• Show
Clear All
  • SBbound
    Casual fanatic
    • Feb 2019
    • Merced/San Diego
    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

I’ve read this a couple of times but haven’t seen confirmed........

TE coach/run game coordinator or OL Coach/RGC?
    Frank has been an Oline coach in college and played same.
    Should be a nice compliment to Lombardi

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post
      The hard thing for projecting MW going forward (aside from the money aspect) is simply does his style of play mesh with Herbert? In Herbert’s 4 years as a starter he only threw more than 20 passes to a WR over 6’2” once and that was grad-transfer Juwan Johnson his senior year. Herbert doesn’t really have that ‘throw it up and let the WR make a play’ mentality because he’s using to throwing to guys under 6’ where that’s not really an option. I think that’s why he had a lot of success throwing to guys like Guyton and Johnson, he’s used to those quick twitch guys. Most of MW’s big catches this year that I remember were run after the catch scenarios instead of the big jump balls he was catching with Rivers. I think both MW and Herbert need to spend time together this offseason to work on that connection. Working on the jump ball will help Herbert and MW realizing Herbert wants to get him the ball where he can make plays after the catch will be mutually beneficial and a huge help to this offense. To me that’s the hard part of MW’s game that doesn’t make him worth the big money. Great at high pointing and winning the contested catch, but it’s hard on his body and there are times he doesn’t need to do that and he leaves yards on the field. Become a weapon on the short to intermediate routes and he may be worth that big money coming his way this season.
      The value for Williams is difficult from building a competitive long term team - I would prefer they find a WR opposite KA13 for the next 4 years. If that is Williams so be it - just needs a lower contract (I think that is a consensus - my guess Telesco and Maguire know this).

I see a guy like Godwin and if MW wants say 12 than Godwin is worth more -- would rather get the better player

Comment

• TTThunder
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
        Draft a WR in the second half of the draft and use MW money for O line.
        Coach up Guyton and Johnson and use MW money for a new OC/OG...

Go Bolts!!!

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by TTThunder View Post

Coach up Guyton and Johnson and use MW money for a new OC/OG...

Go Bolts!!!
          You are correct Sir.
          There should also be some other things on the front burner.
          --VERY deep draft @ WR.
          --just drafted Joe Reed/KJ Hill mid rounds 2020.
          --increased roles for Parham/Anderson.
          --drafting a RB 1b mid or late rounds should lead to a larger role for EK @ Slot WR.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

You are correct Sir.
            There should also be some other things on the front burner.
            --VERY deep draft @ WR.
            --just drafted Joe Reed/KJ Hill mid rounds 2020.
            --increased roles for Parham/Anderson.
            --drafting a RB 1b mid or late rounds should lead to a larger role for EK @ Slot WR.
            Here is the thing -- Chargers have 37m almost allocated to Turner, Williams and Hayward. I think they can re-allocate those funds better to Linsley, a WR and CB (Hayward is signed for one year so even if the CB is like the guy from the Broncos, Bausby.) Plenty of money than left over to dip back into FA for possibly another IOL. Just good solid football players in free agency. Don't have to "win" Free agency with splashy signings - just good solid players.

Than in the draft - hit it hard TT for Edge, your OT, CB, and than you can also get your WR and RB if need be

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Here is the thing -- Chargers have 37m almost allocated to Turner, Williams and Hayward. I think they can re-allocate those funds better to Linsley, a WR and CB (Hayward is signed for one year so even if the CB is like the guy from the Broncos, Bausby.) Plenty of money than left over to dip back into FA for possibly another IOL. Just good solid football players in free agency. Don't have to "win" Free agency with splashy signings - just good solid players.

Than in the draft - hit it hard TT for Edge, your OT, CB, and than you can also get your WR and RB if need be
              Pretty much.
              Wouldn't be a bad idea to make room and budget for late UFAs from teams suffering from the reduced cap.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Pretty much.
                Wouldn't be a bad idea to make room and budget for late UFAs from teams suffering from the reduced cap.
                Yes, thats another thing. The Chargers need to be patient. I am not so sure I get to greedy with signing Hunter Henry, Mike Davis and Rayshawn Jenkins until I see what market develops. There are haves this year in free agency and have nots. Teams will need to release players to make their salary cap.

That doesn't mean I don't want Henry or Davis back but they need to be smart and strategic. Players might take 5m per year to get paid early instead of hoping for ^6m per year. Now Hunter has value, Davis and Williams do as well so don't want to low ball them as that shows to the other players on the team.

Also, Telesco needs to allocate at least 8m of cap space this year for K, P and two free agent types since he let Dzub and Phillips go.

Lastly, I think there will be veterans post draft a plenty. Meaning teams will hit free agency, wait for the draft and the collection post draft will be better than normal. I am not saying lowball Henry or Davis - but the market wil be smaller this year

Comment

• Silversurfer
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2019
                  • Los Angeles
                  • Send PM

John Ross on a friendly deal? Adding more speed to the team in hopes he can get going over here, all dogs go and J.H chucks it up.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Yes, thats another thing. The Chargers need to be patient. I am not so sure I get to greedy with signing Hunter Henry, Mike Davis and Rayshawn Jenkins until I see what market develops. There are haves this year in free agency and have nots. Teams will need to release players to make their salary cap.

That doesn't mean I don't want Henry or Davis back but they need to be smart and strategic. Players might take 5m per year to get paid early instead of hoping for ^6m per year. Now Hunter has value, Davis and Williams do as well so don't want to low ball them as that shows to the other players on the team.

Also, Telesco needs to allocate at least 8m of cap space this year for K, P and two free agent types since he let Dzub and Phillips go.

Lastly, I think there will be veterans post draft a plenty. Meaning teams will hit free agency, wait for the draft and the collection post draft will be better than normal. I am not saying lowball Henry or Davis - but the market wil be smaller this year
                    Exactly !

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Exactly !
                      anybody got TT's number - he needs this information and advice

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Dont agree on Henry. Sign him before he hits the market and NE offers a King ransom we cant match. Offer him a fair deal and he will accept since he wants to be here. HH is the guy we should sign if nobody else.

11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
                        35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                        37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                        66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                        69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                        100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                        110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                        140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                        181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
                        225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post
                          John Ross on a friendly deal? Adding more speed to the team in hopes he can get going over here, all dogs go and J.H chucks it up.
                          Paying that china doll at all is a waste of money
                          11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
                          35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                          37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                          66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                          69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                          100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                          110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                          140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                          181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
                          225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

Working...
                          X