• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I don’t get the Davis love at all, he’s the Tillery of the DBs. Very glad to see Samuels Jr come along so quickly.

Comment

• CivilBolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by labound View Post

Ok, I give up! What is does the acronym MTKL mean? Missed Tackles Something Something?
      Google is your friend. It means missed tackles.

Comment

• SBbound
        Casual fanatic
        • Feb 2019
        • Merced/San Diego
        • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

Google is your friend. It means missed tackles.
        Yeah, I got that part but what is KL?

Comment

• Bosa with his annual ding.

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Originally posted by labound View Post

Ok, I give up! What is does the acronym MTKL mean? Missed Tackles Something Something?
            Just missed tackle.
            TKL = Tackle
            MTKL = Missed Tackle
            My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• equivocation
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Seem that for about 10 years the really smart guys here (or the prior forum “here”) have been telling me that a prototypical 1-tech NT player was an anachronistic relic of a bygone era and the modern IDL player must more nimble, agile, flexible.

meanwhile for 10 years our IDL has been blown out of the A gap like a sockpuppet in a tornado. I still don’t believe a stout fire hydrant immovable NT that always requires a double team is not a valuable addition to reducing a team from mutidimensional to pass-necessary. Stop drafting 6’5”+ 295 lb DL and draft me one NT that is 6’1” 320 strong and quick. A guy OGs cannot get under the pads, a guy that will push the Center into the QB’s lap if he doesnt get help. This - i will forever want. Then surround him with those nimble twitch guys.

Tillery’s problem is he’s too tall for ideal IDL, that is why he loses leverage too often despite otherwise above-normal physical traits. He has to have perfect technique every play and hope the OL player has a lapse to win battles because OL at the NFL level are too smart and too good. Once they get under his pads, he’s done.

Look at how tall Donald is for reference. Or Jamal Williams, our last great NT. Their height is not a coincidence (Says amateur hack scout dmac)
              The key is strong AND quick. A 350# pillow does nothing. With the prevalence of outside zone the iDL must move laterally with the gap.

Comment

• Berserker76
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2019
                • Send PM

Seem that for about 10 years the really smart guys here (or the prior forum “here”) have been telling me that a prototypical 1-tech NT player was an anachronistic relic of a bygone era and the modern IDL player must more nimble, agile, flexible.

meanwhile for 10 years our IDL has been blown out of the A gap like a sockpuppet in a tornado. I still don’t believe a stout fire hydrant immovable NT that always requires a double team is not a valuable addition to reducing a team from mutidimensional to pass-necessary. Stop drafting 6’5”+ 295 lb DL and draft me one NT that is 6’1” 320 strong and quick. A guy OGs cannot get under the pads, a guy that will push the Center into the QB’s lap if he doesnt get help. This - i will forever want. Then surround him with those nimble twitch guys.

Tillery’s problem is he’s too tall for ideal IDL, that is why he loses leverage too often despite otherwise above-normal physical traits. He has to have perfect technique every play and hope the OL player has a lapse to win battles because OL at the NFL level are too smart and too good. Once they get under his pads, he’s done.

Look at how tall Donald is for reference. Or Jamal Williams, our last great NT. Their height is not a coincidence (Says amateur hack scout dmac)
                I'm hoping Merrill will fill that spot in time. He can clog up the interior and create havoc for the center. Hope his toe "issue" turns out to be a minor one.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

That type of NT does require a double in the run game but only single in passpro (as long as the IOL assigned has an anchor). We have that dude in Linval Joseph.
                  Tillery has been the main culprit in run defense as far as the IDL goes. What above normal physical traits does he have?
                  We had issues with K9 in his run fits and key missed tackles. Kyzir has had 2 key MTKL.
                  MDavis has been atrocious in his outside contain run fits. He’s allowed 4 - 10+ yard runs, in 2 games, by failing to do his job.

JWall at 6’3’‘ had a height advantage?
                  Jamal was 6’3’’ / 350# with special movement skills for a man that size.
                  Ok, he can be 6’3” if he’s 350 and can move like Jamal. Not 6’5” and 302 soaking wet.

We don’t get any pass rush from our IDL now, with the added bonus they don’t stop the run. Dedicating one NT out of 11 to anchor the rush defense is a good move, and pull him off the field on 3rd and long. The best defenses often seem to have a guy like that smack in the middle of the DL
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• CivilBolt
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2019
                    • Send PM

Ok, he can be 6’3” if he’s 350 and can move like Jamal. Not 6’5” and 302 soaking wet.

We don’t get any pass rush from our IDL now, with the added bonus they don’t stop the run. Dedicating one NT out of 11 to anchor the rush defense is a good move, and pull him off the field on 3rd and long. The best defenses often seem to have a guy like that smack in the middle of the DL
                    The only problem is when the offense is uptempo then you can’t pull him out.

Comment

• equivocation
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2021
                      • Send PM

I want Vita Vea too.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

Linval Joseph

2022 draft has some guys I like for us…
                        Travis Davis, Jordan Davis, John Ridgeway*, Phidarian Mathis

*undervalued. Ridgeway is both stout vs the run and can wreak havoc as a passrusher.
                        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                          Draftnik
                          • Oct 2020
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Linval Joseph

2022 draft has some guys I like for us…
                          Travis Davis, Jordan Davis, John Ridgeway*, Phidarian Mathis

*undervalued. Ridgeway is both stout vs the run and can wreak havoc as a passrusher.
                          Mathis is the one I’ve got my eye on. Even in the SEC he looks like a man amongst boys. Unusual functional strength and uses leverage well. He’s 6’4 +/- 310, but I think he could play NT or DE in a base 3-4. Also think his frame could handle 325 ILBs.
                          Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

Working...
                          X