X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I would have tried to run it a little more in the first half, but I understood what he was doing. I think he did a better job of playing the Bills strengths against the Ravens vs what happened last week against the Colts. He adjusted well after the half for both games. Unfortunately weather like today is why it’s good to have an effective running game to help you in the playoffs. If the Bills lose in the playoffs, it’s because they don’t have the ability to run at all. And I think that’s more personnel than coaching at this point.
    Again, that is exactly right.

Comment

• Caslon
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2019
      • Send PM

I liked watching this game more than the Packers/Rams game. AFC prejudice maybe.

Comment

• Caslon
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2019
        • Send PM

Notice how the Bills WR's blocked light years better than Charger WR's on wideout screens. Chargers have always kinda sucked at that.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I would have tried to run it a little more in the first half, but I understood what he was doing. I think he did a better job of playing the Bills strengths against the Ravens vs what happened last week against the Colts. He adjusted well after the half for both games. Unfortunately weather like today is why it’s good to have an effective running game to help you in the playoffs. If the Bills lose in the playoffs, it’s because they don’t have the ability to run at all. And I think that’s more personnel than coaching at this point.
          He didn't really have to do much with the offense after the pick six then Jackson leaving the game. Assuming the Chiefs win tomorrow, it will be real interesting to see what Daboll does against the Chiefs. In a way, that game will be an audition for Daboll because if he coaches Chargers he will be playing Andy Reid and Mahomes twice a year trying to depose them from division domination.

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
            I liked watching this game more than the Packers/Rams game. AFC prejudice maybe.
            I’m watchIng this because I have an interest in Daboll, and because I want someone other than the Chiefs to go to the Super Bowl.

Comment

• Critty
              Dominate the Day.
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

17-3.
              that pick 6 was the game.
              Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

He didn't really have to do much with the offense after the pick six then Jackson leaving the game. Assuming the Chiefs win tomorrow, it will be real interesting to see what Daboll does against the Chiefs. In a way, that game will be an audition for Daboll because if he coaches Chargers he will be playing Andy Reid and Mahomes twice a year trying to depose them from division domination.
                I think he did a good job of being aggressive and getting first downs with the passing game even though it didn’t lead to any more scores. But yeah it should be a better game next week since the Chief’s defense is not as good as the Ravens. Hopefully better weather too since the wind was such a big factor in this game.

Comment

• Originally posted by jamrock View Post

what good is calling a good game that your players don’t execute. That’s as much a red flag as the one rushing attempt. I did see the highlight of the 100+ yard int return. That was an impressive call well executed
                  The Bills have executed that kind of play calling all season long. Daboll dialed up a long pass and the WR was wide open, but Allen missed him. Allen and Davis also failed to connect on a play in the end zone when that play was there. The play calls were right, the players failed to execute.

The Bills ran 16 times and averaged 2.0 yards per carry. So they should have run more?

Allen was struggling some due to a significant wind, but the passing attack was still working better than the ground game and it was obvious that the Bills knew they were going to struggle running the ball, so they chose not to waste those downs, mostly running to keep the Ravens honest on defense and possibly cross them up.

Also, as someone pointed out, Allen's mechanics were not great tonight. He just had a below average game.

But the play calling, in game tactical decisions and halftime adjustments were very good.

Comment

• Caslon
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I’m watchIng this because I have an interest in Daboll, and because I want someone other than the Chiefs to go to the Super Bowl.
                    Justin Herbert, Keenen Allen, Mike Williams, Austin Ekeler. Daboll as an OC just needs some improvement and commitment from TT on O-line for him to choose the Chargers. Yes, the running game will be a challenge for Daboll, but so what? He'll set up the pass to make the run, which goes against the usual method of operation.

The biggest question if Daboll is hired is who will be the DC. The Spanos' and TT need to select a winner on that side of the ball.

As bad as we think Gus was...the Chargers were a top 10 defense in stats. Stats can be deceiving.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Notice how the Bills WR's blocked light years better than Charger WR's on wideout screens. Chargers have always kinda sucked at that.
                      Yep...that trip-left formation with the quick pass to one of the wideouts, and the other two blocking for the TD was sweet...

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

Last great blocking receiver that I can think of was Vincent Jackson. Gates sucked bad at blocking.
                        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Justin Herbert, Keenen Allen, Mike Williams, Austin Ekeler. Daboll as an OC just needs some improvement and commitment from TT on O-line for him to choose the Chargers. Yes, the running game will be a challenge for Daboll, but so what? He'll set up the pass to make the run, which goes against the usual method of operation.

The biggest question if Daboll is hired is who will be the DC. The Spanos' and TT need to select a winner on that side of the ball.

As bad as we think Gus was...the Chargers were a top 10 defense in stats. Stats can be deceiving.
                          Except when it counted in the fourth quarter. All our starters we're gassed or injured by the fourth quarter with piss poor rotation.
                          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X