• Show
Clear All
  • CivilBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

add another one to the team.

I don't know if they have this on staff - but I would like them to hire a couple young intern types - grad assistant levels if you will - that starts game planning weeks ahead of time. I get in the regular season, the first week is based on previous stuff. But after two games - have these two intern types game planning week 4 opponent, after three week 5 -- so by the time the monday of that opponent, these two interns have some knowledge to give to the coaches so they have a head start that week

also maybe have somebody on staff to self scout

I see George Stewart is still listed - hell keep him on the payrolll, sit at home and self scout the chargers for weaknesses. Maybe they do all this stuff - I don't know. But if they aren't, they should be
    Wait I thought Lynn and Stewart were connected at the hip. You fire one and you fire the other :shrug:

Comment

• Coachmarkos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • SoDak
      • Technology Director
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Wow, never seen so many specialized assistant coaches. What's next? The Gatorade Quality Control assistant coach? The Covid Mask and Social Distancing Quality Control Assistant Coach?
      Speaking! :More Q Please:
      "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• gzubeck
        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
        • Jan 2019
        • Tucson, AZ
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Coachmarkos View Post

Speaking! :More Q Please:
        Make sure the players have those balanced electrolyte and mineral replenishments for the fourth quarter!

:beer:
        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Make sure the players have those balanced electrolyte and mineral replenishments for the fourth quarter!

:beer:
          ...along with piles of paperwork printouts of analytics to back it up...we'll need an assistant to the assistant to keep everything filed and in good order...time to hire a new intern: "The Gatorade Quality Control Balanced Electrolyte Analytics Assistant to the Assistant Coach"...

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
              Wow, and the Analytics Assistants keep rolling in...Staley must have really impressed the Spani about hiring an abundance of assistant coaches, because they sure aren't stingy with the cash about it...

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Parks And Recreation Reaction GIF

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Wow, and the Analytics Assistants keep rolling in...Staley must have really impressed the Spani about hiring an abundance of assistant coaches, because they sure aren't stingy with the cash about it...
                  This is likely also about Strength and Conditioning. Something i have been vocal about. This guy has an exos background. I expect to see a different approach to the health of this team. And im incredibly happy to see us invest in this. I understand that its mostly just bad luck. But to be the most injured team every freaking year makes me question our program. We needed new eyes on this.

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

This is likely also about Strength and Conditioning. Something i have been vocal about. This guy has an exos background. I expect to see a different approach to the health of this team. And im incredibly happy to see us invest in this. I understand that its mostly just bad luck. But to be the most injured team every freaking year makes me question our program. We needed new eyes on this.
                    It’s bad luck for things like broken bones. But the goal should be to prevent the preventable like soft tissue injuries. Or as Chip Kelly put it so eloquently.

"Obviously, the big issues you look at are the soft tissue injures, because those are preventable," Kelly said, per ESPN.com. "If someone breaks a leg, someone breaks a leg. There's not much from a sports science standpoint or preparation standpoint that goes into the prevention of breaking a bone."

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

I just like they are moving ahead like into the 21st century. I mean in baseball, people make not like the analystics that lead to things like "the shift" - but dammit to hell - if you aren't doing it - somebody else is. Its not Old School v New Skool - its evolution of the world. And like I said, if you are not doing it, somebody else is.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Ha ha ha.
                        Knew Fleet would be all over this one.
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Fleet
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Cardiff - Poipu
                          • Send PM

I feel like we have been staying in the problem rather than getting into the solution for years now. And whatever the solution is....it cant happen if we are choosing to do the same things every year with no desire to change. Im glad we are starting from scratch. You dont remove part of a cancer to save a patient...you have to take it all out in order to make the patient whole again. lol

I have a lot of analogies for sucking. Just ready for some innovation here. Innovation but with an emphasis on the basics. LIke blocking and tackling.

And in this case...possibly a better way to train and strengthen our players. Soft tissue and ligaments. Maybe some serious thought put into Pilates and Yoga. Techniques that help a player withstand the rigors of football.

Comment

Working...
                          X