• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
    I was at the UT forum as well...many years ago. I was Bolt Dude there too, but I think my last post was in like 2006.

My ideal OL situation is signing a C and G in FA (looking at Linsley, Karras, Blythe, Easton, Feiler, Ifedi, Warford). If Slater’s gone, I’m leaning towards AVT in the first then Radunz or Little in the 2nd. AVT plays LG as a rookie then replaces Bulaga at RT in 2022.

2021 OL:
    Little - AVT - Linsley - Feiler - Bulaga.
    I think my ideal OL is very similar to yours in fact. Linsley and Feiler in FA; I am also looking at players like Good or possibly Austin Blythe at C if Linsley goes back to GB, Would like Slater for LT but R2 options like Little or possibly Eichenberg make sense. And your idea about AVT makes a lot of sense too as he can slide to RT in year

I think I want two players for one Thuney so to speak. Good solid players. The Chargers OL was so bad - - I think its better to get more good players than maybe one better player.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
      Draftnik
      • Oct 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I think my ideal OL is very similar to yours in fact. Linsley and Feiler in FA; I am also looking at players like Good or possibly Austin Blythe at C if Linsley goes back to GB, Would like Slater for LT but R2 options like Little or possibly Eichenberg make sense. And your idea about AVT makes a lot of sense too as he can slide to RT in year

I think I want two players for one Thuney so to speak. Good solid players. The Chargers OL was so bad - - I think its better to get more good players than maybe one better player.
      I’d love Thuney.

Scherff, T. Williams, Linsley, Moton, and D. Williams are the other top-tier FA OL guys IMO.

Don’t think we’ll address OT in FA, and the only top guy I see the Chargers going for is Linsley...maybe Thuney, but not both.

If I had my choice between Thuney and Linsley, I’d pick Thuney. But I think the Pats will find a way to retain him. Linsley’s more realistic.
      Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
        French Speaking Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Québec city
        • Send PM

I was at the UT forum as well...many years ago. I was Bolt Dude there too, but I think my last post was in like 2006.

My ideal OL situation is signing a C and G in FA (looking at Linsley, Karras, Blythe, Easton, Feiler, Ifedi, Warford). If Slater’s gone, I’m leaning towards AVT in the first then Radunz or Little in the 2nd. AVT plays LG as a rookie then replaces Bulaga at RT in 2022.

2021 OL:
        Another one year or two to gel for the OL !

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2021
          • Send PM

What happens if both Linsley and Thueny are resigned by their respective teams?

AVT in first
          Radnuz or Little 2nd

Try to trade for Raiders Center Rodney Hudson. Use extra 3rd and Mike Williams in salary swap?

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
            What happens if both Linsley and Thueny are resigned by their respective teams?

AVT in first
            Radnuz or Little 2nd

Try to trade for Raiders Center Rodney Hudson. Use extra 3rd and Mike Williams in salary swap?
            Lots of other Oline FA.
            Go check out the roster build thread. Tons of thoughts on it there.
            My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2020
              • Oklahoma
              • Send PM

My 2 cents again on WRs? Don't waste money on FA receivers. They can be drafted and replaced after 2-4 years like RBs. Unlike O Lineman, Telesco finds them late. We have 4 guys at WR going into year 2 ready for bigger roles PLUS Parham and Andersen at TE.
              I am ready to say adios to M Williams and Hunter if they won't sign Charger friendly deals to make the O Line and D that much better. Draft a RB in round 4 to be 3 deep there and run the ball better.
              As is Keenan is already eating up a massive chunk of payroll so the rest need to be on rookie deals.

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2020
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post
                My 2 cents again on WRs? Don't waste money on FA receivers. They can be drafted and replaced after 2-4 years like RBs. Unlike O Lineman, Telesco finds them late. We have 4 guys at WR going into year 2 ready for bigger roles PLUS Parham and Andersen at TE.
                I am ready to say adios to M Williams and Hunter if they won't sign Charger friendly deals to make the O Line and D that much better. Draft a RB in round 4 to be 3 deep there and run the ball better.
                As is Keenan is already eating up a massive chunk of payroll so the rest need to be on rookie deals.
                I do not like the idea of moving on from MW. I like Guyton and Johnson, but I do not think they are there as the number 2 and 3 on the depth chart quite yet. MW brings a very different type of down field threat than what is currently on the roster. He has also gotten better as a route runner over the past couple of seasons. Injury is all that is holding him back now from being more consistent and available.

It's hard to imagine that MW will not sign a more cap friendly contract given the economic state of NFL teams currently. Where else will he find a QB with the arm talents as Herbert outside just a few teams?

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                  Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                  • Feb 2019
                  • McLean Illinois
                  • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                  • Send PM

2021 OL:
                  Hmmm....2 rookies side by side on the left makes me nervous...though AVT and Little would be a great haul...

I like this....

Little----Thuney----Humphry----Tevi----------Bulaga
                  Tevi-----Feeney----Feeney.......K.Greene...Tevi

Pipkens additional T depth, Hainsey out of ND as interior depth. Green is one option, Meinerz another...want both of them, but then you are using 4 of your first 5 picks on oline...might be a stretch, considering some other positions we could address...

I like Tevi as a team player, and I have always wanted to try him at Guard...can't be worse than what we had there last year, and as a versatile swing tackle, huge value keeping on the team...maybe a youngin beats him out eventually, but even then he will have value...Feeney also a good teammate who can provide versatile depth to the interior.

But my biggest point here? Put a savvy vet at LG next to your rookie LT, and you have a recipe for that rookie's success.

The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

I do believe we are getting there
                    @ fix the Oline.
                    Nine weeks to go.
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post
                      I am not ready to move on from both Williams and Henry - but, I would not franchise Hunter Henry and do not think the team should pay Mike Williams 15.6 for one year. Its okay if they are not team friendly deals but both need to be fair market deals for each player. I also think investing in all three (Keenan, MW and HH) is a lot of cap space when you have a terrible Oline.

For the team to improve - I think one of either Williams or Henry probably needs to not be back. SPend it up damn front!

And the more I think about how what Warren Sharp tweeted - that the Chargers window is wide open now with Justin Herbert - I am not wasting a year of that.

That means I am probably waiving Casey Hayward as in this market - $9.75m of cap space, let alone $7-8m should get you an improvement in free agency. Even if Hayward takes a pay cut - are there better options at CB? This is where film study and reality, not sentiment, needs to come in

Linval Joseph - $7.5m of cap space - again - can you use that money wiser. No more a year too late. Not waiving either player until I have better but in free agency, going to try to do better.

Telesco should be looking at guys that can build with this core group for the next 2-3 years - thats why Joseph and Hayward do not make sense as they are probably in their last years. Bulaga with his contract has to be on the roster. Tough decisions but oh well. I don't need the Thuneys of the world at OG or even paying a bunch for Allen Robinson at WR just to make a splash but I do need a helluva lot better than last year.
                      Last edited by Bolt4Knob; 02-23-2021, 08:15 AM.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                        Playing a rotating 2 deep shell, the S are basically interchangeable. They will be used as a SS up in the box AND as a FS in the middle of the field. It's not so much that we need 2 FS, as it is we need 2 S who have the skill sets of both a SS and FS. And any S we have needs to be quick to read and react, since the assignments on any given play will depend on what the offense is doing.

On top of the skill set to be a starting S, we are going to need plenty of backup DB, including several S. Staley uses a lot of his backup S in place of LB. He spent 85% of his time in nickel and dime packages, so most of the time at least 1 DB (sometimes 2 or even 3) will need to be up in the box, with LB type of assignments, although they will line up deeper and/or further outside, so while they won't necessarily need to take on blockers, they still need to be guys who are good at stepping up and taking on the runner in the whole, as opposed to DB who sit back and wait for the runner to come to them. .
                        With all the nickel and dimes Staley will probably be running, looks like Perryman is gone...

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                          I do believe we are getting there
                          @ fix the Oline.
                          Nine weeks to go.
                          Welcome back to the Trenchers, Wood...

...until u see another shiny new WR or RB...

Comment

Working...
                          X