• Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Plus free shipping on Fed Ex

Are you telling me Georgetown Prep is better high school than where Tommy T and Daboll went in buffalo?!!?
    Yes.

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Comment

• Charge!
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Coachmarkos View Post

Well my theory about them having a couple guys 'narrowed down' was 100% wrong. LOL.
        10 - 12?....wow, so they really have no clue what type of coach they are seeking?......

If they already knew they were looking for an offensive guy who has worked with great QB's, then the list should be much shorter.....

Dabol has experience coaching both offense and defense for Bellycheat so he has strong overall football knowledge(not just a career RB coach who thought Taylor was a great QB) and he is now coaching one of the best most explosive offenses in the NFL, and he ran up a huge score against a good MIA defense..... so he is better then what we had.....

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
          That is insane.

Comment

• Charge!
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post
            interesting.....how many great head coaches do not specialize/focus on one side of the ball?...... NONE........ that CEO job sounds like a job for a project manager who does not need to know offense or defense.....notice that he does not name any of those..... lol

Most great HC's have focused on Offense..... a couple of great ones who focused on defense (like Bellycheat and Shula also were very aggressive on offense when they had great QB's)......

Comment

• Classic
              Hall Of Fame
              • Dec 2014
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
              I like this alot better than just taking first guy you interview.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

interesting.....how many great head coaches do not specialize/focus on one side of the ball?...... NONE........ that CEO job sounds like a job for a project manager who does not need to know offense or defense.....notice that he does not name any of those..... lol

Most great HC's have focused on Offense..... a couple of great ones who focused on defense (like Bellycheat and Shula also were very aggressive on offense when they had great QB's)......
                Maybe they are looking for somebody with an idea for Herbert but the entire team - defense and special teams included. Sure, its important to have the right coaching for Herbert but its also important that the person interviewing for the job is not a glorified coordinator.

I mean, thats one thing about Marty - he rarely wore a headset, had a play sheet in his pants and was walking around talking to players and coaches.

I want a guy that coaches the entire team, understands the game on sunday, and teaches his players how to get better during the week. Its a big list I know.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2019
                  • Utah
                  • Midnight Toker
                  • Send PM

Why does that freak you out? 10-12 the more the merrier. You'll get a better sense of the talent pool.

Oh has anyone heard from Critty? We may need to start a welfare check.
                  Last edited by SuperCharged; 01-04-2021, 03:33 PM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

10-12...cool, but who? Lets see some names man.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post

I like this alot better than just taking first guy you interview.
                      They really needed to have Mike McCoy. The Tebow effect.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                        10-12...cool, but who? Lets see some names man.
                        I am interested to see the names. See how wide ranging they go? Do they hit the college ranks like Campbell, Fitzgerald?

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

EVERY NFL HC job is highly desirable to any coach not named Bill Fucking Parcells. There are 32 teams. Of those - maybe 4-7 opportunities per year. Tens of thousands of coaches. i think LAC has particular attraction for a nervous candidate if he thinks about failing he’s then realized the #1 reason coaches fail is a shitty QBs and LAC has a great one locked up for a long time, but I have never bought into the “no coach will want to coach at XYZ” argument. All great coaches think they can succeed.

Certainly no never-asked possible candidate should assume he’s so bitchin’ that he can turn down a team HC offer because another team is going to offer him a job tomorrow. If he has two offers, great to pick. Otherwise - he may never get another offer in his entire life - and he knows it. Every year a top candidate takes the job at one of the worst teams - its only the worst teams that even have an opening after all.

The only reason LAC won’t get the coach they want is that coach got a HC job at a different team. Just my 2c, I’ve been wrong before.
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X