LAC @ New Orleans Saints Game Day and Post Game Thread (Week 5)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Originally posted by bartman83642 View Post

Actually I think that is really the Lions fans. Granted we are not far behind them.
    Did the Lions walk out on their City and their fans? Leave a hearty Fuck You in their place?
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• RyanLeaf4President
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
      the only positive is these last three losses do count in the W-L column but don't affect tiebreakers like Lynns first year

but up on KC, Tampa and New Orleans like they were - have to win a game or two
      You talk about tie-breaker as if the team will actually have a chance at playoffs this year

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

He’s played better than any of us could realistically have expected. Breaking rookie records. Can escape the rush and deliver on the run. Can stand in the pocket and throw darts. Long ball? Check. He’s doing it all behind a makeshift line and last night missing our 2 best weapons on offense.
        We were screwed by our kicker yet again.

A 52 yard Figgie with the same kick would have hooked just inside the upright.

We should be having an entirely different narrative.

All I am saying is...
        Charger fans are trippin' .

Lick our wounds, regroup,
        and get down with Herb.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Ceramic
          Chargers are pathetic
          • Sep 2020
          • OC
          • Send PM

That MNF was so entertaining. Chargers are the most fun team to watch. How many times can they fuck it up? Herbert is awesome and deserves to be on a better team.

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

We are the most pathetic, LONG suffering fans in the NFL universe. Last night they showed old pics of Saints fans with the bags on their heads. But they were eventually rewarded for their loyalty.......the football gods have yet to throw us that bone. Just disgusting right now.......
            Bengals, Browns, Lions, would disagree.
            My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2020
              • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I couldn't disagree with any statement more than this one. Good coaching staffs all seem to eventually assemble solid Olines and add depth:
              3rd rate free agent acquisitions and later round picks that receive a collective yawn from the fan base when acquired.

With Andy Reid, Marty Schottenheimer....you get those things. This coaching staff not even close (i'm not blaming Campen).
              It does not matter which round you get solid OL in for the most part, but it does matter from a GM’s perspective in that you find the right OL players to fit your scheme. When it comes to OL, I think so much of it is finding that right match with the right scheme. But to always struggle year in and year out to get any long term solution on the OL is on the GM..

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by RyanLeaf4President View Post

You talk about tie-breaker as if the team will actually have a chance at playoffs this year

true

trying to stay positive

but i do look at the schedule
                5 AFC West games
                Jacksonville, Atlanta, Miami
                granted, will they learn to finish

Comment

• FoutsFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Birmingham AL
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Did the Lions walk out on their City and their fans? Leave a hearty Fuck You in their place?

Did the city of Detroit chase the Lions out of their City and away from their fans? Leave a hearty Fuck You don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out in their place?

Fixed it for you to reflect accuracy.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Birmingham AL
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Bengals, Browns, Lions, would disagree.
                    Browns even more so. When Modell moved the team to Baltimore they won the SB shortly after that. Talk about salt and lemon juice in the wound.

Comment

• glutton4Bolts
                      glutton for punishment
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Lake Arrowhead, CA
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Ceramic View Post
                      That MNF was so entertaining. Chargers are the most fun team to watch. How many times can they fuck it up? Herbert is awesome and deserves to be on a better team.
                      This is the most important thing about our season. When you choose a QB that high in the draft you need to find a winner or it sets you back a half-decade. The kid has been unreal considering:

1) The OL is atrocious yet again
                      2) The OC calls predictable plays on early downs which puts him in a lot of 3rd down and medium/long situations... of course, #1 makes this all the worse.
                      3) The WRs are not making crucial catches when the ball isn't perfectly thrown.
                      4) The D never seems to hold up their end of the bargain in the 2nd half with the game on the line.
                      5) He doesn't have his best running back.

In the end... if the team isn't going to go deep into the playoffs (which we know they won't now)... then it is better that the team keeps losing in this manner because we will get a far better draft slot for next season and it should result in the entire coaching staff being fired. I am not sure why we can't get a coaching staff in here that can change the serial we see on the field.?.? The Chargers have been losing late in the most painful ways for decades. It certainly seems like we are snakebit... but all that being said.... Aside from the terrible INT he threw against the Chiefs, I am seeing the possibility of greatness in Herbert. He will go through more growing pains and there is no certainty that he will rise to elite but you have to be optimistic based on his rookie performances. Draft high and get a blue-chip OT, make a splash and bring in a quality HC (and his coordinators) and just hope that the other Charger serial doesn't repeat next season.... I.e. that half our best players don't get injured.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

We were screwed by our kicker yet again.

A 52 yard Figgie with the same kick would have hooked just inside the upright.

We should be having an entirely different narrative.

All I am saying is...
                        Charger fans are trippin' .

Lick our wounds, regroup,
                        and get down with Herb.
                        How many years are you willing to keep saying that?
                        It wasnt a 52 yard FG, it was a 50 and he missed it.

If XPs were still chip shots, we probably win. But they aren't.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by glutton4Bolts View Post

This is the most important thing about our season. When you choose a QB that high in the draft you need to find a winner or it sets you back a half-decade. The kid has been unreal considering:

1) The OL is atrocious yet again
                          2) The OC calls predictable plays on early downs which puts him in a lot of 3rd down and medium/long situations... of course, #1 makes this all the worse.
                          3) The WRs are not making crucial catches when the ball isn't perfectly thrown.
                          4) The D never seems to hold up their end of the bargain in the 2nd half with the game on the line.
                          5) He doesn't have his best running back.

In the end... if the team isn't going to go deep into the playoffs (which we know they won't now)... then it is better that the team keeps losing in this manner because we will get a far better draft slot for next season and it should result in the entire coaching staff being fired. I am not sure why we can't get a coaching staff in here that can change the serial we see on the field.?.? The Chargers have been losing late in the most painful ways for decades. It certainly seems like we are snakebit... but all that being said.... Aside from the terrible INT he threw against the Chiefs, I am seeing the possibility of greatness in Herbert. He will go through more growing pains and there is no certainty that he will rise to elite but you have to be optimistic based on his rookie performances. Draft high and get a blue-chip OT, make a splash and bring in a quality HC (and his coordinators) and just hope that the other Charger serial doesn't repeat next season.... I.e. that half our best players don't get injured.

I don't like the idea of tanking and losing. Win games -- learn how to finish games off.

Comment

Working...
                          X