• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faded blues
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
    I disagree. Feelings won't matter, money does and the Chargers aren't a money maker in LA. The Raiders make more sense than the Chargers but a open slot in LA is most valuable of all. They can keep the threat of moving to LA for any team that needs a new stadium in the future. And if a stadium is already there ready to go, it will be a real threat, not these half baked Carson-like threats.

Rams go to LA, Chargers stay in SD and who cares about the Raiders.
    This plus 100

Team value is nothing if your liquid poor. Dean needs liquidity more than appraised value.

Rams are going no matter what and will have a stadium built sooner than anyone else.

No need for two stadiums. So the questions does dean want to be SAMs bitch or by the man down here with the potential to make more cash

Comment

• TTK
      EX-Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • America's Finest City
      • Send PM

If the NFL feels sorry in any way for Dean, they'll throw him a few bones via Kroenke's relocation fees and I think that's why Fabiani keeps vomiting the "25% of our fanbase is from LA/OC/Inland Empire" crap.

Comment

fender57
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

If Deano's too poor to keep up, perhaps it's time to sell the team.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
          Grammar Police
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

And were would the new owner move the team?
          Go Rivers!

Comment

fender57
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Not the point, I just think if Deano keeps touting the poverty line, then he should get out and sell to someone who can keep up.

Comment

• Peremptor
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
              http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/spor...297902991.html

Save our Boltz music video released.

SMH
              For some reason I only get sound from the left speaker... well that's nice.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                No Sir, I Dont Like It
                • Jun 2013
                • Section 457
                • Migrant Film Worker
                • Send PM

Not a great song, but at least somebody is showing a little fight.
                Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                sigpic

Comment

• Den60
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
                  it's funny the Chargers never laid claim to part of the LA market when the Rams and/or Raiders were there- but now think that's something they own- because ~15k or so NFL starved football fans north of SD limits buys season tickets. I hope that gets argued in court at some point to see how valid their claim is and the Pandora's box it would open if successful. I would bet the majority of local current season ticket holders do not renew and follow the team in LA if they go. I'd also bet the majority of the 15K change allegiance back to the Rams or Raiders if they come back and no way do I see 60k LA fans forking over $3k each for Chargers PSLs either. I went to the Carson TC a few years ago and attendance was sparse and the commute sucked. So did looking at the smokestack of the nearby oil refinery and breathing the shitty air. The site is also in the flight path of LAX so noise may suck as well. It's really shortsighted to focus so much on that meager 25% at the risk of alienating the other 75% and their hometown fan base and probably tanking merchandise sales for a good long time. Those sales are normally the 2nd highest revenue for teams IIRC. If the team turns down a reasonable plan in San Diego thinking there is some Gold mine waiting for them in LA, I think they will be sadly disappointed and regret losing what they had pretty quickly.
                  Carson is nowhere near the flight path of LAX. Inglewood is much closer and that is where a stadium in LA is likely to be built.

Comment

• Wheels
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • San Diego
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
                    Carson is nowhere near the flight path of LAX. Inglewood is much closer and that is where a stadium in LA is likely to be built.
                    I was wondering that myself. I go to LAX more often than I'd like, and on the way, you can see the planes lined up for approach in the distance right about when you're driving through Carson, if the smog isn't too bad at the time.

Comment

• KNSD
                      Registered Charger Hater
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

LAX flight path goes east-west. Carson is south.
                      Prediction:
                      Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
                      Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
                      Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• Wheels
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • San Diego
                        • Send PM

Right, that's what we're saying.

Comment

• Den60
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Wheels View Post
                          I was wondering that myself. I go to LAX more often than I'd like, and on the way, you can see the planes lined up for approach in the distance right about when you're driving through Carson, if the smog isn't too bad at the time.
                          Petco is closer to Lindbergh than LAX is to the Carson site. I actually like watching the planes come in while at Petco but then baseball is boring as hell. Inglewood (Hollywood Park) is directly under the flight path for LAX (about 2 miles out) but since most takeoffs and landings are to the West the noise overhead would not be all that noticeable. That doesn't mean to say that Carson isn't the armpit of the world. It is.

Comment

Working...
                          X