• Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Stud!

Comment

• TTThunder
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

No RB in the first 3 round!!! We can utilize those picks a lot more effective on other positions...

I'd like OL, DL, Pass rushers with our first 3 picks...

Go TT!!!

Comment

• rikardo
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

If we take care of the o-line in FA (OG and center) I say draft him in the first and a best player available (NT or ILB) in the 2nd

Comment

• Panamamike
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by rikardo View Post
          If we take care of the o-line in FA (OG and center) I say draft him in the first and a best player available (NT or ILB) in the 2nd
          I am not a fan of your plan. I'd rather let Carreathers continue to develop at NT, add a FA ILB, and use the first two picks elsewhere.

Comment

• Beerman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Eastlake
            • Send PM

Freeney And JJ are gone. We need NEED PASS RUSH.

1st pick needs to be a dominant pass rusher. This draft is loaded with them. That or go out and sign Houston (would be my first choice).

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Houston will get tagged at the very least.

Comment

• QSmokey
                Guardedly Optimistic
                • Jun 2013
                • Kuna, Idaho
                • Retired
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                Houston will get tagged at the very least.
                Agreed. And Demaryus (sp?) Thomas (another whom many would like us to pursue). And Suh is not even on our radar, IMO. So there's your "Big Three" Free Agents that we'd be smart NOT to discuss any longer.

Now, JULIUS Thomas might be available; but do we even consider a guy at a position where we have Gates and Green? I say no.

Comment

• Beerman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Eastlake
                  • Send PM

Tagging an OLB is a very expensive proposition. There's a reason they drafted Ford. They are already paying Hali a ton.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
                    Tagging an OLB is a very expensive proposition. There's a reason they drafted Ford. They are already paying Hali a ton.
                    My guess is because they lost both Houston and Hali to injury at the same time and had no depth. We'll see what happens.

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

They finally get an elite pass rusher in Houston...who is only 25 with an aging Hali. No way they let him go. I see Ford taking over for a cut Hali who will save them 9 million in cap money once released. They are also Way under the cap going into 2016 so a lot of that guaranteed money can go to Houston then. I think they sign him long term. But like i said at the very least he gets a tag. LOL theres no way they let a 25 year old stud like this get away. Hes being talked about in the same discussion as Watt for MVP. Houston is just now getting into his prime. I couldnt have been more wrong about Houston coming out. I think BJ had this one right.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

From everything I have read, they will likely tag him if they can't sign him to a long term contract. Their problem is they are only $683k under the cap for the 2015 season as of now, so they have some major restructuring to do no matter what they decide.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                          They finally get an elite pass rusher in Houston...who is only 25 with an aging Hali. No way they let him go. I see Ford taking over for a cut Hali who will save them 9 million in cap money once released. They are also Way under the cap going into 2016 so a lot of that guaranteed money can go to Houston then. I think they sign him long term.
                          I had no idea about Hali's contract so your probably right. If they cut him they will probably need another OLB. I was never sold on Ford though.

But like i said at the very least he gets a tag. LOL theres no way they let a 25 year old stud like this get away. Hes being talked about in the same discussion as Watt for MVP. Houston is just now getting into his prime. I couldnt have been more wrong about Houston coming out. I think BJ had this one right.
                          I loved Houston coming out and i wanted us to pick him in the first round .He was a steal and i was yelling for AJ to pick him. Pot or something i think was an issue. I cant recall.

Comment

Working...
                          X