Another disappointing Monday

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

How about we CAN Anthony Lynn and HIRE Vic Fangio? He'll be available on January 4th too.

Chargers draft Micah Parsons and gets after the QB with Joey Bosa and Derwin James, and Pep Hamilton and Shane Steichen run the offense.
      Then build a new offensive line with a new LT and a NEW Center in the draft.

Anyone who pooh-poohs Vic Fangio as HC must remember he spotted the Chargers a 24-3 in the third Quarter & beat 'em with Drew Lock a few weeks ago....
      I am not sold on Fangio as a HC. Sucking less than Lynn doesn't make him attractive and Bronco fans hate the guy almost as much as most here hate Lynn.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
        Im stunned that Lynn is still here. The losing attitude of this team goes deep.
        The only thing that makes sense is they don't think anyone on the staff would be a good interim candidate.

Comment

• cmplxgal
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • New Jersey
          • Send PM

Noon on the east coast, 9 am on the west. Stil no news. Yes, I'm checking constantly.

Comment

• Silversurfer
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2019
            • Los Angeles
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post
            Coaches presser was horrible.....and of course no good questions were asked......

like before that FG, Herbert was roughed giving Chargers first down in red zone(already in easy FG range)...... and Lynn chose to run the ball 3 straight downs??? as in zero attempts to get a first down or a TD.... for little gain forcing the FG......when we needed a TD......

Playing for FG's is how you lose games..... but Lynn has zero clue..... Lynn was obsessed with running the ball and wasting the clock.....
            Yeah, that was probably the worst Press conference Ive seen by a Chargers coach.

Comment

• ghost
              The Rise of Kellen Moore
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I am not sold on Fangio as a HC. Sucking less than Lynn doesn't make him attractive and Bronco fans hate the guy almost as much as most here hate Lynn.
              Denver fans wanted some bronze god, with flowing locks, a granite jawline and a tough name like Jack Del Rio or Chest Rockwell.

They got a 62-year old named Vic who looks like an appliance repairman.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

They have called 3 straight Charger games and have witnessed for themselves the disaster that our coaching staff is. Can't say I have ever heard such brutal piling on before, though I didn't disagree with any of it.
                LOL, me either. Hec they are probably tired of calling their games and seeing such crappy coaching that they just let it fly now after three only 3 games.

Try being a fan of this mess.

Comment

• ghost
                  The Rise of Kellen Moore
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post

Yeah, that was probably the worst Press conference Ive seen by a Chargers coach.
                  I cannot bring myself to watch it because I know I'll just get really upset and start hollering back at the screen
                  like my granddad did with the Twins in the 1970s.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

I cannot bring myself to watch it because I know I'll just get really upset and start hollering back at the screen
                    like my granddad did with the Twins in the 1970s.
                    I only read the notes from Popper - but it read terribly

My guess, Lynn will not be fired today and that gives him 5 more games to "prove himself" - thats the Spanii way.

I am sure Telesco is talking Spanii into it - one more year please.

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

Lynn probably gives us the best chance at a high draft pick. Maybe thats why he stays the entire season?

You know me just trying to find the pinhead dot of shine on the annual turd that is the Chargers. With the season lost id take a top 5 pick to ease the pain. Probably ready for a new GM making that pick as well. Just because im prepared to start completely over with the staff. Coaches and GM.

Comment

• Lyth
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Send PM

The only thing that makes sense is they don't think anyone on the staff would be a good interim candidate.
                        No one has HC experience except Bradley and they probably don't want to go that route since the decision was likely made weeks ago that Gus is gone, even if they keep Lynn.

Lots of guessing there. It's all based on the Spanos clan being rational and intelligent.

Oh shit.....

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                          Lynn probably gives us the best chance at a high draft pick. Maybe thats why he stays the entire season?

You know me just trying to find the pinhead dot of shine on the annual turd that is the Chargers. With the season lost id take a top 5 pick to ease the pain. Probably ready for a new GM making that pick as well. Just because im prepared to start completely over with the staff. Coaches and GM.
                          I would prefer to keep Telesco if he can finally see the light himself. But if he's as stubborn as the mule (Lynn) then he should go as well.
                          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X