First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UtahBolt
    Did we win?
    • Jun 2013
    • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post

Someone told me to stop talking about Kayvon Thibodeaux because we had no chance at getting him. Obviously this was before we let Johnson go.
    :ml:
    I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

Urban was probably watching JH highlight to get some idea for Trevor Lawrence and saw T-Billy burning the defense with long bombs.
      With T-Billy in the fold and Trevor Lawrence at qb, Jacksonville's offense is going to explode.

From Lawrence, I'm expecting nothing less than 4500 yards /30 tds +
      From T-Billy, I'm expecting 50+ receptions / 1000+ yards

anything less from either is bust terrain and a huge, huge disappointment.

The Meyer/Lawrence/Johnson era has began in Jacksonville: the golden era of Jacksonville
      football is about to ensue:nod:

:anchorjump:

Comment

• QSmokey
        Guardedly Optimistic
        • Jun 2013
        • Kuna, Idaho
        • Retired
        • Send PM

I'm an old timer here (not on this board, per se, but I first started posting on Charger boards in 1998) and on every board I've posted there has always been somebody like chaincrusher. You know the type: Somebody who likes to drive home his point - ad nauseam - until half the board puts him on IGNORE. He reminds me of a poster - I forget his name - who eventually got banned because he couldn't resist the urge to respond to EVERY. SINGLE. POST that ran contrary to his own, one-sided, opinion.

Do any of the other old timers - Boltjolt, UtahBolt, Fleet, Heatmeister (aka TG), F21 - any of you guys remember that annoying poster's name? Just curious. The similarities are striking.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Cook's here now.

There weren't gonna be any "touches" for TBilly.

Now, about those issues with STs ...
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
            Cook's here now.

There weren't gonna be any "touches" for TBilly.

Now, about those issues with STs ...
            yeah, they're the same

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

PFF highest and lowest rated rookies

LOS ANGELES CHARGERS

Highest: RB Larry Rountree III, 77.6
              Lowest: TE Trey’ McKitty, 44.9

While he has a massive log jam to playing time, Rountree was impressive enough on his 22 carries this preseason to make the Chargers' final 53. He broke six tackles on those carries and averaged 3.6 yards after contact per attempt.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
                I'm an old timer here (not on this board, per se, but I first started posting on Charger boards in 1998) and on every board I've posted there has always been somebody like chaincrusher. You know the type: Somebody who likes to drive home his point - ad nauseam - until half the board puts him on IGNORE. He reminds me of a poster - I forget his name - who eventually got banned because he couldn't resist the urge to respond to EVERY. SINGLE. POST that ran contrary to his own, one-sided, opinion.

Do any of the other old timers - Boltjolt, UtahBolt, Fleet, Heatmeister (aka TG), F21 - any of you guys remember that annoying poster's name? Just curious. The similarities are striking.
                Oh gosh yes! Uh, can’t think of it either…but I think I know who you mean.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                  Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                  • Feb 2019
                  • McLean Illinois
                  • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                  • Send PM

At the old UT forum, there was a real ball buster like that...years later, LA Times, I ran into Trumpet Man, and thought it was him...except I saw some reasonable posting from him at LA Times...I think rather it was a guy who often allied with him in the AJ Smith SD UT forum wars...which got pretty ugly at times...but not sure...maybe Trumpie just reminded me of that pro AJ block...
                  The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                    Beef Before Gazelles
                    • May 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Bro, you don’t get it. They just decimated the roster and rendered any hope of victory impossible. They literally, and i literally never use the word literally, set this franchise back by at least 6 years. There is no recovery from this devastating talent loss.

I’m already looking ahead to the ‘22 draft, personally. Pick Uno lies ahead.

I say we throw in the towel, and trade Justin Herbert. Might as well be to a division rival, too.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

At the old UT forum, there was a real ball buster like that...years later, LA Times, I ran into Trumpet Man, and thought it was him...except I saw some reasonable posting from him at LA Times...I think rather it was a guy who often allied with him in the AJ Smith SD UT forum wars...which got pretty ugly at times...but not sure...maybe Trumpie just reminded me of that pro AJ block...
                      Trumpy is still saying the Chargers will have a stadium built for them "though the back door"

Oh the good old UT San Diego Forums - - I got locked out a couple years ago but Forrest Overrin is still there I think, not too many others. The Padres forum is still doing okay

Memories..guys likje Reif, Concudan Trumpet Man -- good old Humbolt (our liberal friend from Sacramento who stopped posting when HRC lost to Trump - true story)

and I think I remember that poster - -I think "charge" was in his name

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

I'm an old timer here (not on this board, per se, but I first started posting on Charger boards in 1998) and on every board I've posted there has always been somebody like chaincrusher. You know the type: Somebody who likes to drive home his point - ad nauseam - until half the board puts him on IGNORE. He reminds me of a poster - I forget his name - who eventually got banned because he couldn't resisstuff?t the urge to respond to EVERY. SINGLE. POST that ran contrary to his own, one-sided, opinion.

The lawyer from Arizona that had to have a NT in the 1st round? And destroyed every thread with the same repetitive stuff? Yeah, I remember him.
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

The lawyer from Arizona that had to have a NT in the 1st round? And destroyed every thread with the same repetitive stuff? Yeah, I remember him.
                          Just looked at the old UT board - not the same. I had fun on that board.

This has been a good one too

Comment

Working...
                          X