Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Wow, never seen so many specialized assistant coaches. What's next? The Gatorade Quality Control assistant coach? The Covid Mask and Social Distancing Quality Control Assistant Coach?
    Need them all.

Looks like the ownership is ponying up for more coaches.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Need them all.

I consider this a key point.
      Tudoring.
      We have been poor at player development.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Need them all.

I want the analytics department to be more than just one person. Throw in an actual sport science department like what Chip Kelly had with the Eagles this offseason and.....
        happy my heart GIF

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Need them all.

Yep...looks like Staley has them sold on hiring more help...and as Martha Stewart says, "it's a good thing"...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I want the analytics department to be more than just one person. Throw in an actual sport science department like what Chip Kelly had with the Eagles this offseason and.....
            happy my heart GIF
            I want an analytics department that not only looks at strategy for 4th down, going for two but also
            1) tracking free agency, what is the sweet spot in player contracts, meaning length and dollars. Buying players doesn't work it seems - but finding mid tier guys, Casey Haywards to me is where its at. Finding a player not right for one system but right for another. Maybe a Markus Golden and not Hassan Reddic

2) age of players getting snaps - where does it really go south if you have too many players a certain age
            3) draft picks - how many "Sammy Small Schools" make it and what rounds do they succeed or fail.

just anything to give Telesco help in analyzing players for free agency and the draft

I just am not sure if the team uses this knowledge but Jason from OTC has a lot of data out there about money spent and win value. Chargers should be using this to prepare for free agency and the draft.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Give Aditya Krishnan some help !!

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I want an analytics department that not only looks at strategy for 4th down, going for two but also
                1) tracking free agency, what is the sweet spot in player contracts, meaning length and dollars. Buying players doesn't work it seems - but finding mid tier guys, Casey Haywards to me is where its at. Finding a player not right for one system but right for another. Maybe a Markus Golden and not Hassan Reddic

2) age of players getting snaps - where does it really go south if you have too many players a certain age
                3) draft picks - how many "Sammy Small Schools" make it and what rounds do they succeed or fail.

just anything to give Telesco help in analyzing players for free agency and the draft

I just am not sure if the team uses this knowledge but Jason from OTC has a lot of data out there about money spent and win value. Chargers should be using this to prepare for free agency and the draft.
                Knob, in view of the injury issues Beluga and Turner had, how about hiring an analytics assistant to analyze injury history, age probability and injuries, injury future risk, etc...which players are higher risk than others...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Knob, in view of the injury issues Beluga and Turner had, how about hiring an analytics assistant to analyze injury history, age probability and injuries, injury future risk, etc...which players are higher risk than others...
                  add another one to the team.

I don't know if they have this on staff - but I would like them to hire a couple young intern types - grad assistant levels if you will - that starts game planning weeks ahead of time. I get in the regular season, the first week is based on previous stuff. But after two games - have these two intern types game planning week 4 opponent, after three week 5 -- so by the time the monday of that opponent, these two interns have some knowledge to give to the coaches so they have a head start that week

also maybe have somebody on staff to self scout

I see George Stewart is still listed - hell keep him on the payrolll, sit at home and self scout the chargers for weaknesses. Maybe they do all this stuff - I don't know. But if they aren't, they should be

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

add another one to the team.

I don't know if they have this on staff - but I would like them to hire a couple young intern types - grad assistant levels if you will - that starts game planning weeks ahead of time. I get in the regular season, the first week is based on previous stuff. But after two games - have these two intern types game planning week 4 opponent, after three week 5 -- so by the time the monday of that opponent, these two interns have some knowledge to give to the coaches so they have a head start that week

also maybe have somebody on staff to self scout

I see George Stewart is still listed - hell keep him on the payrolll, sit at home and self scout the chargers for weaknesses. Maybe they do all this stuff - I don't know. But if they aren't, they should be
                    Like that idea of hiring interns...that will look good on their resume...

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Isn’t this what money-ball was about?
                      I thought for sure that was the future but apparently didn’t take off the way many imagined
                      What NFL organization would you say is the leader in analytic driven decisions?
                      G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Critty
                        Dominate the Day.
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

I consider this a key point.
                        Tudoring.
                        We have been poor at player development.
                        I hope so.

I had put on my wishlist at the end of 2019 season, that I wanted Tim Terry from KC to be added as Senior director of player personnel. Think KC has done a good job of finding impact players in draft or adding via free agency. And he would also have insight into how and why our competitor for AFC West division does things.

And then from Ravens who also do well with draft and player additions. Another team that is in the post season year after year like KC.
                        I was hoping they would try to hire their analytics guy Corey Krawiec and make him Sr. Director of Player Evaluations & Analytics.
                        Again adding insight into how and why they do things.

Adding front office talent can improve the team's ability to acquire player talent.
                        Who has it better than us?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Wins Above Replacement.
                          WAR.
                          Some players end up having an astounding impact on W-L,
                          measured by their availability,
                          on a game by game basis.

Comment

Working...
                          X