• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lyth
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2018
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
    The name of their next HC is John Spanos, Jr.
    Not many things could get me to give up on the Chargers.

That would do it.

I saw Michael "where's my coke straw" Irvin stumping for Lynn. He thinks it would be damaging to Herbert to change systems. It was absurd. He didn't really have an off season. He barely knows our system. Now is the time to change. A couple more years of heartbreaking losses is what would ruin him. Get him a real coaching staff and see what he can really do.

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
      https://thebrawlnetwork.com/articles...geles-chargers

Tom Telesco is indirectly responsible for the losing culture. Agree.

John Spanos is directly responsible for the losing culture.
      If anything that article about the 2017 coaching hires only highlights the first time coaches’ success. Though McDermott still hasn’t won a PO game yet.

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

#BrianDaboll
        I prefer this to the Josh McDaniels rumors.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I prefer this to the Josh McDaniels rumors.
          Telesco has contacts with these names from what I have gathered

Josh - John Carroll
          Daboll - high school
          Pagano and Caldwell - both with the Colts
          Brian Kelly - this has an asterisk but he does know that program well.

I personally - if Lynn is fired and Telesco is kept on - he does try to hire somebody he might have more familiarity with. It would be his last hire so at least interview that kind of candidate.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lyth View Post

Not many things could get me to give up on the Chargers.

That would do it.

I saw Michael "where's my coke straw" Irvin stumping for Lynn. He thinks it would be damaging to Herbert to change systems. It was absurd. He didn't really have an off season. He barely knows our system. Now is the time to change. A couple more years of heartbreaking losses is what would ruin him. Get him a real coaching staff and see what he can really do.
            I’m all for a new coach, 100% on board. But I’ll again politely push back on the “ruin” meme. Herbie will be just fine.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Scotty Boy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2017
              • Send PM

Watching the Bills/Broncs game. One thing that’s very evident about Brian Daboll is he’s an extremely aggressive play caller; always looking to knock the opponents out. Bills leading by 25 points and he’s still putting constant pressure on the defense.

Looks like Daboll calls plays that are working. Period. No forcing preconceived goals into the actual game.

Have to wonder if the (ineffective) run-first mentality and passive, nutty decision-making by the Chargers coaches (i.e. not going for it on 4th down when we have the place kicker with the most misses in the NFL). contributes to what sometimes appears to be lackluster effort.

Aggressiveness breeds aggressiveness.

Comment

• AK47
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Scotty Boy View Post
                Watching the Bills/Broncs game. One thing that’s very evident about Brian Daboll is he’s an extremely aggressive play caller; always looking to knock the opponents out. Bills leading by 25 points and he’s still putting constant pressure on the defense.

Looks like Daboll calls plays that are working. Period. No forcing preconceived goals into the actual game.

Have to wonder if the (ineffective) run-first mentality and passive, nutty decision-making by the Chargers coaches (i.e. not going for it on 4th down when we have the place kicker with the most misses in the NFL). contributes to what sometimes appears to be lackluster effort.

Aggressiveness breeds aggressiveness.
                When in doubt stick to the game plan whether you're up or down no matter the score. the best coaches in the game which win SBs tend to have that trait.

I felt as if Spanos were looking for a Marty but with coolness under pressure situations involving us needing to score. I though we had that in Lynn. Coolness under pressure-yes. Making the right decisions under crucial situations- not trending in right direction.

I think our next HC should have that mentality as well. To Lynn's defense perhaps he's lost some confidence in the team to stay consistently aggressive. The problem is he's only aggressive in running situations. The better HC's are aggressive in other ways such as playing field position, forcing you to call timeouts, not deviating from what got you the lead, making a quick left field decision but being aggressive about it, ect. In a nut shell, the better HC's force you to make bad decisions and capitalize on it asap.

Comment

• Sgt Schultz
                  Bandwagon since 8/6/1960
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Palm Springs
                  • I know nothing
                  • Send PM

'Plays are plays,' but Bills offensive coordinator Brian Daboll's creativity flourishes | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com

The Anti-Lynn in play calling philosophy

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

There are worse organizations than the Chargers. The Saints were one of them at one point. So yeah, fuck Eli and Archie.
                    Like them or not they were right.
                    Didn't say we were the worst, but we are in the bottom end. Make a list of the bottom ten and we are in there somewhere due to ownership.

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

I think people are blowing up John’s role in order to diminish Telesco’s in all of this. He had a big hand, if not the biggest, in hiring McCoy. He was also part of Lynn’s hiring even if John was more directly involved.
                      would be extremely surprised if either were true, and truthfully to much if any extent whatsoever....
                      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Daboll is impressive as a coordinator with the Bils. Last year Gore and Singletary were running. This year, adding Diggs, maturation of Allen, passing the ball more. Whether that translates to being a head coach - who knows.

Also, my top guy is still Brian Kelly and after yesterday - he should realize - thats probably the best he will get at Notre Dame. Hard to ever see him having the talent of Alabama, Clemson, LSU last year, Georgia or Ohio State - year in, year out.

My top two this week are the Brians: Kelly and Daboll.

Comment

• ghost
                          The Rise of Kellen Moore
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Eagles hired John Dorsey as a consultant before 2020 draft

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/12/19/eagles-hired-john-dorsey-as-a-consultant-before-2020-draft/

The Philadelphia Eagles, despite three straight playoff appearances and a 2017 Super Bowl win, have faced plenty of criticism when it comes to the quality of the roster. Per multiple reports, the Eagles attempted to beef up that roster by retaining the services of former Chiefs and Browns G.M. John Dorsey as a consultant.

Per multiple reports, Dorsey already has been assisting the Eagles, and he presumably will continue to do so. He’s helping both with college and pro scouting.

The move happened quietly, with word of it emerging only recently. As one source explained it to PFT, Dorsey actually has been assisting the Eagles since before the 2020 draft. Quarterback Jalen Hurts, who played well in his debut as a starter, arrived via round two of the most recent draft.

In Kansas City, Dorsey presided over the 2017 draft, which brought Patrick Mahomes to Kansas City. He also drafted running back Kareem Hunt that same year. In Cleveland, Dorsey drafted quarterback Baker Mayfield, who has improved significantly in recent weeks. Dorsey also drafted running back Nick Chubb, signed Hunt after an off-field incident got him cut by the Chiefs, traded for receiver Jarvis Landry, and traded for receiver Odell Beckham, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                          X