• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TorchedbyRivers
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Planning and moving with the Raiders is a joke. I loved that guy in the Carson press conference wearing a half chargers half raiders jersey, disgusting . I'm not rooting for the Carson chargers
    Last edited by TorchedbyRivers; 02-20-2015, 11:48 AM.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

I wonder if Kroenke moves to LA to play this season to get there first and stake his claim. If it's snowing in St Louis, he could pack up and leave tonight.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
        SLAM DUNK!
        • Jun 2013
        • East County San Diego
        • Bolt fanatic
        • Send PM

I just don't see how they get anything done in San Diego.

Much more likely this Carson plan works.

I think they are gone.

I will likely still be a fan.....maybe they move back to SD in 20-30 years....but it still won't be the same. I never understood how people can choose a team to root for and call there own. I root for my teams because they represent my hometown. Maybe they become the So Cal Chargers to try and hold on their 75% as much as they can.
        migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• TTK
          EX-Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • America's Finest City
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
          The phrase about following the leagues policies for relocation is interesting. Kroenke has been threatening to move even without league approval and some people say the league may not be able to stop them. But there is one big hammer the league has - Kroenke is in violation of the leagues cross ownership policy. If he tries to move without league approval, I wonder if they pull out that card. I read a rumor somewhere that his long term goal is to buy the Broncos, since he already owns an NBA, NHL and MLS team in Denver and would then be in compliance with that rule.
          I believe he's skirting around that rule by designating his son as the owner of his other teams.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
            I just don't see how they get anything done in San Diego.

Much more likely this Carson plan works.

I think they are gone.

I will likely still be a fan.....maybe they move back to SD in 20-30 years....but it still won't be the same. I never understood how people can choose a team to root for and call there own. I root for my teams because they represent my hometown. Maybe they become the So Cal Chargers to try and hold on their 75% as much as they can.

How can you continue to support them if they share a stadium with the Raiders???? I could get the LA thing, even tough I'm not 100% sure I could do it...that's why I have continued to be a Clippers fan...but sharing a home with the Shitheads is simply not acceptable to me. Not at all. I can't even imagine going through the process of finding another team.

Comment

• TTK
              EX-Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • America's Finest City
              • Send PM

I don't care whose fault it is (and that's one thing that needs to end. Stop the bickering and find a solution) but if they leave, they're dead to me. Kind of sucks because I'll have to stop rooting for a lot of my favorite players (Rivers, Weddle, Gates, etc.) but that's what I'll have to do.

Comment

• KNSD
                Registered Charger Hater
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

NFL is so desperate for leverage they are having Raiders and Chargers share the same stadium in Los Angeles.

To the City of San Diego: DO NOT negotiate from a position of weakness on this. Set the timeline. Stick to it. If your purpose of building a stadium is to keep an NFL team here, then you're doing it wrong.

If the Chargers want to be involved, then fine. If not, then fine as well. Build a stadium that is in the best interest of the CITY, not the Corporation called "San Diego Chargers."
                Prediction:
                Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
                Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
                Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• KNSD
                  Registered Charger Hater
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by sandiego17 View Post
                  So how do you do business Kevin? No proposal for over a decade and then come up this novel idea, a stadium task force? Kevin's business acumen aside, I do believe the Chargers are reacting to Kroenke first and the City second, but the City should not be surprised. Most saw LA as a real alternative, burying your head in the sand isn't how you do business either.
                  This press conference in Los Angeles has "bullshit" written all over it. Two teams - the Raiders and Chargers - need leverage to get new stadium handouts in their respective cities. They must do this before that leverage expires (when Rams owner builds new digs).
                  Prediction:
                  Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .

Comment

• sandiego17
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
                    How can you continue to support them if they share a stadium with the Raiders???? I could get the LA thing, even tough I'm not 100% sure I could do it...that's why I have continued to be a Clippers fan...but sharing a home with the Shitheads is simply not acceptable to me. Not at all. I can't even imagine going through the process of finding another team.
                    Fuck the Raiders. I have little choice, I will be a fan of the LA Bolts, but this Raider angle is difficult to stomach. Chargers using the Raiders following in LA to be able to sell PSL's? Raiders allowing that to happen?

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• KNSD
                        Registered Charger Hater
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by X-man View Post
                        Can anyone really blame Spanos for feeling like all hope is lost in San Diego...
                        for squeezing over 1 billion in subsidies out of the city to pay for his multi billion dollar franchise?

I can't. He's absolutely correct. Trust me on this. As a citizen of this city I'm not voting for a 1.2 to 1.5 billion dollar stadium.
                        Prediction:

Comment

• KNSD
                          Registered Charger Hater
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post
                          Someone answer this question: Why Carson?
                          As a guy who has to drive by their soccer stadium to and from LAX area every few months... It's not as bad of a spot as people say it is.

Few miles from Palos Verdes, Long Beach, and really close to the coast. Decent access to all the rich dudes in Orange County who can take the 73 straight to the stadium.

It could be worse, they could build a stadium in Riverside County.... just sayin'
                          Prediction:

Comment

Working...
                          X