Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

hopefully it happens. I’m on board with JJ III train. I’m guessing he will get the green dot. At least we know he can do the role so no experimenting needed = no wasted time. This new defense can hit the ground running with him on the backend.
    Weird as 2020 was the Rams first year in Staley’s system during the COVID offseason.
    Players the Bolts have all must be mental midgets if they can’t comprehend an NFL defense explained to them by the HC genius and his personally assembled coaching staff.
    Staley has stated more than a few times that he assembles scheme around talent not vice versa.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• La Costa Boy
      Pretty much retired......
      • Sep 2018
      • JoJa
      • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I really want to see what Staley/Hill are going to do with DJ33. Well he needs to be healthy. But he is such a dynamic player - hoping we get to see 16 games of Derwin. Playing the box, playing the slot; playing deep - I can see him at "middle linebacker" in a dime defense - blitzing, covering, everything.
      If we get a solid 16 game season out of Derwin, then I see every part of the defense being better. A rising tide lifts all boats and Derwin is that kind of force. We have seen that before and I hope to see it again. I just love what that kid brings to the table.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

I think it will be Jenkins
        If we sign a safety other than Jenkins, id like Marcus Maye but he will cost more than Jenkins. I dont know what we will do. Staley may want Johnson but he isnt going to take Derwins spot and Jenkins is a better FS than he was a SS. Though if Derwin gets injured again.....which would suck and i really hope doesnt happen, .....he can play there again. Or Maybe Maye can maybe play there. He is a good player .But he will cost as well so doubt we even ask about him. But on that list he is the only interest i would have..

Me......if we do resign Jenkins id also like to draft either Divine Deablo or Hamsah Nasirildeen. Both have good size and length to also can play a LB type role like Derwin without having to sign a guy like Johnson.

Comment

• CivilBolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Weird as 2020 was the Rams first year in Staley’s system during the COVID offseason.
          Players the Bolts have all must be mental midgets if they can’t comprehend an NFL defense explained to them by the HC genius and his personally assembled coaching staff.
          Staley has stated more than a few times that he assembles scheme around talent not vice versa.
          Yeah it was a good accomplishment for them to make it happen. Same thing can be said to our offense with JH at the helm breaking all kinds of rookie records.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Yep, they arent learning some ultra new scheme lol. Most players would say "its just football". Staley took most of the same guys Wade had, showd them a better way to play that defense and were #1....in his first season.

This isnt rocket science and the "QB" of the defense role (green dot) isnt near the same as the actual QB role calling out plays, protections and audibles.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
              Pretty much retired......
              • Sep 2018
              • JoJa
              • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
              • Send PM

In his first two seasons here in Atlanta, Keanu Neal was a BEAST. Then he had 2 seasons lost to injury followed up with playing 2020 in the shitshow that was the Falcons last year. But he played 15 games, had almost 100 tackles (73 solo) and still hits like a freight train.

I think he could be had on the cheap(er) and at 26, is primed to have a few monster seasons for somebody. Thoughts?

Comment

• CivilBolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Yep, they arent learning some ultra new scheme lol. Most players would say "its just football". Staley took most of the same guys Wade had, showd them a better way to play that defense and were #1....in his first season.

This isnt rocket science and the "QB" of the defense role (green dot) isnt near the same as the actual QB role calling out plays, protections and audibles.
                Agree it isn’t rocket science. However, I think it helps the DB calls the play as he has a clear view of the entire defense so he can ensure his teammates are aligned correctly/covering certain players “MAG”. I’m not sure if the same player makes D adjustments depending on offense’s alignment/presnap movement.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
                  In his first two seasons here in Atlanta, Keanu Neal was a BEAST. Then he had 2 seasons lost to injury followed up with playing 2020 in the shitshow that was the Falcons last year. But he played 15 games, had almost 100 tackles (73 solo) and still hits like a freight train.

I think he could be had on the cheap(er) and at 26, is primed to have a few monster seasons for somebody. Thoughts?
                  Not a great coverage guy but as an inbox DS with short area quicks and fierce hitter. DLB role maybe. I certainly don’t want him manning up Kielce, Waller, CEH, etc.

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

The players are being released for cap purposes
                    Kirksey and Wagner from the Packers
                    Tre Boston - from the Panthers
                    DeSean Jackson from the Eagles

My point is this - team that need to get under the cap have a lot of work to do

The Chargers just need to be patient, strategic and focused. There are going to be bargains to be had with cap space. It might suck for the players but the Chargers can really do some heavy lifting this offseason with solid cap deals or even one year deals if the player wants a chance in 2022 to be a Free agent

Motto of the day Tom: do yuor damn homework, find those bargains as players are released and free agency happens. First in with a decent to good offer just might win.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

HH honest about what his 2 primary focuses are.

He also touched on what he’s looking for. He said that he’d be lying if he didn’t say the financial side of things was a priority, but he has one other thing he’s also looking for in his 2021 team.

“I want to play somewhere there’s a good quarterback,” Henry said. “That’s huge for our position. It makes things a lot easier . . . Playing with a good quarterback always makes things better. You gotta look at both. You gotta look at some of the financial stuff, but not dive too deep into it that you go chasing it because I also want to play with a good quarterback.”

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• SuperCharged
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2019
                        • Utah
                        • Midnight Toker
                        • Send PM

Would be a great addition for the right price.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                          Draftnik
                          • Oct 2020
                          • Send PM

The players are being released for cap purposes
                          Kirksey and Wagner from the Packers
                          Tre Boston - from the Panthers
                          DeSean Jackson from the Eagles

My point is this - team that need to get under the cap have a lot of work to do

The Chargers just need to be patient, strategic and focused. There are going to be bargains to be had with cap space. It might suck for the players but the Chargers can really do some heavy lifting this offseason with solid cap deals or even one year deals if the player wants a chance in 2022 to be a Free agent

Motto of the day Tom: do yuor damn homework, find those bargains as players are released and free agency happens. First in with a decent to good offer just might win.
                          OT Rick Wagner with a 77 PFF.
                          Bulaga with a 61. Just sayin.
                          Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

Working...
                          X