Are You Rooting For The Chargers To Win Or Lose The Final Three Games?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SuperCharged
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2019
    • Utah
    • Midnight Toker
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

What does that accomplish? Tyrod most likely won't be back next season.
    Save JH for next year there is nothing to play for that's what. Pride? Pfffft overrated. I would hate see something like Joe Burrow happening to JH. At this point when you have freaking coach that doesn't understand the concept that an incompletion stops the clock when you don't have any time outs. Lynn for some reason seems to think it's better to run the football with no time outs. You'd think after getting THRASHED by the media for weeks that Lynn would be a little more in control of the clock and situational football.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

Save JH for next year there is nothing to play for that's what. Pride? Pfffft overrated. I would hate see something like Joe Burrow happening to JH. At this point when you have freaking coach that doesn't understand the concept that an incompletion stops the clock when you don't have any time outs. Lynn for some reason seems to think it's better to run the football with no time outs. You'd think after getting THRASHED by the media for weeks that Lynn would be a little more in control of the clock and situational football.
      So using that logic we should sit Bosa, Allen, Henry and anyone else talented that could help us next year.

Comment

• Ceramic
        Chargers are pathetic
        • Sep 2020
        • OC
        • Send PM

I think W's are good for Herbert. Will give him more confidence for next season. Imagine winning all those close games with a competent coach! Special teams clicking on all cylinders! One can dream!

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
          Chargers Hall of Fame
          • Sep 2019
          • Send PM

It's sad that we Charger fans have come to believe that if Lynn wins these last three he may be retained as head coach. It's mind boggling that those games could save him. And, yet, we are Charger fans. We know it's true. But it's maddening. No other team would allow this to continue (except Cleveland during the Hue Jackson years - I coach I assume they also "respected").

So IF I knew for sure that Lynn is gone either way, I want the wins. I want a culture of winning to begin NOW. I want Herbert to get wins and blowouts where he could sit out the 4th quarters. I want to help keep the Raiders from the playoffs. I want to our young guys to get a chance to show what they've got and to show success!

So we aren't in the top 5, so what. We've got a lot of picks. We just need some coaches who know how to game plan before and, then, during a game.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Experience. He hasn't seen it all by a long shot. Experience for different coverages for future being able to audible down the road. Sitting him does nothing.
            Our OL isn't great but it isn't as bad as Cinci OL.
            Hell sit Bosa and Murray too....get EK out of there as well.

Comment

• SuperCharged
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2019
              • Utah
              • Midnight Toker
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

So using that logic we should sit Bosa, Allen, Henry and anyone else talented that could help us next year.
              Nope. QB is a little different from the other positions don't ya think? Ask Denver. I wouldn't even suggest this unless I thought JH wasn't a generational talent. We have nothing to play for. The effing coaching staff will be blown up this off season. Why not get a good draft pick? Save him and get out of this weird ass season that is 2020.
              Last edited by SuperCharged; 12-14-2020, 08:43 PM.

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

100%

You would think he would spend 1 whole day covering the end of halves
                another day covering end of game situations
                another day covering just special teams
                dress rehearsal until everyone is on the same page 10 times in a row.

how about just working out communication bugs between offense and field-goal team

extreme situations etc
                P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• AK47
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Experience. He hasn't seen it all by a long shot. Experience for different coverages for future being able to audible down the road. Sitting him does nothing.
                  Our OL isn't great but it isn't as bad as Cinci OL.
                  Hell sit Bosa and Murray too....get EK out of there as well.
                  Gaining experience +1. Herbert will process all this data in the offseason.

Playing and beating AFC west teams. We need film on successfully beating AFC west teams post Rivers era.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by BayAreaBoltz View Post
                    It's sad that we Charger fans have come to believe that if Lynn wins these last three he may be retained as head coach. It's mind boggling that those games could save him. And, yet, we are Charger fans. We know it's true. But it's maddening. No other team would allow this to continue (except Cleveland during the Hue Jackson years - I coach I assume they also "respected").

So IF I knew for sure that Lynn is gone either way, I want the wins. I want a culture of winning to begin NOW. I want Herbert to get wins and blowouts where he could sit out the 4th quarters. I want to help keep the Raiders from the playoffs. I want to our young guys to get a chance to show what they've got and to show success!

So we aren't in the top 5, so what. We've got a lot of picks. We just need some coaches who know how to game plan before and, then, during a game.
                    i don't think it will take three - I think one more win would do it. Two for sure. If Lynn finishes 6-10 - he will keep his job - which is ridiculous

He should be fired this mornig after what happened at the end of the first half

So yes, if it means going 0-3 for Lynn to lose his job - the team needs to go 0-3 (sadly)

I said it about McCoy once when I wanted him fired after a Chicago game on Monday night and I think they had a bye - every day he stays in the building is one more day he can convince the Spanii to keep his job. Same applies to Lynn -- he finishes 5-11, I am 75% sure he keeps his job; If that becomes 6-10, its like 98.5%

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

I root for wins because losses are toxic. And can kill a young player. LIke a rookie QB. Yes the high draft pick means a lot....but Herbert winning games like this? Way more valuable to him personally. I think the losses were getting to him. We need to learn how to win. Id rather it start in the face of terrible coaching mistakes.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                        I root for wins because losses are toxic. And can kill a young player. LIke a rookie QB. Yes the high draft pick means a lot....but Herbert winning games like this? Way more valuable to him personally. I think the losses were getting to him. We need to learn how to win. Id rather it start in the face of terrible coaching mistakes.
                        I don't want them to lose but if they win games - Lynn will keep his job if he wins one of the final three (I think) which would be a detriment to the long term career of Justin Herbert.

If somebody told me today Lynn is gone no matter what - hell yeah , beat the Raiders and Broncos.

Comment

• LazyLightning
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

You have to play to win. Especially against division rivals.

Comment

Working...
                          X