Are You Rooting For The Chargers To Win Or Lose The Final Three Games?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Losses to get rid of the coach/gm really doesn't guarantee that it will happen. The Ownership does take its time in evaluating the results, to a fault. I just don't know if adding losses will actually help the ownership to make that decision, but maybe shame from their peers might.

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

When seasons turn sour, and i want the head coach gone - i want them to lose, but in a competitive fashion: and with a touch of the bizarre thrown in.

I think A Lynn, Gus and Steich have the qualities to get it done!

New coaching staff, top pick....what is better than that?

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
        I root for wins because losses are toxic. And can kill a young player. LIke a rookie QB. Yes the high draft pick means a lot....but Herbert winning games like this? Way more valuable to him personally. I think the losses were getting to him. We need to learn how to win. Id rather it start in the face of terrible coaching mistakes.
        I agree 100 percent. Wow, what if Herbert is able to win these last three against division opponents? And wins rookie of the year and breaks records in the process? Think about what that means for him personally and his confidence going into his sophomore season. Even if he wins 2 of 3, it will be more valuable and beneficial than drafting Sewell or forcing a coaching change.

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I don't want them to lose but if they win games - Lynn will keep his job if he wins one of the final three (I think) which would be a detriment to the long term career of Justin Herbert.

If somebody told me today Lynn is gone no matter what - hell yeah , beat the Raiders and Broncos.
          Two wins out of next three.....and Lynn is back at 500. Fire a five hundred coach?

Beating a K.C. team who plays their 3rd stringers by the fourth......worst fucking scenario.
          Beat a KC team scrapping for the top spot...hell yes!

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I agree 100 percent. Wow, what if Herbert is able to win these last three against division opponents? And wins rookie of the year and breaks records in the process? Think about what that means for him personally and his confidence going into his sophomore season. Even if he wins 2 of 3, it will be more valuable and beneficial than drafting Sewell or forcing a coaching change.
            If it means keeping Lynn, Gus and Stewart...then i dont care about records. Still think Sewell helps more than winning the last few games and Herbert being happy. Our RBs will benefit from Sewell as well.

Troy Aikman had a very rough rookie season at Dallas and turned out fine an won 3 super bowls later. Herbert will be fine.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

If it means keeping Lynn, Gus and Stewart...then i dont care about records. Still think Sewell helps more than winning the last few games and Herbert being happy. Our RBs will benefit from Sewell as well.

Troy Aikman had a very rough rookie season at Dallas and turned out fine an won 3 super bowls later. Herbert will be fine.
              I think if Lynn is still the coach in 2021 - that will do more harm to maybe no Herberts career but the succes of the franchise

Therefore, I will be rooting for the team to win games but if they get blitzed on national TV thursday and that propels Lynn to be fired, so be it

His comment about what happened at the end of the first half as being an "easy fix" shows he is clueless as a head coach as it happened two games ago.

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

I think the players took the L out of the coaches hands and created a W. Those are special. I think we won the game and everyone got to see the staff make mistakes. I still think the staff is done despite the team winning out.

The fans would lose it.

Theres a reason why i let so many coaching threads stay up. I want the team to see what fans are saying. And i know they watch.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

I think the players took the L out of the coaches hands and created a W. Those are special. I think we won the game and everyone got to see the staff make mistakes. I still think the staff is done despite the team winning out.

The fans would lose it.

Theres a reason why i let so many coaching threads stay up. I want the team to see what fans are saying. And i know they watch.
                  But its Dean Spanos - and I think fans have this anticipation he will not see the blunders but say winning two of the final four after the worst loss ever to show how he is the right leader for the team

Even Breer today referenced how he is well liked/respected in the building. Though Breer did think he would be let go still.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

If Lynn is fired, how much faith do you have that a new coach will be any better with Telesco/Spanos making the decision?

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Two wins out of next three.....and Lynn is back at 500. Fire a five hundred coach?

Beating a K.C. team who plays their 3rd stringers by the fourth......worst fucking scenario.
                      Beat a KC team scrapping for the top spot...hell yes!
                      Bolts are currently at 4-9. If we win 2 of 3, we are at 6-10. Still more than enough reason to fire Lynn & Co. BTW, I would like us to win 2/3--enough to bolster Herbie's confidence a bit...

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

If Lynn is fired, how much faith do you have that a new coach will be any better with Telesco/Spanos making the decision?
                        Addition by subtraction...

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

The fans would lose it.

Fleet, and the Bolt Brass needs to see this. In the absence of fans, this forum is one of the few ways for them to gauge fan sentiment...and right now, it's at an all-time low, except maybe for the Leaf days...

Comment

Working...
                          X