Are You Rooting For The Chargers To Win Or Lose The Final Three Games?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

If Lynn is fired, how much faith do you have that a new coach will be any better with Telesco/Spanos making the decision?
    My hope would be that they see the last two hires as not successful and go back to what has worked - when they hired Boss Ross and Marty. Granted, there aren't any coaches out there now with Marty's history that will be available. Meaning a person HC of a three teams on the market. I think a guy like Harbaugh would represent that though to the Spanii.

Comment

• MasterOfPuppets
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2017
      • Tijuana
      • Send PM

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
        I think the players took the L out of the coaches hands and created a W. Those are special. I think we won the game and everyone got to see the staff make mistakes. I still think the staff is done despite the team winning out.

The fans would lose it.

Theres a reason why i let so many coaching threads stay up. I want the team to see what fans are saying. And i know they watch.
        The press in LA has been unmerciful in their criticism of Lynn. This morning after a win they said if Spanos don’t fire Lynn they will become a laughingstock in LA

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

I root for wins because losses are toxic. And can kill a young player. LIke a rookie QB. Yes the high draft pick means a lot....but Herbert winning games like this? Way more valuable to him personally. I think the losses were getting to him. We need to learn how to win. Id rather it start in the face of terrible coaching mistakes.
          Exactly. Bosa said he was “proud” of Herbert yesterday. That means something. Herbert has all the physical tools. He just needs belief and confidence. Winning is the only way to get that

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

I think the players took the L out of the coaches hands and created a W. Those are special. I think we won the game and everyone got to see the staff make mistakes. I still think the staff is done despite the team winning out.

The fans would lose it.

Theres a reason why i let so many coaching threads stay up. I want the team to see what fans are saying. And i know they watch.
            hmm, then i should start another lol

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

If Lynn is fired, how much faith do you have that a new coach will be any better with Telesco/Spanos making the decision?
              I don't but I know this staff has to go.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Birmingham AL
                • Send PM

This sums up my feelings exactly.

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

The fans would lose it.

We should ask chaincrusher to change his name to Lynncrusher
                  Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                    • Feb 2019
                    • McLean Illinois
                    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                    • Send PM

I can't help it, I want Herbie to win some games....but my consolation prize for each loss is the better draft position. So I am chill, and having fun either way.

What I care about most is keeping Herbert in one piece, win or lose, until we can get a healthy, consistent, and competent group in front of him.
                    Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

The press in LA has been unmerciful in their criticism of Lynn. This morning after a win they said if Spanos don’t fire Lynn they will become a laughingstock in LA
                      Yep...like THIS?:

times bolts joke.JPG

From their opponents’ eight-yard line, the Chargers ran the ball.

With 22 seconds remaining in the half.

Without any timeouts.

Spiking the ball wasn’t an option, either, as the play call in question came on third down.

Anthony Lynn was unable to get their field-goal team lined up before the clock expired. The period ended with an illegal-shift penalty and the Chargers down by a touchdown.

You don’t see that every day.

“Actually, they also did that two weeks ago,” remarked a chuckling Chargers beat writer two seats away in the socially-distanced press box at SoFi Stadium.

The play said more about the Chargers than the final score on Sunday, 20-17 in their favor over the equally-lousy Atlanta Falcons.

The Chargers are the one-of-a-kind last-place team that is worse than their 4-9 record indicates, as a never-ending succession of on-field gaffes have threatened to turn them into football’s version of the Sterling-era Clippers.

About the only reason they haven’t become complete laughingstocks is because SoFi Stadium remains closed to the public.

Imagine if it were open.

With the four-win Falcons visiting, this 70,000-seat architectural marvel would have been, what, half empty? Three-quarters empty?

They literally would have been booed off the field when they stunk up the joint in a 45-0 loss to the New England Patriots.
                      The “Are You Kidding Me” finish to the first half against the Falcons would have elicited even more jeers.

“Let me tell you this, and I don’t want to elaborate on it, but you cannot run the ball in that situation,” Lynn said in a postgame videoconference.

Rookie quarterback Justin Herbert said the plan was to spike the ball after Kalen Ballage gained the yard necessary for a first down. Evidently, whoever called the play didn’t consider the possibility Ballage might be stopped short.

And that is what happened. The offense was still on the field when the field-goal team came on, resulting in a penalty.

But even if Ballage had reached the marker, the Chargers would have ultimately kicked a field goal, in which case the potential reward didn’t justify the risk.

The sequence cost the Chargers three points, which nearly cost them the game. The game was tied until Herbert drove them down the field to set up Michael Badgley’s 43-yard field goal on the final play.

Lynn refused to reveal who called the play, but whether it was offensive coordinator Shane Steichen or someone else, the responsibility is the head coach’s. Lynn assumed control of special teams last week, but that is not an excuse.

“That’s an area where we have got to improve as a coaching staff communication-wise,” Lynn said. “And we will.”

Except mistakes such as this are being made on a weekly basis. A comeback win over another last-place team doesn’t change that.

While an in-house audience would have intensified the Chargers’ humiliations, it also would have provided the team’s tone-deaf owner with an extremely helpful barometer.

If Spanos hasn’t learned that, the fans would have informed him. Every chorus of boos, every empty seat, every paper-bag mask would have served notice that change was required.

In Los Angeles, once a team is branded a joke, the label is hard to shake. Look at the Clippers. They now have one of the best owners in professional sports, they successfully recruited Kawhi Leonard and the city still views them as losers.

The Chargers are moving in that direction, their brand gradually diminished with every cartoonish mistake. The harm isn’t beyond the point of repair, but the same pandemic that has limited their embarrassment could keep them from seeing and hearing the signs that they are about to be permanently scarred.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/charg...an-spanos-fans

Comment

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I agree, scary.
                        My message to my Charger brothers is...
                        If you KNOW winning improves the chance Lynn is retained and root for taking that chance, I hope I don’t read Lynn bashing from you in 2021.
                        We should all agree to that right?
                        the risks don’t seem too bad until you have to experience them, and that’s what’s being missed imo in all the feel-good win-vibes.

there are seriously implications with 3 more wins, I’d rather not risk a single one.
                        I agree that losses are more helpful.

If Lynn is kept, however, I will be first in line to bash him in 2021. And I might add Telesco and the Spanoses to the list of "bashees" as well.

Comment

• jubei
                          Vagabond Ninja
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

I agree 100 percent. Wow, what if Herbert is able to win these last three against division opponents? And wins rookie of the year and breaks records in the process? Think about what that means for him personally and his confidence going into his sophomore season. Even if he wins 2 of 3, it will be more valuable and beneficial than drafting Sewell or forcing a coaching change.
                          if all this happens lynn would for sure be retained. Ideal scenario for me is Herbert obliterates all rookie records, wins rookie of the year unanimously, we score a 35+ per game, but there are still monumental coaching collapses that cause us to lose all 3.

Comment

Working...
                          X