• Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Where did you get that info?
    When the Chargers were looking for a new head coach after the 2016 NFL season, the team reached out to ex-Packers GM Ron Wolf for help. Wolf mentioned how impressed he was with Bills interim head coach Anthony Lynn, who interviewed for the Jets’ head coaching job back in 2015. Weeks later, the Spanos family and GM Tom Telesco interviewed Lynn and had a similar experience, eventually hiring him. - SI https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/12/05/nfl-head-coaching-carousel-influential-figures

https://www.thepowderblues.com/forum/forum/los-angeles-chargers-forum-nfl-forum-padres-forum/the-los-angeles-chargers-forum/1145853-popper-how-can-the-spanos-family-not-overhaul-the-bolts-now?p=1146633#post1146633

Ron Wolf's recommendation to the stake-holders group was Bruce Arians. Not Anthony Lynn. This is why the man was hired; to help vet the coaches' groupings and offer his best recommendation. John Spanos went against that, and chose Anthony Lynn.

Comment

• Boltgang74
      We Are The Storm!
      • Aug 2018
      • Send PM

Fuck I cant stand the little prep school lookin douche bag
      Attached Files

Comment

• ghost
        The Rise of Kellen Moore
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

The 48-year-old Lynn was one of six candidates interviewed by the Chargers. Sean McDermott, Matt Patricia, Mike Smith, Dave Toub & Teryl Austin.

Chargers director of football operations John Spanos, however, said he believes the franchise got the right man to lead them, saying he was impressed with Lynn during the initial interview.

"You can tell right away he has this authentic leadership to him," said Spanos, who had final decision on the head-coaching hire for the first time in his relatively new role. "He's a no-nonsense guy, and he's real genuine. He's a guy that you can just picture leading this team, and the guys buying in and playing hard for him."

In the last two games against Bill Belichick, with either Rivers or Herbert at QB, the Chargers have been down 28 points at the half.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...o-spanos-flaws

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

When the Chargers were looking for a new head coach after the 2016 NFL season, the team reached out to ex-Packers GM Ron Wolf for help. Wolf mentioned how impressed he was with Bills interim head coach Anthony Lynn, who interviewed for the Jets’ head coaching job back in 2015. Weeks later, the Spanos family and GM Tom Telesco interviewed Lynn and had a similar experience, eventually hiring him. - SI https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/12/05/nfl-head-coaching-carousel-influential-figures

https://www.thepowderblues.com/forum/forum/los-angeles-chargers-forum-nfl-forum-padres-forum/the-los-angeles-chargers-forum/1145853-popper-how-can-the-spanos-family-not-overhaul-the-bolts-now?p=1146633#post1146633

Ron Wolf's recommendation to the stake-holders group was Bruce Arians. Not Anthony Lynn. This is why the man was hired; to help vet the coaches' groupings and offer his best recommendation. John Spanos went against that, and chose Anthony Lynn.
          Exactly why JohnBoy shouldn't be involved in football decisions.

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

09_FanFest_164_400x400.jpg

John then purchased magic beans at the Farmer's Market.

'You can tell right away these magic beans are authentic.'

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

The way this post was edited, it leads me to the SI article instead. Additionally, Bruce Arians was still with the Cardinals at that time. Are you mistaking Lynn with Mike McCoy?

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Exactly why JohnBoy shouldn't be involved in football decisions.
                Dean demoted John and inserted himself into the process. That's how I read this Tweet. YMMV.

Comment

• ghost
                  The Rise of Kellen Moore
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

The way this post was edited, it leads me to the SI article instead. Additionally, Bruce Arians was still with the Cardinals at that time. Are you mistaking Lynn with Mike McCoy?
                  I think I'm mixing up the hiring cycles, brother. I apologize.

Comment

• Charge!
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Best choice for Chargers = Brian Daboll....he understands both offenses and defense and is an aggessive OC who has no problem runnning up a score..... doesnt justy stop the offense if they have a lead like Lynn would....

Bienemy is not really the OC..... he does not design or call their plays.... Reid does and always has......what does Bienemy actually do???

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post
                      Best choice for Chargers = Brian Daboll....he understands both offenses and defense and is an aggessive OC who has no problem runnning up a score..... doesnt justy stop the offense if they have a lead like Lynn would....

Bienemy is not really the OC..... he does not design or call their plays.... Reid does and always has......what does Bienemy actually do???
                      Of the candidates we've requested interviews with, Daboll has my vote too.
                      comes from the Patriot culture of work but with a player-friendly reputation
                      has a feel for the college game under satan--I mean Saban which is important imo as the two games continue to merge.
                      of all the candidates has most relevant experience in directly developing Allen who shares many qualities as number 10.
                      As mentioned, defensive background is also a unique asset as a two sided football mind.
                      No idea if he can manage a game but suspect anyone can do a better job than what were used to
                      no clue if he can make adequate halftime adjustments or if the Bills offense is just so dominant there is no need to significantly adjust
                      Overall
                      best of the bunch so far
                      P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                      P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                      P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                      P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

I think I'm mixing up the hiring cycles, brother. I apologize.
                        No worries. If it makes you feel better, I don’t think Arians is that great either. He has the same strengths and weaknesses as Lynn. Connects well with players and is a good leader. But his weakness is the deep ball. It’s why the Bucs look so inconsistent this year. They can beat the bad teams but against the better teams that figure out Arians scheme, it’s easier to beat them. You saw the decline once talent and Arians was figured out with the Cards in 2016 and 2017.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Of the candidates we've requested interviews with, Daboll has my vote too.
                          comes from the Patriot culture of work but with a player-friendly reputation
                          has a feel for the college game under satan--I mean Saban which is important imo as the two games continue to merge.
                          of all the candidates has most relevant experience in directly developing Allen who shares many qualities as number 10.
                          As mentioned, defensive background is also a unique asset as a two sided football mind.
                          No idea if he can manage a game but suspect anyone can do a better job than what were used to
                          no clue if he can make adequate halftime adjustments or if the Bills offense is just so dominant there is no need to significantly adjust
                          Overall
                          best of the bunch so far
                          Daboll - for sure

Saleh - maybe
                          Bieniemy - maybe

The rest - Garrett actually

Brady, Staley and Smith - nope

Comment

Working...
                          X