Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
    I feel like we have been staying in the problem rather than getting into the solution for years now. And whatever the solution is....it cant happen if we are choosing to do the same things every year with no desire to change. Im glad we are starting from scratch. You dont remove part of a cancer to save a patient...you have to take it all out in order to make the patient whole again. lol

I have a lot of analogies for sucking. Just ready for some innovation here. Innovation but with an emphasis on the basics. LIke blocking and tackling.

And in this case...possibly a better way to train and strengthen our players. Soft tissue and ligaments. Maybe some serious thought put into Pilates and Yoga. Techniques that help a player withstand the rigors of football.
    Potentially the most impactful hire since Staley himself
    Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

I feel like we have been staying in the problem rather than getting into the solution for years now. And whatever the solution is....it cant happen if we are choosing to do the same things every year with no desire to change. Im glad we are starting from scratch. You dont remove part of a cancer to save a patient...you have to take it all out in order to make the patient whole again. lol

I have a lot of analogies for sucking. Just ready for some innovation here. Innovation but with an emphasis on the basics. LIke blocking and tackling.

And in this case...possibly a better way to train and strengthen our players. Soft tissue and ligaments. Maybe some serious thought put into Pilates and Yoga. Techniques that help a player withstand the rigors of football.
      I saw a video of Herman Edwards from a few years ago talking about the essence of Marty as a head coach and it was teaching. Every day, teaching not just the players, but the staff to be better at their job. And with the Chargers - I feel like they haven't had that - the basic teaching of football. Maybe Staley will do it

And to your point about this hire - maybe this hire shows a new direction. Because like death and taxes, the last ten years of Chargers football are bad OL play, bad Special Teams and injuries.
      Its time for a change

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

I’m excited about these things also. Neuromuscular therapy and biomechanics also caught my attention. It did wonders for Stefon Diggs.

Little did teams know that this exact offseason Diggs was busting his ass like never before with trainer Pete Bommarito in Miami, Fla. Diggs embraced this high-octane program that occupies 10 to 12 hours of your time every day. He bought into Bommarito’s emphasis on “joint alignment” to maximize power and regeneration and deceleration and nutrition and neuromuscular therapy and other terms that’d make your brain freeze. Diggs loved the science of it all. And Bommarito insists he didn’t see one inkling of what those scouts are talking about.

Comment

• Xenos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Sorry for the memes. I’m just so happy right now. The only thing better would have been if we had won the Super Bowl on Sunday.

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Welcome Coach Lomando!
            This isn't going to be the same old Chargers, is it?

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

This is likely also about Strength and Conditioning. Something i have been vocal about. This guy has an exos background. I expect to see a different approach to the health of this team. And im incredibly happy to see us invest in this. I understand that its mostly just bad luck. But to be the most injured team every freaking year makes me question our program. We needed new eyes on this.
              Yep...like that year when on the first day of TC, Verrett was running across the field, and was giggling because he beat everyone, and then, BOOM! He suddenly pulls up lame for the year...maybe with proper stretching and work on the machines well before hitting the field, we can get these guys in correct shape and avoid at least SOME of these types of injuries...

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Good post and I’m on board with things like yoga and other stretching exercises, nutrition, hydration, isolation tanks, the whole 9

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • SoDak
                  • Technology Director
                  • Send PM

Chargers unveil new practice equipment: bubbles.jpg
                  "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Coachmarkos View Post
                    "Innovative "
                    Deano
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Good post and I’m on board with things like yoga and other stretching exercises, nutrition, hydration, isolation tanks, the whole 9
                      TB12 Electrolytes.
                      Available in powder.
                      ​​Add one scoop to water.
                      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

Boy in the bubble kind of thingy!

:Beer1:
                        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Part of new Covid protocol...so NOW we know how the Seahawks avoided any Coronavirus infections all season long...

Comment

Working...
                          X