Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
    HH honest about what his 2 primary focuses are.
    Right on! Smart guy.
    Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

HH also said he and his wife love living in SoCal.

TT won't insult him with the offer.

Connect the dots.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Weird as 2020 was the Rams first year in Staley’s system during the COVID offseason.
        Players the Bolts have all must be mental midgets if they can’t comprehend an NFL defense explained to them by the HC genius and his personally assembled coaching staff.
        Staley has stated more than a few times that he assembles scheme around talent not vice versa.
        Gus found any old picket to man his picket fence...Staley finds out each players strength, probably based on a combination of film and analytics, and devises a defense (and I assume offense now) to take advantage of those players' strengths and place them where they match up best vs. the opposing team. Smart.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Gus found any old picket to man his picket fence...Staley finds out each players strength, probably based on a combination of film and analytics, and devises a defense (and I assume offense now) to take advantage of those players' strengths and place them where they match up best vs. the opposing team. Smart.
          This is why I am not sure anybody that might have been "safer" under Lynn's coaching staff will be "safe" under Staleys. Thats not to say that Perryman might not be back or Hayward - just that he may have different ideas. And with the players that will be available in the market this year - plenty of opportunity to be diligent and scout to find better matches.

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
            Brandon Staley is very interested in JJ III.
            He has his reasons.
            50-50 that Rayshawn stays.
            Rams will let JJ III go.
            They have Burgess.
            Staley has no allegiance or connections to Rayshawn .....he's just another guy who happened to play for the Chargers last year.

He has practically no chemistry at free safety with Derwin James.

All of Rayshawn's potential advocates went to the Raiders....and Adderley isn't going to rave about him.

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Gus Bradley's beloved picket fence will be placed in a special section, behind glass, at Charger park. A large color photo of a smiling Tom Brady will be placed somewhere inside the enclosure.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Staley has no allegiance or connections to Rayshawn .....he's just another guy who happened to play for the Chargers last year.

All of Rayshawn's potential advocates went to the Raiders....and Adderley isn't going to rave about him.
                This is where I am. Its just not Staley but its also Hill, Lombardi, Rodgers, Frank Smith - I don't expect an overhaul but I can see some changes for sure:

Safety - sure Telesco drafted Rayshawn and maybe he stays as the evaluation warrants, or maybe they get JJIII

CB: Both Harris and Hayward are in their last years - for one, Telesco needs to draft a CB but I can see and bring back Davis , but more likely Hayward if one is released to sign a younger, cheaper player - even if just one - two years. Casey was good 2016-2019 but this year is about 2021

Perryman: I see him more with another team now as there might be a guy like Samson E or DeVondre Campbell that works better with a STaley defense. Same dollars, better fit

Linval Joseph: he had a very good year last year but how does he fit with this new scheme. I would think he is back but who knows. 7.5m in play - is there a player that fits the scheme better for the same money

OL: blow the whole damn thing up and do whatever. Bulaga is back but thats because he is guaranteed so much money.

NFL sucks with their non guaranteed contracts but its the way of the NFL and you can't get personal...

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Gus Bradley's beloved picket fence will be placed in a special section, behind glass, at Charger park. A large color photo of a smiling Tom Brady will be placed somewhere inside the enclosure.
                  LOL pbb...agreed !!

"If you disguise your defense pre snap, you have a much better chance at success. Force the opposing QB to make decisions post snap."
                  Brandon Staley

Our defense will be entirely different. Yes, Staley will adapt to personnel already onboard. But there will be aspects that are pure Staley. Position and role flexibility will be important. Disguise. Surprise.

Bosa/Derwin will be quite in similar to Donald/Ramsey, although obviously not identical.
                  Ramsey moved around a lot. Some of the 4i stuff will overlap with Aaron/Joey.

My eyes were opened that we talked to Darius Stills, given his particular skills (low pad level, leverage, burst.) It may signal an interest in ninja's Alim.

Might Linval be gone ? We do have JJones and Tillery. LAR 2020 did concede the run. They had a look with only two defenders with their hand in the dirt.

One thing for sure. We will tackle better. gusD with his athletic defenders who fail to wrap up--that's a thing of the past.

JMO.
                  We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

That picket fence should be enshrined in the "Charger Hall of Shame" -- right next to a football and a cube of butter representing all Butterfingers Benji's drops...

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

While Staley has no "allegiance" to Rayshawn, I'm sure that he'll sit down and watch tape. He'll see a versatile safety. A guy that played "centerfield FS" in a Gus system. He'll also see a guy that played SS at an above-average level filling in for Derwin. Staley would love to secure himself a versatile safety like Rayshawn if the price is right.

And that's the big thing... if the price is right. Of course the same rules apply to JJ3. If both players are too expensive, then look to the draft and use that FA money elsewhere.

Speaking of glass... I hope Staley/TT have a plan for when DJ goes down...

Comment

• therber219
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2017
                        • Iowa
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

While Staley has no "allegiance" to Rayshawn, I'm sure that he'll sit down and watch tape. He'll see a versatile safety. A guy that played "centerfield FS" in a Gus system. He'll also see a guy that played SS at an above-average level filling in for Derwin. Staley would love to secure himself a versatile safety like Rayshawn if the price is right.

And that's the big thing... if the price is right. Of course the same rules apply to JJ3. If both players are too expensive, then look to the draft and use that FA money elsewhere.

Speaking of glass... I hope Staley/TT have a plan for when DJ goes down...
                        Jenkins versatility, coupled with James' injury issues is good reason to look at resigning him. That could be the plan for if and when James goes down again. Hopefully they can get a team friendly deal done.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Staley has no allegiance to anyone of the Chargers so thats irrelevent.

But he has always said he will fit the defense to the personels strength. TT and even Derwin will likely be asked about Rashawn asside from watching his tape as a FS.

Dont care either way but i think he could fit. I expect Adderly to make improvement as well.

Comment

Working...
                          X