eat crow.

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Here’s a link to the Cowherd piece

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                Outback Goon
                • Sep 2018
                • Australia
                • Send PM

This forum taking Colin Cowherd opinion as fact....smh

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
                  This forum taking Colin Cowherd opinion as fact....smh
                  I'm not sure anyone is taking what he says as fact. They are just agreeing with his take that Lynn isn't the answer at coach.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

I never take Cowherds opinion as fact. Just interesting takes...sometimes. He said a few weeks ago we should look to hire Belichick but he must not know Dean Spanos.

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                      Here’s a link to the Cowherd piece

https://twitter.com/theherd/status/1...563798529?s=21
                      so who's your vote going for.... Bill, Brian or Urban ??
                      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Dont neccessarily agree.

If we talking Norv, then yes, if we talking Eric Mangini, Romeo Crennel then yes. But a one time fail like McDaniels, id say no til he fails again. And lets not forget he had Kyle Orton and Tebow as his QBs.

Caldwell took two teams to the playoffs so that isnt a fail.

Garrett did his best with Jerry Jones as his GM probably even telling him to play as he did with Parcells when he told Parcells to play Drew Henson at QB...LOL. Garrett still took them Cowboys to the playoffs and had a 85-67 record.

In the end it just MY preference which means nothing here. Dean isnt asking my or anyone elses opinion on how to spend his money on a HC. If he hires a Joe Brady and we still suck, it just drives me further from Dean til he sells the team and lessons even more my hopes for a ring as long as he is the owner because he just cant do the right thing.

If t works out, ill gladly eat crow.
                        fair enough.... I'll stick w/Joe Brady and give you the 3 to 1 odds.... you get Josh McD, Caldwell and Garrett.... (good luck, and.... coz eye don't necessarily agree w/you

Comment

• Originally posted by Critty View Post
                          Wow. Just an amazing amount of ignorance in regard to the roster and coaching by some posters here.
                          You don't even know that being committed to running the damn ball and checking down to Ekeler vs Patriots makes tons of sense. The strength of New England defense is their secondary. I bet you would have a rookie behind a suspect o-line throwing into the teeth of that defense and abandon the run. And when Lynn and Steichen game plan does not match up with your ideas, immediately claim it's poor coaching.
                          And
                          ​​​​​You also will only grade the result. Which is grabage take every damn time. Grade each players execution on each play. If Pipkins gets beat the moment Hebert snaps the damn ball. That not poor coaching. That is a sophomore from sammy small school making mistakes during on the job training.
                          We have Herbert, Allen, Henry, Williams and Ekeler in the passing attack and we suck at running the ball, currently ranked 29th in YPC, but you would have us go ground and pound against the #15 defense in YPC against instead of using our air attack against the #32 ranked New England defense in yards per pass against, simultaneously negating our strength and their weakness. :facepalm1:

You do get that running the ball shortens the game?! We are the team with the potential for explosiveness on offense, a potential that New England cannot match. New England wants a battle of running games so that they can secure a close win at the end. They are ranked 30th in percentage of passing plays. They are forced to play scared, crappy Anthony Lynn run heavy offensive football because their QB sucks. By contrast, our QB and receivers are awesome. The Anthony Lynn ground and pound special plays right into their hands.

We lost the games against KC, TB, NO and DEN because we went turtle conservative at key momentum changing moments in those games. We lost the game against MIA because we went turtle conservative for the whole game taking the ball out of Herbert's hands. You can call that an opinion, but the fact is that we had specific drives stalled by that approach immediately followed by the other team either gaining or consolidating momentum in their favor. It has happened in game after game and Lynn is utterly oblivious to it.

With our passing attack and our inability to run the ball (despite the presence of the "leader of men into many losses"), we should have the highest percentage of passing plays in the entire NFL and we are not even close to that (currently ranked 20th).

If we were to go unrelentingly pass heavy on early downs, I could see us winning this game by three scores, but I already know that Lynn will not do that and that he will do other things of a piss poor coaching nature to make this a close game despite our team having much better talent than the Patriots.

And 4-16 in one score games since the beginning of the 2019 season tells us that when the game is close, there is an 80% chance that Lynn will do enough to give the game away.

Comment

Working...
                          X