• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Just for the record - when I think of paying Mike Williams - I am going by what Jason , the cap guru from Overthecap.com suggested - He was answering questions on twitter the other night drinking a few beers and I suggested 4/45 to Jason and he said, "that range or a bit higher" - -so for me its like a max of 4/48 but a first year cap number of around 9-10m to save around 6m off his current cap number and he is signed long termed

But I am with you - I think you can get a player like Sammie Watkins possibly that might be 3/30 range who can do for you what MW does. He is down on my priority list

Hunter Henry, Mike Davis, a couple OL, a younger CB opposite Mike Davis and a safety, Rayshawn or JJ3 or the kid from the Jets - than WR. If he wants too much money and another team wants to pay him more - maybe they can get a 2022 5th round pick out of the deal
    Yeah but Watkins is a downgrade imo and he is hurt a lot more than MW is. He cant do what MW does, sorry. No thanks to Watkins.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

From the twitter desk of Dianna Russini - again this is just one coach and of course Russini is trying to make noise with this tweet.. but

Just texted with an NFL head coach about the upcoming cuts and what he expects… “It’s going to be a massacre next week all around the league”

I have a feeling the Chargers will release Turner, and one of these two if not both after reading this and other tweets about the cuts across the NFL, Harris &/or Hayward. There are going to be younger players with more upside for the same or less cash this year. I think Harris will be on the roster as he has a guarantee so might as well pay him.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

From the twitter desk of Dianna Russini - again this is just one coach and of course Russini is trying to make noise with this tweet.. but

Just texted with an NFL head coach about the upcoming cuts and what he expects… “It’s going to be a massacre next week all around the league”

I have a feeling the Chargers will release Turner, and one of these two if not both after reading this and other tweets about the cuts across the NFL, Harris &/or Hayward. There are going to be younger players with more upside for the same or less cash this year. I think Harris will be on the roster as he has a guarantee so might as well pay him.
        ^ This...plenty of solid players will be available...I'm hoping for RB, CB, O-line and/or D-line...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

^ This...plenty of solid players will be available...I'm hoping for RB, CB, O-line and/or D-line...
          CB OL and Dline agreed - thats where I think that Telesco and Staley need to be looking.

(and a couple core special teamers - not expensive - but get some guys who know what the hell they are doing on special teams)

Comment

• Parcells
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I definitely won't shed a year seeing Turner gone. With his salary alone (none of which is guaranteed) we'll be able to hopefully get close to getting someone like Linsley who I would much prefer to Turner. As to Hayward and Harris, I would be surprised to see both gone, but not one.

Comment

• ghost
              The Rise of Kellen Moore
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

I still think RJ is improving every season.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post
                I definitely won't shed a year seeing Turner gone. With his salary alone (none of which is guaranteed) we'll be able to hopefully get close to getting someone like Linsley who I would much prefer to Turner. As to Hayward and Harris, I would be surprised to see both gone, but not one.
                Hayward or Harris - first one to take a pay cut sticks around is the way I see it

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Gabe Jackson released by the Raiders

Not advocating signing him just because of the connection with Smith but another OG on the market. It looks like the market will have many options for Interior OL (not as much at OT ) so Telesco, Staley, the coaches really need to have been doing their homework.

Linsley will still cost a bit of money; maybe a player lIke Feiler if he hits the market. But Telesco should have the OGs ranked and call like 5 of them and the first one to respond wins. $4m might be low compared to last year but it also would be better than being shut out of any real money.

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

PFF breakdown of Gabe Jackson. He seems to be trending in the wrong direction.

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Gabe Jackson released by the Raiders

Not advocating signing him just because of the connection with Smith but another OG on the market. It looks like the market will have many options for Interior OL (not as much at OT ) so Telesco, Staley, the coaches really need to have been doing their homework.

Linsley will still cost a bit of money; maybe a player lIke Feiler if he hits the market. But Telesco should have the OGs ranked and call like 5 of them and the first one to respond wins. $4m might be low compared to last year but it also would be better than being shut out of any real money.
                      If they’re going to overspend, I don’t mind it being on a center who is only 30.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

backups or starters Topcat? Chargers always get burned when they try to fill too many wholes in the starting lineup.

If i told you after the last draft that Herbert would be an immediate stud qb, then the acquisition of Turner, Bulaga, Harris and Joseph would have had everyone screaming Super Bowl.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

backups or starters Topcat? Chargers always get burned when they try to fill too many wholes in the starting lineup.

If i told you after the last draft that Herbert would be an immediate stud qb, then the acquisition of Turner, Bulaga, Harris and Joseph would have had everyone screaming Super Bowl.
                          Goal is always to upgrade starters...remember if we're upgrading from horrible to average, that's an improvement...having said that, I would prefer to sign FA's that are at least slightly ABOVE average...

Comment

Working...
                          X