• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JOJAX85
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2018
    • Irmo, SC
    • Send PM

What are we thinking on time frame? First of February? That'll give the new HC time to put together a staff & discuss their thoughts on player personnel before FA.

Comment

• Lyth
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2018
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post
      Best choice for Chargers = Brian Daboll....he understands both offenses and defense and is an aggessive OC who has no problem runnning up a score..... doesnt justy stop the offense if they have a lead like Lynn would....

Bienemy is not really the OC..... he does not design or call their plays.... Reid does and always has......what does Bienemy actually do???
      I do like Daboll. He'll get alot out of JH. We might even discover our running game once teams have to go dime on 1st down.

Bienemy is an unknown. Reid has said a few times that EB is very involved in the offense. We just don't know how much.

That's not saying that either can do the HC job. Both have had good examples to follow, but even Marty, who was one of the best regular season coaches, couldn't handle the playoffs. Personally I'd rather have Harbaugh. He's proven he can do it. He's probably lock Johnny in a locker if he tried to meddle.

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post
        What are we thinking on time frame? First of February? That'll give the new HC time to put together a staff & discuss their thoughts on player personnel before FA.
        No, it will be this month for the hire. Both McCoy and Lynn were hired mid January. With McCoy, we also had to hire Telesco first. Maybe we’ll run into a snag if someone like Daboll goes to the SB. But it should already be decided by then.

Comment

• Boltfan73
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2020
          • Send PM

I am looking at this from a different perspective....With Dean in the mix don't you think he is also looking what will fill the stadium. The big name coach. If you look at it that way i think Harbaugh and Meyer have a leg up on the competition. Thoughts?

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

If you are thinking about starting a new coaching thread? Stop. I will be likely moving them into this one for now. Unless its a new name. We dont need more coaching threads. Top 4. Top 2. What color? Im sure we can create another million ways to kill a cat but lets just stick with the clutter we already have.

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post
              Best choice for Chargers = Brian Daboll....he understands both offenses and defense and is an aggessive OC who has no problem runnning up a score..... doesnt justy stop the offense if they have a lead like Lynn would....

Bienemy is not really the OC..... he does not design or call their plays.... Reid does and always has......what does Bienemy actually do???
              I like that “running up the score” part.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

One advantage to Bienemy is that he knows Mahomes strengths and weaknesses. Take away the things Mahomes likes to do and force him into uncomfortable situations.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

If the next HC comes in and does not retain Pep Hamilton, he should be fired for stupidity. You don't break up a winning combination.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Charge!
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                    One advantage to Bienemy is that he knows Mahomes strengths and weaknesses. Take away the things Mahomes likes to do and force him into uncomfortable situations.
                    so do good coaches who study the film.......

Comment

• Charge!
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post
                      no later then after SB, but likely before....... when Bills are done! =)

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

Talking heads talking about Garrett to the chargers. ugh!

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltfan73 View Post
                          I am looking at this from a different perspective....With Dean in the mix don't you think he is also looking what will fill the stadium. The big name coach. If you look at it that way i think Harbaugh and Meyer have a leg up on the competition. Thoughts?
                          Winning fills the stadium. With a young star QB, an NFL rising star offensive coach makes sense. Like Daboll, whose Bills offense is 2nd only to GB at finishing drives & PPG.

Comment

Working...
                          X