• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChargersPowderBlue
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
    I have without a doubt seen players take a dive.Miss a perfectly thrown ball or trip on air to go down.Hell Ive seen defenders whiff on tackles that were next to impossible to miss leavin you wonderin how in the hell did he let that guy get away from him?!?
    Because the players doing those things are taking orders and get paid to do stuff that causes their team to lose. It's all a script. The players play their part in it.

In the Cowboys game I saw stuff from Chargers players that make me wonder what they are doing.

Comment

• Hard Charger
      Chargers fan since 1977!
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Sorry, I didn’t read through this whole thread…. That being said, I don’t not if I would call it fixing, or not, but SWAYING, for sure! I think when they have their meetings, they mention who they would like to see win. It probably gets to the officiating crews something probably like, “If you get the opportunity to put a little friction (for lack of better words), on the Chargers, (or whom ever’s) efforts, please do.” I think it could be very well be partially tied in with the betting world.

I truly don’t know if it’s “fixing, swaying, or what ever”, but I know I’ve seen my fair share of screwed up calls/non calls in games that clearly changed the outcome of the game. “Hoculi” sound familiar to anyone? I personally think he blocked us from the super bowl that season. I don’t really know what to think, but I don’t like what I see. They need to be firm, fair and impartial when officiating a game. At least to the best of their abilities. If they are in doubt of a call, they need to leave the flag in their waist bands!

Go Bolts!

HC

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Hard Charger View Post
        Sorry, I didn’t read through this whole thread…. That being said, I don’t not if I would call it fixing, or not, but SWAYING, for sure! I think when they have their meetings, they mention who they would like to see win. It probably gets to the officiating crews something probably like, “If you get the opportunity to put a little friction (for lack of better words), on the Chargers, (or whom ever’s) efforts, please do.” I think it could be very well be partially tied in with the betting world.

I truly don’t know if it’s “fixing, swaying, or what ever”, but I know I’ve seen my fair share of screwed up calls/non calls in games that clearly changed the outcome of the game. “Hoculi” sound familiar to anyone? I personally think he blocked us from the super bowl that season. I don’t really know what to think, but I don’t like what I see. They need to be firm, fair and impartial when officiating a game. At least to the best of their abilities. If they are in doubt of a call, they need to leave the flag in their waist bands!

Go Bolts!

HC
        example will be tonight
        the refs know who is playing and what venue
        they know A-A-Ron and the Packers are 0-1
        I don't expect the Lions to win even if this game were played on a neutral field or at Detroit
        and the Lions just might commit more penalties as they are not as good of a team
        But its better for the league if the Packers are 1-1

Comment

• Biggestfan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Glad to see my post get new life. The powers that be woudnt want Dallas to go 0-2. That being said Chargers still could have won.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

example will be tonight
            I don't expect the Lions to win even if this game were played on a neutral field or at Detroit
            and the Lions just might commit more penalties as they are not as good of a team
            if that kind of thing is going on in the nfl,id rather they shut it down. I dont want to watch and waste my time on a fix. I just dont believe that is happening.

The Cowboys have stunk for years now so they arent propping them up. They havent been to a SB since 1993. Barely made any playoff appearances.

The draft and salary cap is built on parity and letting Jerry Jones be the GM isnt doing them any favors either so im just call bullshit on that type of talk.

Comment

• equivocation
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2021
              • Send PM

Just like the NBA, players drive value.

It's player narratives not franchise narratives. Zak has the CPOY narrative going.

Good news is they're srtting up the Herbert narrative for later.

Comment

• Charge!
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                No, I don't believe there is any fixing the outcome in sports. I don't buy into conspiracy theories, but I know that a lot of people do, as evidenced by the spread of QAnon. The tendency of some to buy into totally false conspiracy theories like sports fixing is a human fallibility that is not totally understood. But I don't believe for a second that games are fixed or that certain teams are given preferential circumstances by the leagues.
                Before replay we could all dismiss those bad calls as just human error because game is fast....but there are many mistakes that are reviewed and EVERYONE looking at the replay, fans, media, etc of either team, neutral people, etc can clearly see that the refs made a huge error....... but somehow "magically" the officials in NY review the play and "intentionally/knowingly" make the wrong call...... That is why people believe that games are rigged.....

Comment

• DragonIce
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Mar 2021
                  • Arizona
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

Because the players doing those things are taking orders and get paid to do stuff that causes their team to lose. It's all a script. The players play their part in it.

In the Cowboys game I saw stuff from Chargers players that make me wonder what they are doing.

I did too. Specifically a play with Slater. He not only looked like he wasn't trying on the play, he was looking completely away from the action the entire play.

And in fairness I saw a play with Chase Young last week where it seemed he froze rather than attacking a ball carrier right in front of him.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                    We Are The Storm!
                    • Aug 2018
                    • Send PM

Ive seen that many times.Guys pull up short hell Ive seen teammates "accidently"hit their own guy to screw up the play.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                      We Are The Storm!
                      • Aug 2018
                      • Send PM

https://prepareforchange.net/2018/02...ed-found-dead/

Read this article and realize we"ve all been played.Facts,whether ya like it or not.

Comment

• DragonIce
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Mar 2021
                        • Arizona
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

example will be tonight
                        Different motivations can be at play for any game:
                        -Inside employees or players could have bet a ton of money for a particular team, or fantasy player
                        -large market vs. small
                        -favors
                        -desired league narratives, preferred teams and stars

I suspect some games are ref'd fairly. The league can't play heavy handed or they'd get exposed.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                          We Are The Storm!
                          • Aug 2018
                          • Send PM

Read the article I just shared and you'll see how they handle getting exposed.Billionaires dont play when it comes to money.

Comment

Working...
                          X