• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Classic
    Hall Of Fame
    • Dec 2014
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

If that's ALL we differ on here, I take it as a good thing. I think you'll come around on Hunter Henry. I was exactly where you are three months ago on Henry. Now? Production doesn't fit the salary allocation, IMO.
    Unless Donald Parham is ready to take on a bigger role or we can land Kyle Pitts at T.E we probably need to keep Henry. Losing Henry wouldn't be a big of a issue if I felt confident about our WRs besides Allen.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

think he's gonna cost $10m/year for three years.... maybe the fourth year can be a team option ??

would you do that ?? eye prolly would given the seeming rapport he has w/Herbert.
      Think I would. If you look at the top 10 TEs salary, 9 mil isn't bad for him either. He has been hurt often though since week four of last season he hasn't been.
      So yeah somewhere in the 9-10 mil I'd do it. Waller makes 7.5 but they signed him in 2019 just as he was taking off.
      11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
      35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
      37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
      66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
      69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
      100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
      110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
      140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
      181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
      225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Hunter Henry should be re-signed. Pinch pennies elsewhere. We have a whole roster of unproductive and overpaid players... choose one to cut or replace. Compare the $9 million we'll pay Henry to the $11.5 million we'll pay Trai Turner to sit in the trainer's room. Or the $15 million we'll pay Mike Williams next year to catch fewer passes than Henry currently catches. We have so many holes in our roster... why should we create another...? Which round's pick should we burn..? Will it make us better at the position...? Can other positions be improved with that pick...?

If I'm looking to save money... I'd start with Turner. Absolutely no dead cap with that cut. Use the savings to sign one really productive player at guard... or any other position. I like the FA centers... and think it's a more vital position.

I like Denzel Perryman... he's having a career year. But we have his clone in Murray Jr. If we let Denzel walk, we don't have to replace him via the draft. Instead, you find a WILL to replace Kyzir (possibly).

Let's get better at OT, OC, DE, CB, WILL, and RB through the draft. Chargers have 4 picks in the first 3 rounds. They could/should be starters within a couple years.

Trim the fat, resign your own that have earned their keep, and for God's sake... draft better.

Comment

• Caslon
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2019
          • Send PM

The Chargers are playing well enough to avoid a beat down score this year. Points wise, the Jet's game was the biggest differential this year. Weird. It's like this team needs leaders on the field, off the field and upstairs.

This game? A battle of kickers and special teams. Swami says Bills 33- Bolts 27

:Beer1:
          Last edited by Caslon; 11-26-2020, 11:21 PM.

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
            The Chargers are playing well enough to avoid a beat down score this year. Points wise, the Jet's game was the biggest differential this year. Weird. It's like this team needs leaders on the field, off the field and upstairs.

This game? A battle of kickers and special teams. Swami says Bills 33- Bolts 27

:Beer1:
            If Ekeler plays Sunday I predict Herbert and the offense release the Kraken on the Bills' defense, which has not been good stopping the pass, and score more than 30 points. 34-30 Chargers.

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

No Casey Hayward or Melvin Ingram. Hope Chris Harris and Ekeler play.

team is a bunch of weak ass mfr’s

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                No Casey Hayward or Melvin Ingram. Hope Chris Harris and Ekeler play.

team is a bunch of weak ass mfr’s
                No Ingram or Nwosu, which I assume means Tillery plays the edge across from Bosa. That night not be a bad thing. Justin Jones and Joseph in the middle. I think this is going to be Ingram's last season as a Bolt. With the Bills' passing game I am concerned how the DB holds up Sunday. But if Harris returns that gives the team him, Davis and Campbell. Maybe they can manage not to commit PI. Ballage is questionable nursing a lower leg injury so getting Ekeler back is crucial.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

No Ingram or Nwosu, which I assume means Tillery plays the edge across from Bosa. That night not be a bad thing. Justin Jones and Joseph in the middle. I think this is going to be Ingram's last season as a Bolt. With the Bills' passing game I am concerned how the DB holds up Sunday. But if Harris returns that gives the team him, Davis and Campbell. Maybe they can manage not to commit PI. Ballage is questionable nursing a lower leg injury so getting Ekeler back is crucial.
                  Ballage is getting a great chance with Lynn. If he stays out because he’s a little banged up I’m over him. Ekeler must play. Harris must play

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Ballage is getting a great chance with Lynn. If he stays out because he’s a little banged up I’m over him. Ekeler must play. Harris must play
                    Curious...have you ever played on an organized tackle football team?

Im not trying to be a smartass but this game is violent and people get hurt. Look around the league, it isnt just our team. Dallas has lost their entire starting OL and some backup OL, their QB, they lost their backup QB for a time, lost a TE...thats just the offense.

I just find your comments about injuries puzzling. Is it frustrating? Yes but Geez man.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Curious...have you ever played on an organized tackle football team?

Im not trying to be a smartass but this game is violent and people get hurt. Look around the league, it isnt just our team. Dallas has lost their entire starting OL and some backup OL, their QB, they lost their backup QB for a time, lost a TE...thats just the offense.

I just find your comments about injuries puzzling. Is it frustrating? Yes but Geez man.
                      I get it and don’t worry even if you were a smart ass it would be ok with me. Year in and year out we are one of the most injured teams. Doesn’t make sense in any statistical sense.

no doubt RB is a tough position with the shortest of careers. But LT played with broken ribs and sore this and that. Ballage has played 2 games for us and has a sore ankle??? There’s a difference between injured and pain. I have no issue with guys with injuries sitting out. It’s the guys who are a bit knocked up and sore who get me.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

I get it and don’t worry even if you were a smart ass it would be ok with me. Year in and year out we are one of the most injured teams. Doesn’t make sense in any statistical sense.

no doubt RB is a tough position with the shortest of careers. But LT played with broken ribs and sore this and that. Ballage has played 2 games for us and has a sore ankle??? There’s a difference between injured and pain. I have no issue with guys with injuries sitting out. It’s the guys who are a bit knocked up and sore who get me.
                        It fits with the rules these days. Touch a WR, it's a PI. Sore ankle, I may not be able to play lol.

Im not sure they shoot up players today like they used to. Yes Tyrod got an injection and I'm sure his lung felt great.

But back in the 70s and 80s, they were getting any type of pain killer shots and Pills they could.
                        I don't think they are getting pills today at all.
                        Not sure every ache and pain qualifies for a shot these days either.

Comment

• JOJAX85
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Irmo, SC
                          • Send PM

Glad Ingram shut it down. Trying to fight through it or not, he was ineffective. Ingram out with Harris in is an upgrade. If we're getting no pass rush, we better be able to cover.

Comment

Working...
                          X