• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I kind of agree. They generally bring in the antithesis to the previous head coach....but then, i don't really see a pattern.

Bobby Ross -> ...............Kevin Gilbride -->................ mike Reilly -->............... Marty -->............... Norv --> ..............McCoy -->................. Lynn
    Head coach .......................OC ...............................Head coach...................... HC...................... HC/OC.................. OC........................ RB coach
    college....................... run & shoot............................. college................... fundamentals........... qb whisperer...... success w/ tebow ..........nondescipt
    fundamentals.............. mean shit ..............................nice guy ...............gritty/impassioned ........avuncular .........bland/zero presence....... jockish
    no nonsense................insolent.................. ................milk toast..............alpha.......................... ..beta..................delta..................... ......imitation alpha
    With Justin Herbert - you have a chance to be a really good team the next four years - especially with who you have signed, draft picks and cap space

Get the right Head Coach and thats either a guy like Ross (my Brian Kelly dream) or not sure a good comp for Marty at this point but I am still a proponent of Caldwell.

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

With Justin Herbert - you have a chance to be a really good team the next four years - especially with who you have signed, draft picks and cap space

Get the right Head Coach and thats either a guy like Ross (my Brian Kelly dream) or not sure a good comp for Marty at this point but I am still a proponent of Caldwell.
      I’d be on board with Brian Kelly as Telesco’s last regime
      obviously Telesco is a fan, so if we’re not serious contenders by the time Herbert has to get paid, we can have a FULL house cleaning.
      G-Ro knows.

Comment

• gzubeck
        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
        • Jan 2019
        • Tucson, AZ
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

obviously Telesco is a fan, so if we’re not serious contenders by the time Herbert has to get paid, we can have a FULL house cleaning.
        Man....I can't even think that far down the road. At some point your just gonna have to try and enjoy the Chargers with a competent head coach win or lose! We might even have Lynn for next year but if we bring back Gus I might take off a year and just make an occasional pass by here on the board. I don't think I can handle another year of bend but don't break defense.

:2cents:
        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• SDBORN
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Man....I can't even think that far down the road. At some point your just gonna have to try and enjoy the Chargers with a competent head coach win or lose! We might even have Lynn for next year but if we bring back Gus I might take off a year and just make an occasional pass by here on the board. I don't think I can handle another year of bend but don't break defense.

:2cents:
          I'm thinking Gus is gone next year. Lynn I could totally see the spanos keeping.

Really hope they clean house

Comment

• floydefisher
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • siberiacuse, ny
            • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltUp InLA View Post
            Bieniemy is certainly intriguing because not only is he a part of the Chiefs and has some inside knowledge about Mahomes tendencies, he has also created a more diversified and adaptable offense that has thrived the last few seasons after the league had more tape on Mahomes.

The issue I have is that Herbert will have to learn yet another offense. He already had 3 offensive coordinators / schemes during his days at Oregon. He has thrived beyond expectation mostly under Steichen and Pep, so I would hate for Herbert to change offensive coordinator / scheme again so soon in his NFL career.
            If he's already had to learn 4 different offensive schemes already, it's clearly not an issue for him.

I like Eric Bieniemy, but not for the reasons most people do.

Most people forget he originally played for the Chargers under on Bobby Ross....that somehow gives me great comfort in him as a coach.

Get him in here, and lets get this ring done for once.
            sigpic

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

I'm thinking Gus is gone next year. Lynn I could totally see the spanos keeping.

Really hope they clean house
              I said after the Falcons game it was still 60/40 they keep Lynn as I thought they would beat the Broncos to get to 5-11, and the Spanii would say he rallied the troops after the 45 zip beat down and finished strong

Now I think they get to 6-10 so that puts the odds at 90/10 they keep him. I truly think the Spanii want to keep him

Bradley will be let go - though
              He will need to make changes to keep his job as a lame duck coach

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

So would i but Kelly isnt coming. He said he likes his situation so why come here and work for the Spaniis?

I bet we get first timers because NFL experienced guys don't want to work for Dean. Eli and his Dad just had the balls to say it.
                Last edited by Boltjolt; 12-18-2020, 07:51 AM.
                11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
                35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
                225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• Jorgecasas10
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Mar 2020
                  • Send PM

I think a good option for a proven disciplined head coach is jack del rio
                  he has to be an option

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • SoDak
                    • Technology Director
                    • Send PM

There is no way they keep him.

The silly penalties, the special teams gaffes, the playcalling...that all falls on him. He may not call the plays, but he hired the guys that do.

And the defense has been atrocious pretty much all season.

The turtling up at the end of games is on him as well.

They can NOT keep Anthony Lynn and hope to develop any sort of fan base in Los Angeles. You have a fancy sparkling new stadium, and a shiny new quarterback who everyone is in Love with, and a team that is not bereft of talent. Competent coaching and this is a playoff team. Period.
                    "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Coachmarkos View Post
                      There is no way they keep him.

The silly penalties, the special teams gaffes, the playcalling...that all falls on him. He may not call the plays, but he hired the guys that do.

And the defense has been atrocious pretty much all season.

The turtling up at the end of games is on him as well.

They can NOT keep Anthony Lynn and hope to develop any sort of fan base in Los Angeles. You have a fancy sparkling new stadium, and a shiny new quarterback who everyone is in Love with, and a team that is not bereft of talent. Competent coaching and this is a playoff team. Period.
                      I agree with all of your points, but...the persistent rumors of how much they respect what a leader he is just makes me fear that they are looking for a reason to bring him back. Beat the Broncos and a KC team that could have home field advantage locked up and resting players and they have the rationalization on brining him back.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

So would i but Kelly isnt coming. He said he likes his situation so why come here and work for the Spaniis?

I bet we get first timers because NFL experienced guys don't want to work for Dean. Eli and his Dad just had the balls to say it.
                        Here is the thing about Kelly -- the Chargers have the one thing that would entice him to jump from college to the pro's - Justin Herbert

The Chargers job is a good job - it might be the best job if it opened. Lets look at them

Falcons - have an older roster, need a younger QB - who knows, Ryan might have a few good years, no cap space
                        Texans: good QB, no draft picks
                        Lions: hard to say, Stafford is on the way down, decent cap space but not great
                        Bears: need a QB
                        Jets: they will get Lawrence
                        Jags: will get a QB in the draft

Chargers have the QB - some really good players in Allen, Bosa, Ekeler, if healthy, James
                        they have cap space and a QB

its a prime job for the right person to walk into - thats why I equate it to Steve Kerr and the WArriors. Just need the right Head Coach and staff to take it to the next level.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I agree with all of your points, but...the persistent rumors of how much they respect what a leader he is just makes me fear that they are looking for a reason to bring him back. Beat the Broncos and a KC team that could have home field advantage locked up and resting players and they have the rationalization on brining him back.
                          100% x 2

Media keeps reporting how well he is liked, he is a leader, respected in the building. But you know what, he still screws up on game day

Thats why I wanted him fired after the Patriots game - than I knew he would be gone. As every day he is in the building is another day he can keep his job and win a few meaningless games and blow smoke and Dean is like "okay okay, get a new ST coach, maybe a new DC" and bring you back. When there is no guarantee he will be a better game day coach.

Comment

Working...
                          X