Are You Rooting For The Chargers To Win Or Lose The Final Three Games?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lone Bolt
    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
    • Feb 2019
    • McLean Illinois
    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I agree, scary.
    My message to my Charger brothers is...
    If you KNOW winning improves the chance Lynn is retained and root for taking that chance, I hope I don’t read Lynn bashing from you in 2021.
    We should all agree to that right?
    the risks don’t seem too bad until you have to experience them, and that’s what’s being missed imo in all the feel-good win-vibes.

there are seriously implications with 3 more wins, I’d rather not risk a single one.
    I reserve the right to appreciate a win, AND call Lynn to task in 2021...

But I really think Lynn is gone, regardless. The entire league is laughing....so moot point imo...
    The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
      I think the players took the L out of the coaches hands and created a W. Those are special. I think we won the game and everyone got to see the staff make mistakes. I still think the staff is done despite the team winning out.

The fans would lose it.

Theres a reason why i let so many coaching threads stay up. I want the team to see what fans are saying. And i know they watch.
      The coaching needs a change. Many can agree on that. But there's another thing. A lot of fans are deluding themselves into how good this team is and are blinded by it. Those with the itching ears don't want or like to admit that this team isn't as good they are boasted to be. There's a reason why some fans are negative or pessimistic, and bash the team. To make the organization know what things they can do to be better, even if their efforts are for nothing. We aren't all going to agree with each other all the time on things. But that's not a bad thing. This is a time now where we have to air it out so that the organization is lead to go in the right direction, and not the opposite.

Comment

• UtahBolt
        Did we win?
        • Jun 2013
        • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
        • Send PM

I want to see them win for a few reasons:

-First, winning breeds confidence. These young guys need to believe they can win in the division. AND if we win, it means some of these young guys have made the positive plays to help them win which is what we need all the young guys to do regardless.

-Second, we are 0-for in the division the last couple of years (was the miracle KC 2-pt conversion win the last division win?) and we just can't be winless in the division two years in a row. Just can't.

-Third, it's the fucking Raiders, Broncos and Chiefs. Think of how good running that gauntlet will feel! Not just for the young guys but for us fans, because let's face it we take a beating being fans of this team too!

Win out, move on from the current regime (way too much water under the bridge now) and go into next season with some optimism. Sure winning out may cost us an "elite" pick but we can find someone in the middle of the first to make a difference. I don't think we were going to get high enough on the board to land Sewell anyway...
        I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• PR#1
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...like THIS?:

times bolts joke.JPG

From their opponents’ eight-yard line, the Chargers ran the ball.

With 22 seconds remaining in the half.

Without any timeouts.

Spiking the ball wasn’t an option, either, as the play call in question came on third down.

Anthony Lynn was unable to get their field-goal team lined up before the clock expired. The period ended with an illegal-shift penalty and the Chargers down by a touchdown.

You don’t see that every day.

“Actually, they also did that two weeks ago,” remarked a chuckling Chargers beat writer two seats away in the socially-distanced press box at SoFi Stadium.

The play said more about the Chargers than the final score on Sunday, 20-17 in their favor over the equally-lousy Atlanta Falcons.

The Chargers are the one-of-a-kind last-place team that is worse than their 4-9 record indicates, as a never-ending succession of on-field gaffes have threatened to turn them into football’s version of the Sterling-era Clippers.

About the only reason they haven’t become complete laughingstocks is because SoFi Stadium remains closed to the public.

Imagine if it were open.

With the four-win Falcons visiting, this 70,000-seat architectural marvel would have been, what, half empty? Three-quarters empty?

They literally would have been booed off the field when they stunk up the joint in a 45-0 loss to the New England Patriots.
          The “Are You Kidding Me” finish to the first half against the Falcons would have elicited even more jeers.

“Let me tell you this, and I don’t want to elaborate on it, but you cannot run the ball in that situation,” Lynn said in a postgame videoconference.

Rookie quarterback Justin Herbert said the plan was to spike the ball after Kalen Ballage gained the yard necessary for a first down. Evidently, whoever called the play didn’t consider the possibility Ballage might be stopped short.

And that is what happened. The offense was still on the field when the field-goal team came on, resulting in a penalty.

But even if Ballage had reached the marker, the Chargers would have ultimately kicked a field goal, in which case the potential reward didn’t justify the risk.

The sequence cost the Chargers three points, which nearly cost them the game. The game was tied until Herbert drove them down the field to set up Michael Badgley’s 43-yard field goal on the final play.

Lynn refused to reveal who called the play, but whether it was offensive coordinator Shane Steichen or someone else, the responsibility is the head coach’s. Lynn assumed control of special teams last week, but that is not an excuse.

“That’s an area where we have got to improve as a coaching staff communication-wise,” Lynn said. “And we will.”

Except mistakes such as this are being made on a weekly basis. A comeback win over another last-place team doesn’t change that.

While an in-house audience would have intensified the Chargers’ humiliations, it also would have provided the team’s tone-deaf owner with an extremely helpful barometer.

If Spanos hasn’t learned that, the fans would have informed him. Every chorus of boos, every empty seat, every paper-bag mask would have served notice that change was required.

In Los Angeles, once a team is branded a joke, the label is hard to shake. Look at the Clippers. They now have one of the best owners in professional sports, they successfully recruited Kawhi Leonard and the city still views them as losers.

The Chargers are moving in that direction, their brand gradually diminished with every cartoonish mistake. The harm isn’t beyond the point of repair, but the same pandemic that has limited their embarrassment could keep them from seeing and hearing the signs that they are about to be permanently scarred.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/charg...an-spanos-fans
          Lynn getting killed here

Comment

• SBbound
            Casual fanatic
            • Feb 2019
            • Merced/San Diego
            • Send PM

Lynn and company are toast so let's enjoy a win or two as this season draws to a close. The future is very bright and I can't wait for the new coaching staff, '21 draft, training camp, and to attend games again.

Comment

• TTThunder
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I agree 100 percent. Wow, what if Herbert is able to win these last three against division opponents? And wins rookie of the year and breaks records in the process? Think about what that means for him personally and his confidence going into his sophomore season. Even if he wins 2 of 3, it will be more valuable and beneficial than drafting Sewell or forcing a coaching change.
              I think you underestimate how Lynn's bizarre decision will have frustration effects on Hebert....

A few weeks ago, he was apparent frustrated during the post game interview...

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Bolts are currently at 4-9. If we win 2 of 3, we are at 6-10. Still more than enough reason to fire Lynn & Co. BTW, I would like us to win 2/3--enough to bolster Herbie's confidence a bit...
                Career head coaching record of 500.

Comment

• Berserker76
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by labound View Post
                  Lynn and company are toast so let's enjoy a win or two as this season draws to a close. The future is very bright and I can't wait for the new coaching staff, '21 draft, training camp, and to attend games again.
                  Amen. Get a couple of wins so the guys can go out on a high note. JH has proven that he can rise above even the worst of coaching, so there's that. Just playing out these last few games is priceless experience for the rook. Looking forward to next year which is going to be THE YEAR. Isn't that the Charger way?

Comment

• JustAnotherFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2020
                    • Send PM

My best case:

Chargers lose all 3 games by one score.

In each game, there is an obvious coaching error that leaves points on the field, making the firing of Lynn mandatory.
                    (The end of the first half of the Falcons game was SO absurd, given the context of recent bad clock management.)

Herbert throws for at least 2 TDs and 250 yards in each game.

Like many who have said before, I am WAY more worried that 3 final wins would give an excuse to keep Lynn, than I am of moving down in the draft.

As long as Herbert does well, I am confident he will not lose confidence in himself over losses that are obviously not his fault.

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by JustAnotherFan View Post
                      My best case:

In each game, there is an obvious coaching error that leaves points on the field, making the firing of Lynn mandatory.
                      (The end of the first half of the Falcons game was SO absurd, given the context of recent bad clock management.)

Like many who have said before, I am WAY more worried that 3 final wins would give an excuse to keep Lynn, than I am of moving down in the draft.

As long as Herbert does well, I am confident he will not lose confidence in himself over losses that are obviously not his fault.
                      Key point.

im confused as to why so many are suddenly worried about his confidence
                      give the kid credit, he’s tough, his confidence in 2021 doesn’t hinge on these next three games.

The only psychological damage people should worry about is the discouraging feeling that he has to repeat this train wreck of a season with Lynn as HC again in 2021.

I can’t imagine the horror being a Herbert, Bosa or Allen waking up to that news.
                      G-Ro knows.

Comment

• northerner
                        Charger fan since '79
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

such a loaded question to begin with. my biggest wish is for the chargers to win the super bowl, so losing the next 3 games probably helps attain that goal better than winning the next 3 games.

i won't be crying any tears if they lose the next 3 games. even one win could throw us back a few spots in the draft order.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by JustAnotherFan View Post
                          My best case:

I could give a darn about losing draft position because they win games.

I am more concerned that one more win guarantees him a job for next year; two wins I put it at 98%, if they sweep, he will be back

So though I want them to win an AFCW game and beat the Raiders, Broncos and Chiefs - I also realize the one true way he loses his job is to get beat three more times and really embarrassed tonight because of bad special teams and bad clock management

Granted, game time, I will NOT be rooting for them to lose - but I also know - if they do lose, that probably helps make the change that is needed. Which is sad as the data is there already.

Comment

Working...
                          X