• Show
Clear All
  • BearWithJetpack
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post

He could have just put Taylor in.

For him to leave Herbert in after M Williams and K Allen were taken out was mind blowingly stupid.
    Why risk the health of his beloved student, Tyrod? He could get hurt out there in a meaningless loss.

Comment

• SuperCharged
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2019
      • Utah
      • Midnight Toker
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lyth View Post

Gus can't even field an average defense with that being his only focus. He's also proven well that he doesn't get it done as HC.

I think we have to ride this one out and just enjoy the high pick. I'm really hoping to see them bring in a pro to run football operations. My fear is that they don't think they need to and we get another 4 years of a bad HC that just had a good line of bullshit during the interview.
      I'm not as sour on Gus as you. It's more on Lynn & CONDITIONING.. Even with all the let downs. They still are a top 10 defense but those are just numbers.

He sure the hell can't do any worse than Lynn.

Comment

• chargeroo
        Fan since 1961
        • Jan 2019
        • Oregon
        • Retired Manager/Pastor
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Paradoxrip View Post

I'm not as sour on Gus as you. It's more on Lynn & CONDITIONING.. Even with all the let downs. They still are a top 10 defense but those are just numbers.

He sure the hell can't do any worse than Lynn.
        All the games where we had a lead and the D squandered it have soured me on Gus.
        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• SuperCharged
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2019
          • Utah
          • Midnight Toker
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

All the games where we had a lead and the D squandered it have soured me on Gus.
          I blame it more on conditioning than Gus. I have yet to see our Defense look fresh or at least competitive in the 4th Q of every game. Hands on hips., huge gasps for air. Subs galore. How can you expect a defense to do well in that situation? I've said it before. When I was playing. If we gassed like that then we knew gassers, burpies were up all next week. GET YOUR FREAKING TEAM IN CONDITION LYNN. Make me sick that OUR guys think they get paid for 3 quarters. Lynn is not a good coach period. If I were choosing a HC out of Lynn and Gus I would choose Gus with 0 doubt. and it ain't even close.

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

I blame it more on conditioning than Gus. I have yet to see our Defense look fresh or at least competitive in the 4th Q of every game. Hands on hips., huge gasps for air. Subs galore. How can you expect a defense to do well in that situation? I've said it before. When I was playing. If we gassed like that then we knew gassers, burpies were up all next week. GET YOUR FREAKING TEAM IN CONDITION LYNN. Make me sick that OUR guys think they get paid for 3 quarters. Lynn is not a good coach period. If I were choosing a HC out of Lynn and Gus I would choose Gus with 0 doubt. and it ain't even close.
            How many first rounders do we have on defense and we still suck in critical situations. Gus is a really mediocre coach who's easily diagnosed by the Belichecks, reids, Peytons etc etc. etc. Hell Gus has managed to make below average QB's look great! That's scheming my friend.
            Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• chargeroo
              Fan since 1961
              • Jan 2019
              • Oregon
              • Retired Manager/Pastor
              • Send PM

Is that because he did so great before?
              THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• AZBolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

How many first rounders do we have on defense and we still suck in critical situations. Gus is a really mediocre coach who's easily diagnosed by the Belichecks, reids, Peytons etc etc. etc. Hell Gus has managed to make below average QB's look great! That's scheming my friend.
                Didn't we all notice the Rams dominate the Pat's yesterday?....coach BB is great, but the Rams players dominated the Pat's because they were prepared, had a solid plan , and have a pretty good coach too.
                While last week our stupid coach, preparation and gameplan was a complete failure and embarrasement in all 3 phases of the game. :- ((

Comment

• Classic
                  Hall Of Fame
                  • Dec 2014
                  • Send PM

The reports coming out about how Lynn hasn't lost the locker room seems like desperation by the Spanos. I really wonder if they might stand pat and bring Lynn back for another year. All these wait until the season ends remarks remind of the 2011 season when both Norv and AJ were on the hot seat. Dean put out a statement then as well to a similar effect. I just hope history doesn't repeat itself. Bringing Lynn back the worst decision this franchise could make at this point.

Comment

• Berserker76
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post
                    The reports coming out about how Lynn hasn't lost the locker room seems like desperation by the Spanos. I really wonder if they might stand pat and bring Lynn back for another year. All these wait until the season ends remarks remind of the 2011 season when both Norv and AJ were on the hot seat. Dean put out a statement then as well to a similar effect. I just hope history doesn't repeat itself. Bringing Lynn back the worst decision this franchise could make at this point.
                    That's it, I hope we lose the rest of our games. Surely they couldn't keep him if we lose out?. Would rather lose a few more battles than lose the war (i.e. keep Lynn).

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post

That's it, I hope we lose the rest of our games. Surely they couldn't keep him if we lose out?. Would rather lose a few more battles than lose the war (i.e. keep Lynn).
                      The spanos plan is to keep losing even for another season. Why? because our team will be so stacked like cleveland that coaches will be taking a discount to coach our team!

:couch:
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• SuperCharged
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2019
                        • Utah
                        • Midnight Toker
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Is that because he did so great before?
                        Nope. However out of the 2 if I had to choose I wouldn't be lynn ever.

Comment

• chargeroo
                          Fan since 1961
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Oregon
                          • Retired Manager/Pastor
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by AZBolt View Post

Didn't we all notice the Rams dominate the Pat's yesterday?....coach BB is great, but the Rams players dominated the Pat's because they were prepared, had a solid plan , and have a pretty good coach too.
                          While last week our stupid coach, preparation and gameplan was a complete failure and embarrasement in all 3 phases of the game. :- ((
                          What I took from that game is look how much a team can run when they have a good OL and look what a well coached defense can do!
                          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

Working...
                          X