Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 Official Chargers Season Discusssion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #13
    Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

    We have plenty of CAP space.
    We have the ability to cut/trade aging vets to create significantly more space.
    MikeDub will sign a new 4-5 year deal worth an average of $11-$13 per year (21 cap hit = <$9).
    HH and MD43 are staying in PB.
    TT/BS will have the FA strategy set soon and the draft strategy soon after.
    2021 will be a great building year.
    2022 our SuperBowl runs begin. 3 RINGS before 2028.
    I am still chewing my fin ger nails down to the nub, Sir.
    Staley.
    Genius ?

    Comment


    • #14
      Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

      We have plenty of CAP space.
      We have the ability to cut/trade aging vets to create significantly more space.
      MikeDub will sign a new 4-5 year deal worth an average of $11-$13 per year (21 cap hit = <$9).
      HH and MD43 are staying in PB.
      TT/BS will have the FA strategy set soon and the draft strategy soon after.
      2021 will be a great building year.
      2022 our SuperBowl runs begin. 3 RINGS before 2028.
      Yes and no with respect to cap space as if you sign TT and MD43 plus draft picks - that most of the current cap space For the Chargers to create more cap space, Turner and Hayward would need to be released but I do think they can replace RG and CB (with how both played last year ) for a lot less than what Turner and Hayward will make

      Agree about Mike Williams - his cap his should be lower but I also think there are better players out there for the same money. I am not not too quick to sign Mike Williams

      Leonard Floyd or a rangy OLB would be a nice target in free agency but I still think OC is the number 1 priority in Free agency. Today I probably keep Tevi and Lamp but who knows

      The key to me - Telesco needs to really nail the draft . No more projects (Pipkins, Mager, Gilman types) - but players that will play from the get-go.

      Comment


      • #15
        Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

        Yes and no with respect to cap space as if you sign TT and MD43 plus draft picks - that most of the current cap space For the Chargers to create more cap space, Turner and Hayward would need to be released but I do think they can replace RG and CB (with how both played last year ) for a lot less than what Turner and Hayward will make

        Agree about Mike Williams - his cap his should be lower but I also think there are better players out there for the same money. I am not not too quick to sign Mike Williams

        Leonard Floyd or a rangy OLB would be a nice target in free agency but I still think OC is the number 1 priority in Free agency. Today I probably keep Tevi and Lamp but who knows

        The key to me - Telesco needs to really nail the draft . No more projects (Pipkins, Mager, Gilman types) - but players that will play from the get-go.
        Floyd had a 1 yr - $10 million salary before he had 10+ sacks. He is going to want $15+.

        Can see how I’d assemble a roster with contracts in the roster build thread. It all fits will room to spare after restructuring contracts and vet player cuts. We can even be strategically active in FA to limit our needs heading into the draft.

        Comment


        • #16
          I've said this before, not because he is having a game today. I'd rather sign Shaq Barret than Floyd.

          He has been way more productive.

          Comment


          • #17
            It's a long list of FA's. A lot of roster spots to fill. I think Chargers will cut/move some of the higher contracts. And I hope they rebuild the IOL through FA with that money.

            Re-signing your own is a smart strategy... before they hit the open market and others get into a bidding war for them.

            HH
            M. Davis
            Jenkins
            Vigil
            Green
            Anderson
            Campbell

            Relatively cheap signings. Save the draft picks. You know exactly what they bring to the team.

            Comment


            • #18
              Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
              I've said this before, not because he is having a game today. I'd rather sign Shaq Barret than Floyd.

              He has been way more productive.
              Barrett and Floyd will cost a lot. Barrett will probably be re-signed by the Bucs.

              Comment


              • #19
                Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

                Barrett and Floyd will cost a lot. Barrett will probably be re-signed by the Bucs.
                Maybe, and so might Floyd but if I'm choosing one of them to try and sign, it's Barrett. Rather spend the money on him. Don't care to spend a lot on one year of production coming in his 5th contract year season.

                Comment


                • #20
                  Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
                  It's a long list of FA's. A lot of roster spots to fill. I think Chargers will cut/move some of the higher contracts. And I hope they rebuild the IOL through FA with that money.

                  Re-signing your own is a smart strategy... before they hit the open market and others get into a bidding war for them.

                  HH
                  M. Davis
                  Jenkins
                  Vigil
                  Green
                  Anderson
                  Campbell

                  Relatively cheap signings. Save the draft picks. You know exactly what they bring to the team.
                  I think Linsley and Austin Blythe would be two targets for IOL in free agency after releasing Turner. (Than of course adding a couple in the draft in R1-4, OT and OG).

                  Hunter, Davis and Jenkins (or a safety) are keepers to me - if you don't sign Jenkins, you have to get one in FA
                  Lots of options, lots of time to think about things.

                  Comment


                  • #21
                    Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

                    I think Linsley and Austin Blythe would be two targets for IOL in free agency after releasing Turner. (Than of course adding a couple in the draft in R1-4, OT and OG).

                    Hunter, Davis and Jenkins (or a safety) are keepers to me - if you don't sign Jenkins, you have to get one in FA
                    Lots of options, lots of time to think about things.
                    Yep, Linsley and Blythe would be my targets... along with Ethan Pocic.

                    Comment


                    • #22
                      Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

                      Maybe, and so might Floyd but if I'm choosing one of them to try and sign, it's Barrett. Rather spend the money on him. Don't care to spend a lot on one year of production coming in his 5th contract year season.
                      Yeah, I'd sign Barrett over Floyd, too.

                      Comment


                      • #23
                        On Mike Williams, I have had him on my FF team for two years in a row.

                        As a back up.

                        If you don't trust him as a backup on a FF team why extend him for more than back up money? I doubt he will stay for back up money.
                        Go Rivers!

                        Comment


                        • #24
                          Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                          On Mike Williams, I have had him on my FF team for two years in a row.

                          As a back up.

                          If you don't trust him as a backup on a FF team why extend him for more than back up money? I doubt he will stay for back up money.
                          Lol, I had him on mine too and started him half the time but that league has three starting WRs and two other flex positions that can be WR/RB or WR/TE so I was loaded up.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X