• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Does the theory of Eric Bieniemy not being respected as a head coach have any correlation with the fact that this isn't even Eric Bieniemy?
    Of the four - want the dude on the far right if Lynn is fired

(but I guess Lynn needs to be fired first - thats 75/25 at this point as he will be 6-9 after next week)

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Los Angeles Chargers: Eric Bieniemy The Los Angeles Chargers just haven't received enough from Anthony Lynn, who hopped aboard in 2017 and peaked at 12-4 in 2018 before regressing to 5-11 and 4-9 this season. Elsewhere in the AFC West, Eric Bieniemy has been one of the hottest names out there for years in head-coaching circles, largely because of his work with Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes. It would make sense that the Chargers seek out an offensive mind to help out first-rounder Justin Herbert, who has flashed immense upside (potentially the best in his class) this year.

Bieniemy would help ensure the Chargers have another strong franchise passer for the next decade. There are inherent risks, as Reid runs the show and Bieniemy hasn't called all the plays since his days at Colorado, but it's hard to argue he doesn't know how to develop quarterbacks.

Whoever he hires as defensive coordinator would inherit a defense with foundational pieces Joey Bosa and Derwin James. To say calling the plays with him and Herbert on the offensive side would be an attractive job is an understatement.

The Chargers have seen enough of Bieniemy-led offenses to know what he's capable of and could want that for themselves. Other teams have taken more bigger risks (including some of the teams that have fired or are projected to fire coaches on this list), and few have presented as much upside with a proven first-round passer already on the roster.
      image_2020-12-18_115514.png

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...el-predictions

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

I can see Daboll to the Jets
        Brady to the Jaguars - especially with a young QB
        Saleh seems more like a fit in Detroit
        Bieniemy I still think will be in Houston

Chargers - if they fire Lynn, hmmm, of that group would want Daboll but Lewis is intriguing to me.

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I can see Daboll to the Jets
          Brady to the Jaguars - especially with a young QB
          Saleh seems more like a fit in Detroit
          Bieniemy I still think will be in Houston

Chargers - if they fire Lynn, hmmm, of that group would want Daboll but Lewis is intriguing to me.
          Lewis as in Marvin ??

and Bieniemy has about as much to do w/Mahomes development as Lynn does w/Herbert's.

Bieniemy post Lynn is nothing but rinse and repeat.... running backs coach who did nothing in Colorado, and is nothing but a front man as OC in KC.... (just another step back).

still beyond me how we don't see the situation.... the HC/QB relationship has been talked about as the lynchpin/foundation of a successful/winning team, and Herbert is the known constant in a sea of Chargers' variables.

why insist on bringing in someone to oversee the sea of unknowns, when you can bring in someone to maximize your one lone constant/known element.

Herbert has a ton of potential.... don't think it wise to bring in someone who has already shown they are not a QB/offensive guru.... we need someone to match the talent and intel of Herbert in our HC.
          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

Lewis as in Marvin ??

and Bieniemy has about as much to do w/Mahomes development as Lynn does w/Herbert's.

Bieniemy post Lynn is nothing but rinse and repeat.... running backs coach who did nothing in Colorado, and is nothing but a front man as OC in KC.... (just another step back).

still beyond me how we don't see the situation.... the HC/QB relationship has been talked about as the lynchpin/foundation of a successful/winning team, and Herbert is the known constant in a sea of Chargers' variables.

why insist on bringing in someone to oversee the sea of unknowns, when you can bring in someone to maximize your one lone constant/known element.

Herbert has a ton of potential.... don't think it wise to bring in someone who has already shown they are not a QB/offensive guru.... we need someone to match the talent and intel of Herbert in our HC.
            fine... if not Brian Kelly I will take Brian Daboll
            thats the best I got

Comment

• ghost
              The Rise of Kellen Moore
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

#BrianDaboll

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

from my vantage point, and didn't know 'bout the HS connection for Daboll and Telesco.... just have the sense that Daboll and the Jets GM will be simpatico.... just hope Brady gets an interview.
                5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

#BrianDaboll
                  The more I research - the more he is moving up my list. The way he has adapted the Bills over the last few years. In 2019 they had Frank Gore and I think Singletary as the two feature backs so they ran more. This year they add Stefon Diggs, Gore moves on, they have Allen passing to Beasley, Diggs and they are passing more. So he adapts to the personnel.

He deserves an interview. I think Josh McD would be good to interview too (if Lynn is fired)

Comment

• ghost
                    The Rise of Kellen Moore
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

from my vantage point, and didn't know 'bout the HS connection for Daboll and Telesco.... just have the sense that Daboll and the Jets GM will be simpatico.... just hope Brady gets an interview.
                    I've looked at the Panthers schedule and it is 3 playoff teams in-a-row, they will likely finish the season at 4-12. Not alot of suitors will be calling. He's a young talent, but this may be a year too soon, IMHO. OT Russell Okung being injured doesn't help things.

According to reports, Bieniemy will get offered both New York or Houston jobs. Bill O'Brien salted the earth before he left Houston, which makes it less attractive. However, the front office might be willing to let Bieniemy bring his his own GM to work with. Whereas Joe Douglas will be the GM in New York: so there's two schools of thought there. But, Trevor Lawrence as QB-1 makes me think Bieniemy will chose The Jets.

I say this, because it leaves Daboll without a team. I think Daboll should meet John Spanos and have dinner in January, during Wild-Card Week, with Daboll, Telesco, and Spanos, and see if they can't hammer our a plan for the the future on how to develop the Chargers' new brilliant QB-1.

Industry sources are certain Eric Bieniemy will get one of these jobs

http://https://www.espn.com/nfl/stor...ything-hearing

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

I've looked at the Panthers schedule and it is 3 playoff teams in-a-row, they will likely finish the season at 4-12. Not alot of suitors will be calling. He's a young talent, but this may be a year too soon, IMHO. OT Russell Okung being injured doesn't help things.

According to reports, Bieniemy will get offered both New York or Houston jobs. Bill O'Brien salted the earth before he left Houston, which makes it less attractive. However, the front office might be willing to let Bieniemy bring his his own GM to work with. Whereas Joe Douglas will be the GM in New York: so there's two schools of thought there. But, Trevor Lawrence as QB-1 makes me think Bieniemy will chose The Jets.

I say this, because it leaves Daboll without a team. I think Daboll should meet John Spanos and have dinner in January, during Wild-Card Week, with Daboll, Telesco, and Spanos, and see if they can't hammer our a plan for the the future on how to develop the Chargers' new brilliant QB-1.

http://https://www.espn.com/nfl/stor...ything-hearing
                      link es no bueno, and.... doubt that Bieniemy gets either job.... 'specially the one in NY.... no way do they turn Trevor over to him.... just no way, and....

will be surprised if Brady doesn't get @least a coupla few interviews.... just hoping that one of 'em is w/us.

Comment

• therber219
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2017
                        • Iowa
                        • Send PM

If Lynn is fired, I really hope whoever they bring in is OK keeping Pep around. He was brought in for one reason, and judging by how well Herbert has done, he is the one coach that earned his job.

Comment

• ghost
                          The Rise of Kellen Moore
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

link es no bueno, and.... doubt that Bieniemy gets either job.... 'specially the one in NY.... no way do they turn Trevor over to him.... just no way, and....

will be surprised if Brady doesn't get @least a coupla few interviews.... just hoping that one of 'em is w/us.

The Chiefs' offensive coordinator has been on the head-coach interview circuit the past couple of years but hasn't managed to get one of the jobs. His contract expires at the end of the season. The Chiefs would love to have him back, but they know he's probably gone.

Houston definitely has interest, and some believe Bieniemy could already be the front-runner there. The quarterback, overall roster talent and organizational structure will be important to him, and the Texans can offer that, with the willingness to tie a new general manager to the coach. Bieniemy is the marquee Rooney Rule candidate in a year with revamped rules to encourage the hiring of Black coaches. He's far from the only qualified coordinator or assistant coach. Hiring Bieniemy should be the floor for diversity hiring this year.
                          I'm not an ESPN Insider, but here is that statement.

Comment

Working...
                          X