• Send PM

I heard Jacobs is playing.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
      Draftnik
      • Oct 2020
      • Send PM

Here’s the way I see the matchups:

We’ll handle Waller much the same as Kelce—with Vato and James. We need to hit him at the LOS and not give him free releases.

When Vato’s not on Waller, he’ll be on Edwards.

ASJ will matchup with Ruggs on the outside. It’s a good matchup because ASJ is inexperienced and Ruggs is unpolished.

If CHJ plays, he’ll handle Renfrow from the slot. Renfrow isn’t a burner, but he’s a crafty, sly devil, which is a perfect matchup for CHJ, who’s seen it all.

Justin Jones and the ILBs will need to bring their lunch pails because Jacobs will play.

Norton vs Crosby is critical. Look for chips from TEs and RBs.

Look for us running vertical routes from the slot.

If Hayward is one on one, look for vertical routes and comebacks.

I see another big day from Dub.

Bosa will beat Leatherwood like a rented mule carrying a redheaded step child. The Raiders will need to chip.
      Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• foreigner
        Tom Telesco is gone
        • Sep 2013
        • Send PM

Denzel Perryman is playing!!! :beer::beer:

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Murray needs to work harder or maybe he just doesn’t get it.
          Murray is reputedly a hard worker. I expect him to get it one day.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post

He sucks at pass coverage.

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

He'll improve with coaching. May take a while. Making his assignment / read keys something he processes quickly and naturally has to happen.
              He has very good - excellent physical tools.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Very bright kid as well, got his communications degree in 3 years while being a 3-year starter.
                My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                  French Speaking Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Québec city
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post

Will we see Square and Philon too ?

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Very bright kid as well, got his communications degree in 3 years while being a 3-year starter.
                    I’m going to ask you this question, bluntly, because I respect you and are a big fan of your prospect breakdowns, but you can develop a player with K9 toolbox with great coaching and not spend a 1st especially LB. So shouldn’t a 1st (Slater) even a 2nd (Samuel) be advanced and polished to impact if not day one, early his first year as a starting roster position lock?

Comment

• sonorajim
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

I’m going to ask you this question, bluntly, because I respect you and are a big fan of your prospect breakdowns, but you can develop a player with K9 toolbox with great coaching and not spend a 1st especially LB. So shouldn’t a 1st (Slater) even a 2nd (Samuel) be advanced and polished to impact if not day one, early his first year as a starting roster position lock?
                      They are people.That comes with a lot of baggage.
                      Slater & Samuel had pro athlete dads who coached them as kids, may have helped get them on track.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

I’m going to ask you this question,I bluntly, because I respect you and are a big fan of your prospect breakdowns, but you can develop a player with K9 toolbox with great coaching and not spend a 1st especially LB. So shouldn’t a 1st (Slater) even a 2nd (Samuel) be advanced and polished to impact if not day one, early his first year as a starting roster position lock?
                        Some prospects hit the ground running but most will go through adjustments in the NFL.
                        K9 is in his 3rd defensive system in 3 years. He is thinking too much and it’s really affecting his aggressiveness, situational roles, and his run fits.
                        There are not many athletes who are 6’2-1/2s’’ / 246# / 33’’ AL / explosive, fast, physical, high IQ, huge motor, off field grinder that come along.
                        I had K9 as the #9 Overall prospect and #2 OBLB. I think we got major value but he’ll have to prove it on the field. He’s only 19 games in to his career so chances are he’ll be an outstanding player. K9 did set the all-time Bolt record for TKLs as a rookie. Better than Seau so must be something to work with.
                        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Through three weeks, here’s where we rank OL pass protection wise according to Larry Holder. Night and day from last season. I hope it continues trending upward.
                          https://theathletic.com/2855505/2021...-falling-down/

Who’s got your quarterback’s back best? And who’s getting your quarterback killed?

Even through a three-week NFL sample size, it’s mostly apparent that the team that protects the quarterback the best wins the most games.

I emphasize mostly.

I took a dive, with the massive assistance of TruMedia, into how every NFL team’s offensive line has performed in terms of pressures allowed and sacks on the quarterback. I’ve placed the teams in order of the best pressure percentage from 1-32. For me, it’s the fairest evaluation because not every team passes as much as another.

League rankings are listed below each stat in each team graphic. Here’s what the rankings mean:
                          • For sacks, the Rams ranked first with the fewest sacks. That’s why they have a “1.”
                          • For pressures allowed, the Browns are ranked “32” because they have the fewest pressures.
                          • For sack and pressure percentages, the Browns rank 27th and 29th, respectively, because they have very high percentages.
                          Chargers

T-NO. 6
                          LOS ANGELES CHARGERS
                          WEEK 1-3 PASS PROTECTION
                          SACKS
                          SACK%
                          PRESSURES
                          PRESSURE%
                          You have to like what the Chargers’ front five has done for Justin Herbert, except for right tackle Storm Norton.

He struggled mightily in his first start in Week 2 against the Cowboys filling in for the injured Bryan Bulaga. Norton allowed eight pressures (tied for third worst in a 2021 single game) and four hits in Herbert in Los Angeles’ loss to Dallas. He did rebound strong (one pressure) against Kansas City the following week, though, bringing his season total to 10 pressures (tied for 15th overall).

Guard Matt Feiler comes in next with five pressures. Rookie Rashawn Slater has held his own with four pressures. Guard Oday Aboushi(three) and center Corey Linsley (two) aid in the middle.

Comment

Working...
                          X