• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AK47
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Last - The Denver phantom PI call mentioned in Rivers last game (now many pages ago) gave the Chargers Herbie for a generation - so … last laugh is ours! HA!
    To quote the movie White Men Can't Jump:

“Sometimes when you win, you really lose. And sometimes when you lose, you really win. And sometimes when you win or lose, you actually tie. And sometimes when you tie, you actually win...."

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

What's that red light?

Players and coaches get told to throw games away. Would that make sense in explaining why the Chargers do Charger things? It helps to understand why the team causes fans to be in anguish.

Comment

• foreigner
        Tom Telesco is gone
        • Sep 2013
        • Send PM

To be honest.. .more than the red light (but yeah.. wtf is that?) what catches my attention is the stupid way that guy is holding the ball... not even I would do that on the goal line...

Mistery Solved... its a Covid Tracer... Thank you Scooby-Doo.

Comment

• Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

Bingo, you get it, others have missed it entirely.

Chaincrusher has already stood by the fact that he liked the game being called loose the entire game but have the refs tighten it up and call phantom calls when his Rams needed it at the end to be able to win the game.
          I have said/done no such thing.

I have said that the calling of the game was irrelevant as the Rams got screwed by the allegedly loose standard, got screwed by the allegedly more strict standard, and won the game anyway.

You are the one that keeps misusing the notion of "phantom calls". A 50/50 call is not a phantom call. I have told you to compare the 2013 OPI penalty against Keenan Allen versus WAS (a true phantom call with no player contact and visible player separation) versus the 50/50 call against Logan Wilson (Wilson clearly contacts/holds/fouls Kupp multiple times and the question is whether such clearly technically illegal contact not capable of being disputed is sufficient to warranty a penalty).

I am not a Rams fan. I am a Chargers fan that happens to have functioning eyes and can be objective about calls unlike you. The dead giveaway here is your failure to concede that the Higgins facemask play was a ridiculous non-call, arguably one of the worst missed calls in Super Bowl history. Again, even homer Bengals fans have admitted that that was a ridiculous TD producing non-call.

Comment

• FoutsFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Birmingham AL
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

I have said/done no such thing.

I have said that the calling of the game was irrelevant as the Rams got screwed by the allegedly loose standard, got screwed by the allegedly more strict standard, and won the game anyway.

You are the one that keeps misusing the notion of "phantom calls". A 50/50 call is not a phantom call. I have told you to compare the 2013 OPI penalty against Keenan Allen versus WAS (a true phantom call with no player contact and visible player separation) versus the 50/50 call against Logan Wilson (Wilson clearly contacts/holds/fouls Kupp multiple times and the question is whether such clearly technically illegal contact not capable of being disputed is sufficient to warranty a penalty).

I am not a Rams fan. I am a Chargers fan that happens to have functioning eyes and can be objective about calls unlike you. The dead giveaway here is your failure to concede that the Higgins facemask play was a ridiculous non-call, arguably one of the worst missed calls in Super Bowl history. Again, even homer Bengals fans have admitted that that was a ridiculous TD producing non-call.
            So now you want the refs to call a tight 15 penalty each team affair where they call every little ticky tack penalty?

I just want the refs to let the players play, if that leads to a little more hand fighting and "getting away" with penalties I am fine with that.

What I do not want to see is this crazy reffing that changes week to week and quarter to quarter and play to play just to satisfy the flighty whims of Rams fans like you.

Comment

• equivocation
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

So now you want the refs to call a tight 15 penalty each team affair where they call every little ticky tack penalty?

I just want the refs to let the players play, if that leads to a little more hand fighting and "getting away" with penalties I am fine with that.

What I do not want to see is this crazy reffing that changes week to week and quarter to quarter and play to play just to satisfy the flighty whims of Rams fans like you.
              Your position on the Higgins non-call is getting increasingly bizarre. You want to "let them play" but also think Ramsey committed a ticky tacky DPI? Throwing a DB to the ground by the facemask is okay though?

I agree with you about the hold at the end but keep it consistent.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Birmingham AL
                • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post

Your position on the Higgins non-call is getting increasingly bizarre. You want to "let them play" but also think Ramsey committed a ticky tacky DPI? Throwing a DB to the ground by the facemask is okay though?

I agree with you about the hold at the end but keep it consistent.
                I have been consistent with let them play. My point was Ramsey did PI and was holding and handsy (enough to get flagged if you were calling it tight) as was Higgins. So let them play, do not call offsetting penalties. The facemask was a separate issue (just as the refs missed it so did 99% of the people watching on the first go around, it was not until another angle in slomo caught it that people realized what happened) to the other stuff and was missed, but as many people have said when you are letting them play these types of plays often get missed, which I am fine with. My point also has been, do not call the game one way and then change the way you call the game in the second half of the final drive. That makes the officiating look really bad. Up until that point it was very consistent.

I was also pointing out that Chaincrusher (A.K.A. Ramsfan#1) was perfectly fine with the Bengals getting hosed at the end of the game but not what he perceived as the Rams getting hosed. I pointed out that he sounded like a whiney Steelers fan that gets pissed if 9-10 calls go in favor of the Steelers, they will cry over the one that did not go their way.

Comment

As I previously stated, I am a Chargers fan, not a Rams fan.

You claim the existence of two distinct patterns of officiating in the Super Bowl--one for the most of the game in which there was loose officiating with few penalties called and one late in the game that was stricter with more penalties called.

It is irrelevant whether or not you claim is correct. The Rams got screwed in both times of officiating that you have identified and they still won the game. So, we can all be happy that the refs failed to take the game from them and give it to the Bengals.

Your discussion is meaningless. The team that deserved to win did win.

Comment

I have been consistent with let them play. My point was Ramsey did PI and was holding and handsy (enough to get flagged if you were calling it tight) as was Higgins. So let them play, do not call offsetting penalties. The facemask was a separate issue (just as the refs missed it so did 99% of the people watching on the first go around, it was not until another angle in slomo caught it that people realized what happened) to the other stuff and was missed, but as many people have said when you are letting them play these types of plays often get missed, which I am fine with. My point also has been, do not call the game one way and then change the way you call the game in the second half of the final drive. That makes the officiating look really bad. Up until that point it was very consistent.

I was also pointing out that Chaincrusher (A.K.A. Ramsfan#1) was perfectly fine with the Bengals getting hosed at the end of the game but not what he perceived as the Rams getting hosed. I pointed out that he sounded like a whiney Steelers fan that gets pissed if 9-10 calls go in favor of the Steelers, they will cry over the one that did not go their way.
                    Even under a "let them play standard" the obvious facemask by Higgins has to be called. It is irrelevant that fans may not have initially seen it. What matters is that it happened. There is no universe where that should not be called as a personal foul against Higgins. The Rams clearly got screwed because CIN scored a TD that should not have counted.

Under the strictest of officiating, Ramsey did not commit a penalty on that play. Your discussion of Ramsey's actions on that play are pure fiction and evidence of extreme bias against the Rams or an inability to perceive reality.

Your end of game discussion is equally bizarre. The Bengals did not get hosed at the end of the game. The Rams did. Logan Wilson illegally contacted and held Kupp on the play at the end of the game. That play gets called a penalty about 50% of the time. In no universe is that a "phantom" call as you have repeatedly mischaracterized it. I have explained the difference between a 50/50 call and a true phantom call multiple times to you, but it does not appear to have made a dent in your wildly inaccurate takes. Much worse than the Logan penalty was the holding call against Havenstein that negated a TD for the Rams on the very next play. It was the Rams that lost a TD that they had earned (after the refs had given a TD to CIN earlier in the game).

Had the game been officiated properly, the Rams would have won more convincingly, but at least they were not deprived by the refs of their victory.

Again, I have never been a Rams fan and have always been a Chargers fan.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Calvin Ridley bet on Falcons games. 1 year suspension.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                        Makin' Ruggs look like Mensa.
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Birmingham AL
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                          Crazy its only one year.

But like many have defended here, there is no sports fixes. Only conspiracy theories.

Comment

Working...
                          X