• Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

So you want to fire the head coach after his first season where he finished with a winning record. So new GM, new coach and all new staff because that's what a new coach does 95% of the time. That puts Herbie with his 3rd coach(es) in 3 seasons and I cannot think of a better recipe for success than that.

Yup........junk it and start over because we totally suck..........
    Now that you mention it....it depends. Right now Telesco and the Spanos clan have to determine who drove the Ferrari into the wall at 150 mph! We brought Staley in to make the defense respectable and for most of the season it's been a clown show there making Gus look like a genius. The wonder kid Flamed out in his area of expertise. There are going to be so many DC's available that know what they're doing that Rolando hill at the very least should be removed or demoted. Given his time as a player and also as an assistant coach we should not have had such crappy results. So yeah, if Staley's thinks he can fix this problem doing the same thing next year it's just to risky for me. Hill had plenty of opportunities to show what he can do and I think he's a light weight.

:wtf2:
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• gzubeck
      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
      • Jan 2019
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Send PM

Why not Flores to DC? The dude was DC and won a Super Bowl.........
      Yup! Any competent DC will do under Staley's direction.

:beer:
      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• jox g
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2020
        • Send PM

So you want to fire the head coach after his first season where he finished with a winning record. So new GM, new coach and all new staff because that's what a new coach does 95% of the time. That puts Herbie with his 3rd coach(es) in 3 seasons and I cannot think of a better recipe for success than that.

Yup........junk it and start over because we totally suck..........
        YES - because unless he tones down the ego, the "Titanic will sink."

Comment

• jox g
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jox g View Post

YES - because unless he tones down the ego, the "Titanic will sink."
          Spani would show tremendous cajones - HIRE FLORES! he did more with less.
          Telesco gone. Hire VIkings ex GM. He's built winners consistently. Flores could hire Zimmerman for DC (also from Vikings)

Comment

• Caslon
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2019
            • Send PM

Many other teams with overall half decent talent and the likes of a Justin Herbert would have gotten into at least the first round of the playoffs. Oh but wait! Over this summer Staley will no doubt transform himself into the wunderkin HC-DC he was to have been this season. The Chargers will manage to once again try and squeak into a playoff spot next season under Staley. Staley sucked at managing a 17 game NFL season. And it wasn’t Herbert having a sophomore slump either, as some pundits foresaw.

And I’m not buying the “gimme better personel” BS either.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
              Many other teams with overall half decent talent and the likes of a Justin Herbert would have gotten into at least the first round of the playoffs. Oh but wait! Over this summer Staley will no doubt transform himself into the wunderkin HC-DC he was to have been this season. The Chargers will manage to once again try and squeak into a playoff spot next season under Staley. Staley sucked at managing a 17 game NFL season. And it wasn’t Herbert having a sophomore slump either, as some pundits foresaw.

And I’m not buying the “gimme better personel” BS either.
              If you are not blaming at least Telesco for part of the problem - you are being irrational

And STaley coached the hell out of this team. They had one of the worst defenses in the league and they were close to the playoffs

McCoy or Lynn - same team - its 5 maybe 6 wins. Tops. Hell with that vaunted Gus Bradley defense they were 7-9 and that is because they played losers row the last few weeks including the Chiefs who were playing Len Dawson, Ed Podolak and Willie Lanier instead of their starters.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Birmingham AL
                • Send PM

Reading these last pages I feel like Harrison Ford here.

People need to take time and a deep breath, have a beer or two and think logically regarding this season. We have a new coach, who is a good coach, raw but good. A new Defensive scheme that is lightyears different than the picket fence D they came from. It is going to take time to revamp the defensive personal to fit the scheme.

Bringing in a new coach, new offense and new defense, all over again is just retarding the entire situation and is beyond stupid at this point.

Comment

• Caslon
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

Bringing in a new coach, new offense and new defense, all over again is just retarding the entire situation and is beyond stupid at this point.
                  Right you are. Staley will be kept for 1-2 more years anyways, so enjoy the mediocrity. I believe leadership skill plays an important part. 9-8 is pretty crappy, first year coach or not. Losing to the Raiders with mostly better players and Justin Herbert and playoffs on the line falls on the HC’s shoulders, not personel or the GM. After all, it’s the HC who overrides your OC and calls for 4th and 2 at your own 18 yard line.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Birmingham AL
                    • Send PM

Right you are. Staley will be kept for 1-2 more years anyways, so enjoy the mediocrity. I believe leadership skill plays an important part. 9-8 is pretty crappy, first year coach or not. Losing to the Raiders with mostly better players and Justin Herbert and playoffs on the line falls on the HC’s shoulders, not personel or the GM.
                    So based on this game, we throw an emotional temper tantrum and take three steps back, get Herbert and the O to learn another scheme that they will not be fully comfortable with until week 16 or so. A whole new D scheme that we may or may not have the players to run.

Screaming and throwing things are not going to fix anything. Get a grip of your emotions and think things through. Knee jerk is fun, yelling is fun but when it comes down to decision time you have to think logically, not emotionally.

Comment

• Caslon
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

So based on this game, we throw an emotional temper tantrum and take three steps back, get Herbert and the O to learn another scheme that they will not be fully comfortable with until week 16 or so. A whole new D scheme that we may or may not have the players to run.

Screaming and throwing things are not going to fix anything. Get a grip of your emotions and think things through. Knee jerk is fun, yelling is fun but when it comes down to decision time you have to think logically, not emotionally.
                      Ok…I’ll be mr. critical and you be mr. sunshine and lollipops. I’ll say the empower has no clothes on. You go ahead say all looks fine. Don’t tell me to get a grip either. You saying I’m emotional or throwing things and screaming? Kindly F-off mr. speaks for all.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Birmingham AL
                        • Send PM

Ok…I’ll be mr. critical and you be mr. sunshine and lollipops. I’ll say the empower has no clothes on. You go ahead say all looks fine. Don’t tell me to get a grip either. You saying I’m emotional or throwing things and screaming? Kindly F-off mr. speaks for all.
                        LOL

Comment

• Attack
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

The 15 interceptions are kind of skewed by the number of pass attempts. If you look at the percentage of passes intercepted, he is 15th at 2.2%. Someone posted an article a few weeks ago where he had the lowest turnover worthy number of passes in the league, IIRC.

In 2 seasons, he has passed for 9350 yards with 69 TDs and 25 interceptions to go along with 8 rushing TDs. I don't think we could possibly expect anything better from a second year QB - and he will only get better!
                          Amazing statistics for Herbo, and they will probably get better. The stats won't mean much without wins, though, and I feel good about Staley leading the team. He'll get better and improve in his decisionmaking, as will Herbo.

Comment

Working...
                          X