• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

wu is still holding out hope for Trent...
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
      Not feeling it but......

ill allow it GIF

Comment

• chargeroo
        Fan since 1961
        • Jan 2019
        • Oregon
        • Retired Manager/Pastor
        • Send PM

He's one of the best ................ but big $$$$$
        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Shucks.
          SF is closing in tonight.
          Give us a shot.
          Let us tamper.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
            The Precious
            • May 2019
            • Send PM

Local radio was shitting themselves Friday they were very worried about this.

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

We need an avg or better starting LOT. (Duh!) They are available in the 1st half of the 1st round of the draft or in FA. TT needs to pull the trigger on one or the other.
              A quality vet C would be a big help. Go get 'em TT!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Tom Telesco got no help from the previous two head coaches... His football awareness and draft picking should go up a notch this season and this draft.
                I agree. Maybe I am totally wrong on Staley but I think he will help Telesco more than McCoy and Lynn did. I think Staley knows what he wants and how to put the players together to fit.

That is why I am very interested to see the players the Chargers sign in free agency this coming week. I was happy with Bulaga, Harris and Joseph as the team needed help at those positions. But I am hoping there is a bit more scouting this week and they might try to sign younger players that fit better for the next 4-5 years. Not just stop gap players.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I agree. Maybe I am totally wrong on Staley but I think he will help Telesco more than McCoy and Lynn did. I think Staley knows what he wants and how to put the players together to fit.

That is why I am very interested to see the players the Chargers sign in free agency this coming week. I was happy with Bulaga, Harris and Joseph as the team needed help at those positions. But I am hoping there is a bit more scouting this week and they might try to sign younger players that fit better for the next 4-5 years. Not just stop gap players.
                  I agree with this too. I'd love to be in a room while he was watching film to hear if he thinks players are just not as good as projected, were not being used right, or not developed very well. I suspect a lot of the last two - but I guess time will tell.

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I agree with this too. I'd love to be in a room while he was watching film to hear if he thinks players are just not as good as projected, were not being used right, or not developed very well. I suspect a lot of the last two - but I guess time will tell.
                    Yes, that would be very interesting. Probably a mixed bag of answers

Comment

• sonorajim
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

My impression of Staley is that he has a reasoned perspective on everything football that is not engraved in stone, is compatible with new input and that he can communicate logically and understandably. And he's the only Head Coach that we have.
                      He needs to be a partner in personnel decisions.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                        Draftnik
                        • Oct 2020
                        • Send PM

Welp, looks like Feliciano is off the table.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ith-bills/amp/

Kevin Zeitler off the table too.

Last edited by Bolt Dude; 03-15-2021, 08:27 AM.
                        Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Steve
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • South Carolina
                          • Meteorologist
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Well he was pitched as an elite football mind, “genius” was thrown around.
                          if a bunch of layman like us can develop some scouting acumen from YouTube clips, I think it’s fair to say Staley should be expected to have scouting talent and vision for how that talent can translate to dominate units.
                          I imagine that if Staley was offered Telesco’s power/responsibilities (and a raise) he wouldn’t blink

I also imagine most, HCs (even the non-genius types) fancy themselves great scouts.
                          can’t imagine Staley genuinely depending on Telesco’s scouting system to help him identify the right guys to run HIS scheme haha
                          It is worth remembering something about football coaches when the term "genius" gets bantered about. The fallback job of most NFL coaches and many front office people is a HS gym teacher.

Comment

Working...
                          X