Are You Rooting For The Chargers To Win Or Lose The Final Three Games?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

I think it was marcelus wiley who used a fitting phrase
    "dont sacrifice what you want the most, for what you want now"
    Rooting for 3 wins is what we all want now
    A better chance at replacing Lynn is what most of us want most
    We simply do not know for certain that Lynn will be fired, so you can choose to believe that, TO enjoy 3 wins without thinking about the potential consequences
    but it will be nothing short of hypocritical to complain if Lynn is retained. I don't see how that is disputable really.

rooting for wins at this point is like drinking alcohol
    Enjoyable, but not helpful in your ultimate goal
    after a rough season, we all deserve a little instant gratification
    just don't complain about how bad the hangover
    Last edited by 21&500; 12-17-2020, 08:51 AM. Reason: Grammer
    G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
      I think it was marcelus wiley who used a fitting phrase
      "dont sacrifice what you want the most, for what you want now"
      Rooting for 3 wins is what we all want now
      A better chance at replacing Lynn is what most of us want most
      We simply do not know for certain that Lynn will be fired, so you can choose to believe that, TO enjoy 3 wins without thinking about the potential consequences
      but it will be nothing short of hypocritical to complain if Lynn is retained. I don't see how that is disputable really.

rooting for wins at this point is like drinking alcohol
      Enjoyable, but not helpful in your ultimate goal
      after a rough season, we all deserve a little instant gratification
      just don't complain about how bad the hangover
      I won't root for them to lose but do understand - whats best for the long term future - besides JohnnyBoy leaving the building would be to replace Lynn

In the big picture -- losing these last three games would be better for 2021 than winning 1, 2 or 3 games. And I don't mean draft position.

Comment

• eaterfan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2020
        • Send PM

I want wins...

But most of all I want the team to draft in the top 5-6 and Lynn gone. Hopefully, both can be achieved. We're out of the Sewell sweepstakes. So moving up in the draft is pretty meaningless. I just want the team to be in a position to trade down to a QB needy team in the top 15 if they like the offer.

Here's a list of possible trading partners needs a QB division:

Carolina - Drafting 6 as of now. Could definitely use a franchise QB but Bridgewater is a capable game manager.
        San Fran - Drafting 12. I think they are ready to move on from Jimmy G.
        Chicago - Drafting 15. Mitchell Trubisky is their starter, enough said.
        Washington - Drafting 19. Need a QB, but that's a long way to trade up. Good news is that their draft position is contingent on winning the division. Record wise they are drafting between 14-17
        New England - Drafting 17. I think they need a new QB. May be too low for us to trade down with.

Possible trading partners may take a QB and have a good pick division:

Atlanta - Drafting 7. If they can get out of Matt Ryan's contract they may trade him and draft someone. Trading Ryan to SF or Chi obviously takes them off the list.
        Detroit - Drafting 11. Basically the same as Atlanta. Both these teams are cash straps and have QBs who could actually fetch real trade value.
        Dallas - Drafting 5. We've hit the more unlikely scenarios at this point. Dak is probably staying, but if not, they will take a QB. If he left, Dak would also knock another team off the list.
        NYG - Drafting 10. Are they ready to give up on Daniel Jones? Also, if they win the division they draft lower.
        Denver - Drafting 13. Is Drew Lock really the answer? We've seen Elway move on from guys quickly. He's got to be looking at Mahomes and Herbert and wishing he had a star QB.

Stay in front of as many of these teams as you can and play them against each other to move down a little and get some good value and lots more picks.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by eaterfan View Post
          I want wins...

But most of all I want the team to draft in the top 5-6 and Lynn gone. Hopefully, both can be achieved. We're out of the Sewell sweepstakes. So moving up in the draft is pretty meaningless. I just want the team to be in a position to trade down to a QB needy team in the top 15 if they like the offer.

Here's a list of possible trading partners needs a QB division:

Carolina - Drafting 6 as of now. Could definitely use a franchise QB but Bridgewater is a capable game manager.
          San Fran - Drafting 12. I think they are ready to move on from Jimmy G.
          Chicago - Drafting 15. Mitchell Trubisky is their starter, enough said.
          Washington - Drafting 19. Need a QB, but that's a long way to trade up. Good news is that their draft position is contingent on winning the division. Record wise they are drafting between 14-17
          New England - Drafting 17. I think they need a new QB. May be too low for us to trade down with.

Possible trading partners may take a QB and have a good pick division:

Atlanta - Drafting 7. If they can get out of Matt Ryan's contract they may trade him and draft someone. Trading Ryan to SF or Chi obviously takes them off the list.
          Detroit - Drafting 11. Basically the same as Atlanta. Both these teams are cash straps and have QBs who could actually fetch real trade value.
          Dallas - Drafting 5. We've hit the more unlikely scenarios at this point. Dak is probably staying, but if not, they will take a QB. If he left, Dak would also knock another team off the list.
          NYG - Drafting 10. Are they ready to give up on Daniel Jones? Also, if they win the division they draft lower.
          Denver - Drafting 13. Is Drew Lock really the answer? We've seen Elway move on from guys quickly. He's got to be looking at Mahomes and Herbert and wishing he had a star QB.

Stay in front of as many of these teams as you can and play them against each other to move down a little and get some good value and lots more picks.
          Matty Ice Ryan is probably not going anywhere - they really do not have the cap space to eat that contract. Its not the salary its the already paid bonus in dead cap
          I think the Washington Football TEam might be moving on from Haskins, they do have Alex Smith but they might be in for the long haul rookie QB for one year
          CArolina - has the cap space to have a rookie sit for a year behind Bridgewater
          Chicago - I don't see Truby as the long term answer
          Patriots - if you trade with Hoodie - you better really win the deal!!! Make them overpay
          Denver -- I am not sure Lock is the long term
          Detroit - they can absorb Matthew Stafford's dead cap hit - so they might be looking at QB especially with a new GM

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Matty Ice Ryan is probably not going anywhere - they really do not have the cap space to eat that contract. Its not the salary its the already paid bonus in dead cap
            I think the Washington Football TEam might be moving on from Haskins, they do have Alex Smith but they might be in for the long haul rookie QB for one year
            CArolina - has the cap space to have a rookie sit for a year behind Bridgewater
            Chicago - I don't see Truby as the long term answer
            Patriots - if you trade with Hoodie - you better really win the deal!!! Make them overpay
            Denver -- I am not sure Lock is the long term
            Detroit - they can absorb Matthew Stafford's dead cap hit - so they might be looking at QB especially with a new GM
            Who says any of these teams will not draft replacements for QB. In 2-3 years both Matt Stafford and Matt Ryan could be traded or out of football altogether. This could be the year that Matt replacements are on the books regardless of cap hits.
            Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Charge!
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
              I understand the desire to ensure Lynn's ouster and have a chance to draft Penei Sewell. If the Chargers drop these last three against their AFC rivals and go winless in the division for the second consecutive season I don't see how Lynn survives. I'm ready to move on from Lynn, but I can't root against my team. And losing all three is not going to help Herbert's psyche and confidence going into his second season, and developing Herbert into a winner is more important than anything else.

Where are you on this? I'm rooting for my team to win no matter what. It's the way I'm wired. I know some fans here believe the Chargers are better off losing out to put the pressure on the Spanos family to make a coaching change, and maybe move on from Telesco as well, and to improve next year's draft position. I'm not criticizing anyone for taking that position, because I understand it and a part of me feels the same way. But a bigger part of me wants the Chargers to win no matter what.
              If Lynn and gus were already fired, I would be all over winning as many games as possible...... but i truely believe if we win out against 3 bad teams and a KC team that may be resting everyone on last week(though Reid has dominated Chargers with backups before in same situation).....that Ownership will keep Lynn and maybe stupidly extend him..... the only way Lynn gets fired is if we lose out..... and embarrassingly with stupid blunders like clock management, etc..... like has been happening for every year under Lynn......

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

If Lynn and gus were already fired, I would be all over winning as many games as possible...... but i truely believe if we win out against 3 bad teams and a KC team that may be resting everyone on last week(though Reid has dominated Chargers with backups before in same situation).....that Ownership will keep Lynn and maybe stupidly extend him..... the only way Lynn gets fired is if we lose out..... and embarrassingly with stupid blunders like clock management, etc..... like has been happening for every year under Lynn......
                This is my thought process. I almost think they need to lose tonight on National TV and have bad special teams AND more clock/game management issues

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Who says any of these teams will not draft replacements for QB. In 2-3 years both Matt Stafford and Matt Ryan could be traded or out of football altogether. This could be the year that Matt replacements are on the books regardless of cap hits.
                  Thats true. I can see Atlanta and Detroit both wanting to draft long term QBs and have the ability to sit a year. Probably wasn't clear enough when I went team by team

For Atlanta - I think they have to keep Ryan for one more year cap wise... huge hit if he is released at this time.

Comment

• Eurobolt
                    *** Jim Harbaugh ***
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Send PM

All loses just to make sure Lynn is gone

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post
                      All loses just to make sure Lynn is gone
                      Either that or three major gaffes by the coaches in each of the last three games would do it for me. 3 meaningless victories will only damage the chargers for next year so I'm just rooting for Herbert to break stats and look good enough to attract coaching talent!
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Either that or three major gaffes by the coaches in each of the last three games would do it for me. 3 meaningless victories will only damage the chargers for next year so I'm just rooting for Herbert to break stats and look good enough to attract coaching talent!
                        One would think the decision has been made already. The body of work is there to have reviewed.

I think the Raiders will run all over the Chargers tonight. The Chargers will try to run over the Raiders and fail.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

This is my thought process. I almost think they need to lose tonight on National TV and have bad special teams AND more clock/game management issues
                          My belief is that if Lynn wins even one of the remaining three, Spanos won't extend his contract next year but will let Lynn coach out the last year of his current contract to prove it or lose it. If Lynn loses all three it will guarantee his firing in January. I am going to root like mad for the Chargers to win all three games, but if they lose them there is a silver lining, from my perspective. In a way, it's like the Chargers can't lose. If they win they win. If they lose they win.

Comment

Working...
                          X