Are You Rooting For The Chargers To Win Or Lose The Final Three Games?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

One would think the decision has been made already. The body of work is there to have reviewed.
    He's been our coach for 61 regular season games - they won't learn anything new about him in 3 more games.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

He's been our coach for 61 regular season games - they won't learn anything new about him in 3 more games.
      The thing is though, when you evaluate all 61 games it doesn't look that bad. He was a winner over the first 32 games and even now is still a .500 coach.

Comment

• Critty
        Dominate the Day.
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Yes.
        Win All 3.
        Herbert revenge tour.
        They all got Lucky and JH10 knows it.
        Who has it better than us?

Comment

• CivilBolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2019
          • Send PM

If ST and D would have showed up in those games, we could have won both. Sigh, the what ifs.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
            Outback Goon
            • Sep 2018
            • Australia
            • Send PM

when the players play hard i want them to win.

Only 1 game this season have i seen the players not play hard.

Comment

• jubei
              Vagabond Ninja
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

I want Herbert to win, obliterate all rookie records, destroy lock on his way to OROY...but afraid that'd show the spanos-nothing that they should keep lynn.

Comment

• TTThunder
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by TTThunder View Post

Short term, I always want us to win.

​​​​​​But for longer term, for the sake of Herbert, changing of HC, to the one who can maximize his potential, should benefit him more...

So I am on board with changing HC (even that meant 0-6 for 2 years in a row) to get a new direction for the team!

Go Bolts!!!
                ​​​​​​
                After sawing Herbert so happy in the post game interview after the Raiders game, I changed my mind and "Let's win the remaining 2 games!"...

Before that, I felt sorry for him having to answer those questions. (Some are quite stupid.) As time passed, you can notice the frustration coming out... Last week was the first time I see him smile happily answering the questions...

Go Bolts!!!

PS.
                1. Hopefully, no matter what the record will be, there will be a new HC. (I don't think Lynn can maximize Herbert's potential, so do not waste time on him anymore...)

2. Also, please do get a much improved OL. You need to protect your most valuable asset. (If in doubt, see Andrew Luck case...)

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Have to admit, I got that goosebump feeling watching Herbert roll on the ground after the OT TD with his linemen draped over him
                  kid said it aloud, “living the dream”
                  Couldn’t happen to a better guy, I’ll be anxious about Lynn potentially staying if we win, but even more happy for big 10
                  G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

I hope that we win our last two games. I’m afraid that we will keep Lynn because of this win streak. The only way he should come back is if there’s actual change in how he approaches the game. Unfortunately, even in our past two wins, I haven’t seen it. It boggles my mind that this is the same guy who went for two to beat KC in 2018. For gosh sake, he has an analytics person tell him the percentages to go for it as well on 4th downs. His first down passes actually went up in 2018. How did it go down over these last two years?

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                      I hope that we win our last two games. I’m afraid that we will keep Lynn because of this win streak. The only way he should come back is if there’s actual change in how he approaches the game. Unfortunately, even in our past two wins, I haven’t seen it. It boggles my mind that this is the same guy who went for two to beat KC in 2018. For gosh sake, he has an analytics person tell him the percentages to go for it as well on 4th downs. His first down passes actually went up in 2018. How did it go down over these last two years?
                      I'd be shocked if Lynn changed his approach to anything. He is stubborn and will always play not to lose instead of going for the win. Rivers clearly masked a lot of his flaws. If for some God awful reason they bring him back, we'd better hope Herbert quickly gets comfortable enough to save Lynn from himself.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I'd be shocked if Lynn changed his approach to anything. He is stubborn and will always play not to lose instead of going for the win. Rivers clearly masked a lot of his flaws. If for some God awful reason they bring him back, we'd better hope Herbert quickly gets comfortable enough to save Lynn from himself.
                        Here is the thing - in Poppers mailbag this week he laid out why he thinks Lynn will be back. All the same jibber jabber talk: respected in the locker room, overall record of .500, lead the team from the move, all that jazz. So I do think Lynn and Telesco will be back

And if that is the case - my hope is that he does bring in his two pals - Rex or Haley as they might be the type of guy - not on the sideline, but after the game to go "WTF ALynn!!" Maybe if he had two guys, that were his guys, that could be truthful that would help him Thats my hope as I know he is coming back that he at least brings in Rex for the defense. Or somebody other than Bradley

I think the only way he truly loses his job is if come Sunday they are beat by three scores to the Broncos and again, Lynn has trouble with managing the game and what not.

Comment

• Attack
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Here is the thing - in Poppers mailbag this week he laid out why he thinks Lynn will be back. All the same jibber jabber talk: respected in the locker room, overall record of .500, lead the team from the move, all that jazz. So I do think Lynn and Telesco will be back

And if that is the case - my hope is that he does bring in his two pals - Rex or Haley as they might be the type of guy - not on the sideline, but after the game to go "WTF ALynn!!" Maybe if he had two guys, that were his guys, that could be truthful that would help him Thats my hope as I know he is coming back that he at least brings in Rex for the defense. Or somebody other than Bradley

I think the only way he truly loses his job is if come Sunday they are beat by three scores to the Broncos and again, Lynn has trouble with managing the game and what not.
                          Agree. I think Lynn will be back. And Telesco too. I can't see Telesco being axed just after drafting the future in Herbert. If next season is full of blunders, then both of them will be gone. Bringing in a new coach this offseason and then axing Telesco after next season makes no sense either, as the new GM would be saddled with a coach from the prior regime.

I hope Lynn brings in Rex to run the D too. He's aggressive and would be a good change.

Comment

Working...
                          X