• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Ya I think you misunderstood me, I think we’re good at S and don’t need JJ3, which seems to be everyone’s natural connection in FA but would also be pricey
    I think if you wanted a DB with some upside and familiarity with Staley’s Rams system, why not consider Troy Hill who would be significantly cheaper (I think) and add talent to specifically our CBs
    David/Hill 1&2 vs Heyward/Davis

My thing with Hayward is looked to be slowing down last year and the Raiders, Chiefs and Broncos WRs aren't slowing down. So, besides drafting a CB - I do think for depth, they might want to look at a better option than Hayward since he is a FA and set to make close to $10m this year. The team also needs to bring back Davis for sure.

The Jenkins v JJ3 debate - I think JJ3 is better but maybe I am undervaluing Jenkins. No doubt JJ3 will cost more

Its all about cap allocation. Would I prefer to keep Hunter Henry? Sure - good young TE. But at what cost. I get its not my money and cap to manage but if I am overspending - prefer on OL at this point.

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

My thing with Hayward is looked to be slowing down last year and the Raiders, Chiefs and Broncos WRs aren't slowing down. So, besides drafting a CB - I do think for depth, they might want to look at a better option than Hayward since he is a FA and set to make close to $10m this year. The team also needs to bring back Davis for sure.

The Jenkins v JJ3 debate - I think JJ3 is better but maybe I am undervaluing Jenkins. No doubt JJ3 will cost more

Its all about cap allocation. Would I prefer to keep Hunter Henry? Sure - good young TE. But at what cost. I get its not my money and cap to manage but if I am overspending - prefer on OL at this point.

Exactly. And to me Heyward is a potential cut because he’s getting older and didn’t have a great season but I’ve heard he was dealing with nagging injuries which slowed him down in 2020. Still, that’s not good that your vet corner is old and injured
      I trust Staley on this one, hope he has enough influence on the CH decision

I realize the “move him to S” is a running joke but when CH was in his prime, I remember his strength was in route anticipation and jumping on them while facing forward. As his athleticism dwindles and his IQ increases, this seems like a natural fit.

If we decide to not pay Jenkins, which I think we should because like ninja says, he is ascending, CH to FS could be a creative solution
      Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I think what you aren't seeing is Derwin is our JJIII and he is a Much better player.
        Jenkins is gonna go back to FS and also probably a big role in dime which we will use often. Derwin can also be up near the LOS while Jenkins and Adderley are the two deep safeties.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I think what you aren't seeing is Derwin is our JJIII and he is a Much better player.
          Jenkins is gonna go back to FS and also probably a big role in dime which we will use often. Derwin can also be up near the LOS while Jenkins and Adderley are the two deep safeties.
          Good points about how Rayshawn will transfer back to the FS and DJ33 will be the SS

End of the day - if the Chargers are big spenders this offseason - it has to be Interior OL and possibly front 7 help. If bringing back Jenkins helps bring in better OL depth - I am all for that over signing JJ3

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I think Derwin James' new running partner is on this list.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

I think it will be Jenkins

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

How so? Rayshawn isn’t new or on that list. Nasir is already on the roster.

There are only 2 dudes on that list that I’m slightly interested in and Simmons / Williams will be far too costly. We are not tying up $150+ million in DS contracts over the next 2-3 years. Derwin will cost us $20+ APY when it’s his time in 2022/2023.
                My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

How so? Rayshawn isn’t new or on that list. Nasir is already on the roster.

There are only 2 dudes on that list that I’m slightly interested in and Simmons / Williams will be far too costly. We are not tying up $150+ million in DS contracts over the next 2-3 years. Derwin will cost us $20+ APY when it’s his time in 2022/2023.
                  I think it will be Rayshawn at FS

I was on the John Johnson train for a bit of time -- but I truly think Telesco is going to shore up the OL and Front 7 in free agency.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Brandon Staley is very interested in JJ III.
                    He has his reasons.
                    50-50 that Rayshawn stays.
                    Rams will let JJ III go.
                    They have Burgess.
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                      He has his reasons.
                      Rams will let JJ III go.
                      They have Burgess.
                      I am not sure how the Rams can afford to bring back both Floyd and JJ3 : hell one of them will be tough.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                        He has his reasons.
                        Rams will let JJ III go.
                        They have Burgess.
                        hopefully it happens. I’m on board with JJ III train. I’m guessing he will get the green dot. At least we know he can do the role so no experimenting needed = no wasted time. This new defense can hit the ground running with him on the backend.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

hopefully it happens. I’m on board with JJ III train. I’m guessing he will get the green dot. At least we know he can do the role so no experimenting needed = no wasted time. This new defense can hit the ground running with him on the backend.
                          I really want to see what Staley/Hill are going to do with DJ33. Well he needs to be healthy. But he is such a dynamic player - hoping we get to see 16 games of Derwin. Playing the box, playing the slot; playing deep - I can see him at "middle linebacker" in a dime defense - blitzing, covering, everything.

Comment

Working...
                          X