• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Berserker76
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I think Lynn’s unfortunate luck occurred when Herbert started showing what he was capable of. It just made his weaknesses magnified even more. If Tyrod had been the starting QB and we had a losing season, Lynn chances of being fired would have been much lower. Now ownership has to wrestle with if Lynn is not only the right coach for this team but most importantly for Herbert. Popper actually had a good write up about the situation.

Good analysis by Popper, avoiding all of the melodrama. Lynn's coaching style does not evolve, he sticks with his inherent beliefs at all costs. This, in a nutshell, is why Lynn must go.

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Herbert being asked is one thing.
      But.....
      Derwin went out of his way to support on a tweet.
      He could have stayed quiet about it.
      Why would he do that?
      I don’t think you’re interested in practical explanations.
      we know each others biases so I think we can agree that you don’t need much to absolve Lynn while I don’t need much more to denounce him.

my last point on this subject is that to me this is a deeper conversation than what is allowed for here on the TPB, namely one that involves race and politics.
      so if anyone in genuinely interested in a candid discussion regarding the Lynn phenomenon, I’m open to PMs

Genuine inquiries only, no trolling
      P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
      P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
      P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
      P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

No, it’s not good enough. Lynn obviously wanted to stick it to Herbert by not having him get the rookie passing yards.
        Good enough for what exactly?
        to ignore Lynn’s decisions and just be content with Herbert’s other records he broke?
        im seriously asking because I don’t understand the question and I suspect it’s not a fair one to begin with

Do we owe Lynn some kind of benefit of the doubt?
        Am I supposed to be more compassionate because it’s getting close to black Monday?
        Am I supposed to over-look things because there’s just so much criticism already out there and he MIGHT lose his job?
        obviously I’m being facetious, but I think it’s fair to evaluate Lynn so long as he holds his job.

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Those are pretty words, I expect no different from a smart and classy guy like JH.
          I don’t buy it for a minute.

Imo Herbert, Bosa, even James is secretly hoping for Lynn’s dismissal
          almost as much as Reid isn’t

like that crazy uncle you don’t want to uninvite to your wedding but hope he doesn’t show

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Well that’s a bar we can start with, JH doesn’t think Lynn is the antichrist....

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post

Good analysis by Popper, avoiding all of the melodrama. Lynn's coaching style does not evolve, he sticks with his inherent beliefs at all costs. This, in a nutshell, is why Lynn must go.
              It is and it’s also a clever way to psychologically protect yourself as one of Lynn’s biggest public detractors
              this way popper can feel better about himself in the morning and let the bad guys like me do all the talking

with absolute pleasure

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Good enough for what exactly?
                to ignore Lynn’s decisions and just be content with Herbert’s other records he broke?
                im seriously asking because I don’t understand the question and I suspect it’s not a fair one to begin with

Do we owe Lynn some kind of benefit of the doubt?
                Am I supposed to be more compassionate because it’s getting close to black Monday?
                Am I supposed to over-look things because there’s just so much criticism already out there and he MIGHT lose his job?
                obviously I’m being facetious, but I think it’s fair to evaluate Lynn so long as he holds his job.
                I think the green text indicates he was being facetious.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Those are pretty words, I expect no different from a smart and classy guy like JH.
                    I don’t buy it for a minute.

Imo Herbert, Bosa, even James is secretly hoping for Lynn’s dismissal
                    almost as much as Reid isn’t

like that crazy uncle you don’t want to uninvite to your wedding but hope he doesn’t show
                    The rest of us need your extra sensory perception to read 3 of our player’s minds.
                    What Herbert said about AL, in a frank, honest, and sincere way, wasn’t his true thoughts? I yield to your magically thinking.
                    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• Critty
                      Dominate the Day.
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post

The problem I have with popper is when he states passed it once in 4th quarter in that Raiders game to make his point that Lynn runs too much or is too conservative.
                      To me his point there is a bit of a lie because he doesn't mention the time on the clock when they got the ball or count the sack as a pass attempt. Since it doesn't count as an attempt in the stats, and what about any RPO call where pass was option. Or any calls where Justin could audible to a run or pass based on what he sees.

When you add in context.
                      Raiders and Mariota went on a 9min drive and tied the game with 6min left. Chargers ran it on 1st down for 27yd. Herbert then took off on the next play for a run of his own 12 yards. I don't know if it was a plan run or if he took off when he didn't like what he saw on pass or if it was a rpo. But, you just move 39 yards on two plays. So they run it again for 6 yards. They run it again for 2 yards. But it stalls when they throw incomplete on 3rd down and then miss FG. Mariota throws a interception with 2min left and Harris return it to 33 of Raiders. They run it for 5 and 3 yards and then get sacked when they pass it. Kick FG miss again. So, it wasn't like they didn't get good production on the 4 straight runs. 47yds. I can see if they went -1, 3 and then incomplete, punt or miss FG. But when it's productive, I don't understand the criticism and also when you really only had the one possession at 6min mark on your side of field. The other possession was under 2min tie game at their 33, so kill clock with run and try make opponent use timeouts. Then kick game winner. Should have actually ran it again instead of pass where Herbert was sacked if you ask me.

And that was it, two possessions very late in a tie game. And the run was working. And they attempt at least two pass, since popper doesn't count the sack pass attempt, and possible another attempt if that Hebert run was a pass chance. And I don't know if any of those run were RPO meaning the option to pass was there. Popper didn't detail any of that in his analysis.
                      Also he does not include the possibility that Herbert was given both a run and a pass or rpo call so he can get into a play he like vs their front and coverage. For all we know Lynn, Steichen and Pep told Herbert, if you don't like what your seeing, you can get back to the run or hit a check down. We are not in the room when they game plan we are not on sideline nor in huddle. Quite a bit of Popper whole analysis is results grading. And that is often all you have to go on...what did the Chargers do and did it work. What could they have done.

Now any decision to punt on a 4th and short in opponent territory. I get that criticism. But I don't think it's a situation where you always go for it on 4th and short. The 49yd line is different than the 39 or 29. What is the score and how much time left in game. And how has opponent moved the ball. Things to consider.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

LoL, it's not all that different now from 2006. In 2006 it was much different than it was in the 70's thru 90 though. There are more rules today. More lame PI and roughing the passer rules. The latter just started what, two years ago? Maybe last year?

Other than that, no intersst In what you have to write.
                        I think it's funny you think you know wtf you are talking about ALL the time.

​​

You do not think the LT record breaking 2006 Chargers and our current team were set up differently in terms of run/pass issues? If so, we will have to agree to disagree.

Obviously, the rules have been greatly liberalized in terms of favoring the pass even from 2006 to now. Of course, I remember the game before the Mel Blount rule and all the way to the present.

While the 1978 rule changes generated the greatest change in the passing game, the new player safety rules of the past few years have also favored the passing game. Players cannot hit defenseless receivers which means more completions and less receivers being laid out with the ball forcibly jarred loose. Players cannot hit QBs they way they used to be able to even just a few years ago. PI penalties seem to multiplying like rabbits, except for OPI penalties. So I do think that the game is different in a way that significantly favors the passing offense even when compared to 2006.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

They may still fire him. Both Norv and AJ were let go on a Monday. McCoy on the other hand was fired that very Sunday. They probably respect Lynn more than McCoy.
                          https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...urner-aj-smith
                          Norv was fired at 7-9. If Lynn gets to stay after being 7-9, it would be a joke and ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                          X