• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ghost of Quacksaw
    Beef Before Gazelles
    • May 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I still think of the time he ran into the end zone for a safety, myself. We all have favorite memories of former stars.
    I remember that on four entirely separate occasions, Benjamin flat out dropped 45+ yard bombs from Rivers that had been placed right into his mitts. His boners on punt returns were just icing on the Incompetence cake.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Again, speculation. Who was slacking and being a hothead? Taunting or just giving the opponent the biz isn't a hothead. Rivers did it every week.
      Maybe Staley doesn't put up with jawing...like I said, could be sending a message that there's a new boss with new rules..."meet the new boss..."

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

I remember that on four entirely separate occasions, Benjamin flat out dropped 45+ yard bombs from Rivers that had been placed right into his mitts. His boners on punt returns were just icing on the Incompetence cake.
        That would be the Backwards Benji Blunder...ah, good times...

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

What do we need to make a run at the Super Bowl? A #1 back, back up OL, maybe another pass rusher, more CB help? Better health?

We’re close, but yet so far.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
            LOL...I check in every day, and every day I am too flabbergasted to post much...already people are crying, bitching, and slamming TT, and picking apart every move our brand new coach makes...

How bout" some of you Jacks let us play a few friggin' games, and see how it pans out, before it's all doom and gloom...

I was looking forward to what Johnson could bring to the offense, but I give a new head coach some slack. No head coach is gonna be successful if they are not given the opportunity to build the team to their vision...nevermind what the fans think. Granted, their vision may not work, but until it's proven one way or the other, how about laying off the panic button?

I thought there would be a lot more positive energy, buzz, and excitement on this forum, with a new look team, new coach, and a rookie phenom QB with a full offseason under his belt, and a reworked oline in front of him...and we are starting the season with zero significant injuries...

Stupid me....I guess I missed the "Abandon all Hope" memo....:facepalm1::facepalm1::facepalm1:

I guess some people would rather lament on TT's past draft and free agent mistakes, and how he got us in the boat we are in...which is evidently sinking after, what.....zero games played?

Cheese and Crackers, people....BOLT THE F#@K UP!!!!
            ^ This...cutting T-Billy seemed inexplicable to me when I first heard of it, but apparently there was something Johnson was either doing or NOT doing which made him expendable...Staley is building HIS team...the previous staff coached us to a losing season, despite all that talent on the roster...so, let's all buckle our seat belts and see where the ride with the New Boss takes us...

Comment

• captaind
              Cook This Pork Chops
              • Jun 2013
              • Mars
              • Ball Holder
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
              What do we need to make a run at the Super Bowl? A #1 back, back up OL, maybe another pass rusher, more CB help? Better health?

We’re close, but yet so far.
              Definitely another pass rusher.

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Popper answers some questions. Going to try to cut and paste:

Popper 1.PNG

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Popper 2.PNG

Comment

• captaind
                    Cook This Pork Chops
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Mars
                    • Ball Holder
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                    Popper answers some questions. Going to try to cut and paste:

Popper 1.PNG
                    Read that last line again.

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Yes it does. The Jaguars released three players and made only one waiver claim. They had their choice of every released player from every team in the entire league and they felt that Tyron Johnson was the single best player that was released from any team. And they are right.

I have not fully investigated every roster, but I doubt there is a single team's roster that Johnson would not make if the team conducted proper player evaluations. Johnson was not worse than our 4th best WR when our coaching staff screwed up and cut him so that we could keep our 5th (Palmer) and 8th (Hill) best WRs on the roster.

The decision to cut Johnson is on par with Lynn playing Taylor over Herbert. It is that completely obviously bad.
                      Been cut 5 times, twice from the same team. Picked from waivers by the worst team in the league. What are you smoking?

Comment

• Boltgang74
                        We Are The Storm!
                        • Aug 2018
                        • Send PM

Exactly.Our o line woes start and stop with TT.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                          So no John Brennen huh?
                          Puzzling isn't it...Brannon leads the team in picks in practice and preseason games, then...zilch interest in even signing him to the PS...Brannon has been called "raw," but u would think the talent is there...

Comment

Working...
                          X