• Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

So based on this game, we throw an emotional temper tantrum and take three steps back, get Herbert and the O to learn another scheme that they will not be fully comfortable with until week 16 or so. A whole new D scheme that we may or may not have the players to run.

Screaming and throwing things are not going to fix anything. Get a grip of your emotions and think things through. Knee jerk is fun, yelling is fun but when it comes down to decision time you have to think logically, not emotionally.
    The only reason that Staley is not in the next coaching gig after his first season is for one reason "Mr. Herbert!" who made this shit show into a 9-8 season with highly competitive games due to Herbert's last minute attempts We lost at least 3 games we shouldn't have due to gross mismanagement. Our record would have been more like Detroit's or Jaguars if we didn't have Herbert. That's how bad I perceive Staley's failure to improve the one thing he was hired to do. If we had gone 4-13 both Mr. Staley and Mr. Telesco would be looking for new jobs Today!
    :wtf2:
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post

Ok…I’ll be mr. critical and you be mr. sunshine and lollipops. I’ll say the empower has no clothes on. You go ahead say all looks fine. Don’t tell me to get a grip either. You saying I’m emotional or throwing things and screaming? Kindly F-off mr. speaks for all.
      Everything you write is just a real drag to read.

Most times, i just skip what you say and move on to the next poster....my mistake this time.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

The only reason that Staley is not in the next coaching gig after his first season is for one reason "Mr. Herbert!" who made this shit show into a 9-8 season with highly competitive games due to Herbert's last minute attempts We lost at least 3 games we shouldn't have due to gross mismanagement. Our record would have been more like Detroit's or Jaguars if we didn't have Herbert. That's how bad I perceive Staley's failure to improve the one thing he was hired to do. If we had gone 4-13 both Mr. Staley and Mr. Telesco would be looking for new jobs Today!
        :wtf2:
        There is ZERO chance Staley would be fired after one year, no matter what his record. And if you are going to blame him for losses, you also have to give him credit for wins. Is he perfect? Nope, definitely things to improve on, but the hyperbole in this place about TT and Staley is has passed funny and now is just sad.

Comment

• Caslon
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

There is ZERO chance Staley would be fired after one year, no matter what his record. And if you are going to blame him for losses, you also have to give him credit for wins. Is he perfect? Nope, definitely things to improve on, but the hyperbole in this place about TT and Staley is has passed funny and now is just sad.
          It’s a relief to vent, anyways. I already acknowledged Staley would be back.

I’ll let Rex Ryan vent also, hehe.
          Last edited by Caslon; 01-11-2022, 06:41 PM. Reason: K

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

That is a very true statement right there. I would agree except for the Dallas game personally. Anyway our needs were glaringly pointed out by the Raiders for all to see. Storm is not a starter. Fix that OT spot and get some fresh guards/OT to fill the depth chart. On D it runs right through the middle. DT's, LB's with speed and the ability to react and tackle......and Corner......woe is me......Harris and Davis truly stink. We need to infuse 1 - 2 FA's and another 1 - 2 via the draft to build actual depth with talent. I mean, Kemon Hall just ain't all that nor a bag of chips. Safety could use a boost but maybe that's Webb if he stays healthy next year.

We have quite a few late round picks that we can use to bring in hungry guys to compete.
            Also - how come our top 5 O failed to score a TD in OT after our bottom 5 D did their job and held the Raiders to a field goal?

Comment

• Attack
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2017
              • Send PM

When is Telesco's end of season press conference? It should be any day now.

Comment

• Caslon
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Attack View Post
                When is Telesco's end of season press conference? It should be any day now.
                TT acquired Justin Herbert. That probably buys him another year with Staley at HC-DC. It’s even possible that Ken Murray stays.
                Last edited by Caslon; 01-11-2022, 09:47 PM.

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I'm positing an idea for debate. It's not that I believe it would actually happen. But yes if AL davis owned this team and we went 4-13, Staley would have been fired the next day! I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt because he had Covid, Concussions, and multiple problem children on defense. Gotta give him one more season to fix a lot of crap.

Comment

• gzubeck
                    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Tucson, AZ
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Also - how come our top 5 O failed to score a TD in OT after our bottom 5 D did their job and held the Raiders to a field goal?
                    Agreed. 3rd and six should have been a conversion but we were left with no choice on 4th down. We might have won this game if we we're down by 4 points and went for it. LOL!

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

So based on this game, we throw an emotional temper tantrum and take three steps back, get Herbert and the O to learn another scheme that they will not be fully comfortable with until week 16 or so. A whole new D scheme that we may or may not have the players to run.

Screaming and throwing things are not going to fix anything. Get a grip of your emotions and think things through. Knee jerk is fun, yelling is fun but when it comes down to decision time you have to think logically, not emotionally.
                      Yup. Let’s try to address the issues we have, starting with the defense. Then we address other issues like the right side of the line, RB2, punter for ST etc. If we still have the same problems next season and miss the playoffs then sure, go nuts.

I think the fact that we were so close and started out so well beating the Chiefs and the Raiders made us think it was going to be like this all season. Maybe a few more pieces as well as more depth next season, we can definitely make a run. Also we got really lucky with injuries this year so investing a sports science department to minimize injuries would be nice also.

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I'm positing an idea for debate. It's not that I believe it would actually happen. But yes if AL davis owned this team and we went 4-13, Staley would have been fired the next day! I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt because he had Covid, Concussions, and multiple problem children on defense. Gotta give him one more season to fix a lot of crap.
                        Al Davis wasn’t in the best state of mind when he made his head coaching decisions towards the end. After Gruden, it was a giant shit storm.

Comment

• cmplxgal
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • New Jersey
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                          Also we got really lucky with injuries this year so investing a sports science department to minimize injuries would be nice also.

This is true, for the first time in years. Was it at least partially due to Staley's resting regulars during the preseason games?

Comment

Working...
                          X