Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
    What’s the estimated price/cap difference between resigning RJ and signing JJ3 as an UFA?
    I’m leaning towards the opinion that defensive geniuses need to work with less sometimes
    especially when you need to replace or resign 4 of 5 OL
    and likely all start 5 by 2022
    Well see in a few weeks when FA begins.
    Oline is in flux.
    It should be the top priority to acquire better talent.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

ghost gets it.
      I'll just put this here.
      Jeremiah's updated Top 50
      has Moehrig at #16 overall.
      OMG, did you have the same sick thought I did? If I can't have Micah Parsons, we draft Moehrig and project Trevon Moehrig at FS?

7e75e9a7b7619ff8de2889aa01488549.jpg

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Feiler has started for Pittsburgh at two different spots along their offensive line during the past three seasons — 26 at right tackle and 13 at left guard.

In 1,499 pass blocking snaps, Feiler has only blown 31. In 903 run blocking snaps, he has only blown eight, per Sports Info Solutions.
        He is just 28 years old, and while he is not perfect and will likely never garner All-Pro status, Feiler has been a model of consistency when he is on the field.

That, alone, represents an upgrade for a Chargers offensive line that has struggled to find even an average player on their line for years.

Feiler’s offensive line coach in Pittsburgh, Shaun Sarrett, is now the assistant offensive line coach with Los Angeles, so the familiarity might be appealing to him.

Overall, Feiler possesses the versatility, durability and consistency that the Bolts would benefit from, projecting as a key depth option with starter upside

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Well see in a few weeks when FA begins.
          Oline is in flux.
          It should be the top priority to acquire better talent.
          Thats what I wrote earlier. I am not beholden to Hayward and Linval for what they did in the past - this is about the future. Many think Herbert is a franchise QB; Allen is a top WR; Bosa a very good, James if healthy can be fantastic - don't hold on to guys for a year because they WERE good - lets figure out if they WILL STILL be good. I want guys that will be on the roster the next three years. Not one year and have to replace if they are spending bigger time cap dollars.

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

What’s the estimated price/cap difference between resigning RJ and signing JJ3 as an UFA?
            I’m leaning towards the opinion that defensive geniuses need to work with less sometimes
            JJIII's salary at 5 year-$50 million. I posted that article with that exact number and I can't locate it as reference, as my search skills here are kinda poor. But that is the figure. I've read nothing on R. Jenkins.

In his article, JJ turns up his nose at 2-year $20million dollar deal from the Rams.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Feiler is on my list - he would be an upgrade at either OG position I think

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

JJ will likely cost a little more but we cant and wont sign both. Maybe we sign neither and draft one instead. Who knows. Free agency again will be a big indicator. Im sure one or two OL will be signed and im not talking about our own scrubs.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

OMG, did you have the same sick thought I did? If I can't have Micah Parsons, we draft Moehrig and project Trevon Moehrig at FS?

7e75e9a7b7619ff8de2889aa01488549.jpg
                  Thanks for posting ghost.
                  Required reading, TPB.
                  Life changing.
                  Flexibility in roles.
                  Disguise blitzes and coverages.
                  We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

JJIII's salary at 5 year-$50 million. I posted that article with that exact number and I can't locate it as reference, as my search skills here are kinda poor. But that is the figure. I've read nothing on R. Jenkins.

In his article, JJ turns up his nose at 2-year $20million dollar deal from the Rams.
                    5/50 - that might be a big higher than I thought for JJ3. I was thinking somewhere in the 4/35 range - but you can always make the last year a "cap year"

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

JJ will likely cost a little more but we cant and wont sign both. Maybe we sign neither and draft one instead. Who knows. Free agency again will be a big indicator. Im sure one or two OL will be signed and im not talking about our own scrubs.
                      if the 5/50 figure is accurate, that is significantly more than I expect RJ to command.
                      but whatevers clever
                      If we spend significant resources on defense (FA and draft) and the defense underperforms, it’ll be a valid criticism against both Staley and Telesco
                      So I’ll trust the process for now
                      P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                      P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                      P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                      P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

if the 5/50 figure is accurate, that is significantly more than I expect RJ to command.
                        but whatevers clever
                        If we spend significant resources on defense (FA and draft) and the defense underperforms, it’ll be a valid criticism against both Staley and Telesco
                        So I’ll trust the process for now
                        True but i wasnt thinking JJ would get 10 mil a year as his market projection is 8.3. So not sure what Rayshawns projection is as Sportrac doesnt have one for him yet.

We'll see if teh Rams value JJ with a better offer, which could just be more years.

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

JJ thinks he's worth $14 million/year...? Wow, pass.
                          And before I get hated on... I was the ONLY one that loved JJ pre-draft.
                          Let's please try and remember that Staley was brought in to use the talent that is already here... correctly. He wasn't brought in to recruit players from other teams... or draft players. That's TT's job... whether we like it or not.

Comment

Working...
                          X