POLL: Who Should Be The Chargers' Next Head Coach?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

retaining/overextending the Visor got to be very annoying,
    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
      retaining/overextending the Visor got to be very annoying,
      Maybe hire somebody who has been a head coach

Matt Rhule doing a nice job in Carolina

I think thats why I am on the Shaw bandwagon when I remembered his name the other day.

Comment

• chargeroo
        Fan since 1961
        • Jan 2019
        • Oregon
        • Retired Manager/Pastor
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Yes i posted an article on them here a few weks ago and Bieniemy is involved in the game plans and is involved in play designs to an extent that is unknown but he does not call the plays. Not sure if Andy just enjoys doing that and trusts himself more or feels EB isnt ready or whatever.
        No idea but that to me doesnt make EB a good HC candidate.
        I say again, considering all the talent on that offense any coach could look good as the OC - that team is loaded on offense.
        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I say again, considering all the talent on that offense any coach could look good as the OC - that team is loaded on offense.
          But again, how many people has Reid mentored around the league:

Nagy
          Doug Pederson
          McDermott was on his staff
          John Harbaugh was on his staff
          Chris Ballard - GM for Indy - was on his staff

There is more to being a head coach than calling plays. Reid has been a VERY good mentor to his assistants. Its obvious its important to him. That is the only reason Bieniemy makes my list. Thats the only reason.

Personally, I want a one time failed head coach who might be in a better position to be a head coach with round number 2. Especially if the names are Joe Brady and Kellen Moore - jeez. Just keep Lynn Or maybe a guy like Shaw or Urban Meyer .

Comment

• Eurobolt
            *** Jim Harbaugh ***
            • Sep 2018
            • Send PM

We need proven HC not another experiment.

This organisation had too much luck with Herbert to trybit again with HC.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post
              We need proven HC not another experiment.

This organisation had too much luck with Herbert to trybit again with HC.
              I agree about wanting a person with HC experience. Even if once failed

At one point, I wanted Billick to be HC - but I am sure that ship has sailed with his time away from the league.

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Maybe hire somebody who has been a head coach

Matt Rhule doing a nice job in Carolina

I think thats why I am on the Shaw bandwagon when I remembered his name the other day.
                Lynn is prolly making the bare minimum NFL HC wage.... prolly right @$4m/year.... Shaw's gonna cost the going rate for someone any good.... $8/m year and climbing.

think the usual Chargers' offer would be for three years, and w/an (unspoken) "option" of a fourth lame duck year....
                5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• bartman83642
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

But again, how many people has Reid mentored around the league:

Nagy
                  Doug Pederson
                  McDermott was on his staff
                  John Harbaugh was on his staff
                  Chris Ballard - GM for Indy - was on his staff

There is more to being a head coach than calling plays. Reid has been a VERY good mentor to his assistants. Its obvious its important to him. That is the only reason Bieniemy makes my list. Thats the only reason.

Personally, I want a one time failed head coach who might be in a better position to be a head coach with round number 2. Especially if the names are Joe Brady and Kellen Moore - jeez. Just keep Lynn Or maybe a guy like Shaw or Urban Meyer .
                  Funny, I had been thinking I would like to see what Chris Petersen could do with Herbert and the rest of the offense. Don't think he would take the job though.

Comment

• Critty
                    Dominate the Day.
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Lol. That list. Its like close your eyes and pick one and hope it works out. If you really going to move on from Lynn. There should be a very short list of candidates. Not a buffet menu.

I'm looking at top 2 AFC teams KC and Steelers to poach a coach from. Not only would they be familiar with how those teams are prepared and how roster put together. They will have some insight on those players and coaches and what they like to do.

But I still don't think that moves the needle as much as talent getting healthy and on the field.
                    ​​​​​ James, Bosa, Harris
                    Ekeler, Turner, Bulaga
                    That the list of people I want to see added to the team for gameday. And I want to see them start 14 plus games. And be healthy for the post season.
                    Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Health plays a part for sure but we never have everyone healthy except for game 1 and even then it's not 100%. We lost Derwin before game 1 and got lucky to win game 1. But had everyone else and squeezed out a win because of a leg cramp.

Bosa missed 1.25 games
                      Bulaga played against Miami as did Turner.
                      We lost 2 games with Harris playing along with Bosa.

Derwin is a big one but we lost most of the games with him last season when he came back.

Maybe go back to Tyrod. He is undefeated and isn't a rookie....to use your word as a reason for part of our failures.

Comment

• ghost
                        The Rise of Kellen Moore
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

Lynn is prolly making the bare minimum NFL HC wage.... prolly right @$4m/year.... Shaw's gonna cost the going rate for someone any good.... $8/m year and climbing.

think the usual Chargers' offer would be for three years, and w/an (unspoken) "option" of a fourth lame duck year....
                        Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer reported that there are eight head coaches in the $10 million/season range. Those eight coaches:
                        • Bill Belichick, Patriots
                        • Pete Carroll, Seahawks
                        • Jon Gruden, Raiders
                        • John Harbaugh, Ravens
                        • Sean McVay, Rams
                        • Sean Payton, Saints
                        • Andy Reid, Chiefs
                        • Kyle Shanahan, 49ers

Andy Reid signed a 6-year extension. $10 million a season $60 million deal

Jon Gruden
                        signed a 10-year deal. $10 million a season deal $100 million deal

That is the going market for coaches chasing Lombardi Trophies in the AFC West.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

In my HC salary searches I found McVay at 8.5.mil and Shanahan lower than that but i didnt save the links but I know they weren't from SI.
                          Doesn't matter, Dean isn't going to even 8 million for a HC.

Comment

Working...
                          X